JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.12.2013, 17:37
iridius

Default Move Completed Downloads to a New Folder

I was looking for a way to move all completed files to a new folder on my computer, to simplify organizing. I use uTorrent a lot and have it set up with an
Incomplete
Complete
folder system, that makes it easier to find things.

Thanks.
Old 05.12.2013, 18:33
Community Manager

JDownloader 2 BETA -> Settings -> Packagizer -> New rule -> After download -> Move to...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.12.2013, 19:17
iridius

Thanks for the reply, but I can't get it to work.

I went to the Packagizer and clicked +Add, got the dialog box to make a new rule.

I don't see the "After download" option. in the conditions section. Or anywhere else for that matter.

I do see the "Move to" section at the bottom under the ...then do (these actions only apply to extracted files) section.

thanks again
Old 05.12.2013, 19:30
Community Manager

Sorry, it says "then to (there actions only apply to extracted files".
Ticket:

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.12.2013, 00:21
iridius

Either I'm dumb, or just missing something here.

Is there a help page or document for Packagizer, maybe that will help me.
I understand the action to be taken and have a checkmark to the left of "Move to" and selected my Completed directory to the right of it.

What I don't get is, where do I choose, in the conditions, that the file download is completed. Or should I just use the "Matches on any File or LInk and ignores conditions below"?
Old 06.12.2013, 11:11
Community Manager

Well because it says "move to" this means that the download has to be completed first.
Note that at the moment this will only work with the contents of unpacked archives.
I added the ticket to make it possible for other files as well.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.12.2013, 18:29
iridius

Thanks for the info.

1. I tried to use only the "Move to" options, with my completed directory "D:\Downloads\_ JDownloader\+ Completed\<jd:packagename>" filled in, and it gave me an "invalid condition error" and the rule was grayed out. I had to put a checkmark in one of the "If the following conditions match..." sections. I chose the "Matches on any File or Link and ignores conditions below" i assume this will work with any completed download (currently will only work with unpacked archives as you mentioned (that is .rar and .zip and the like correct?) is that the correct condition I should use?

2. Is there a help file or documentation for the Packagizer that I could read somewhere?
3. Is there a way to know when/if the ticket you made is resolved?

thanks again
Old 06.12.2013, 22:05
Community Manager

1. Yes.
2. No, because JD2 is not finished yet!
3- No, it's done when it's done

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.02.2014, 20:15
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Sorry, it says "then to (there actions only apply to extracted files".
Ticket:

GreeZ psp
I noticed that on the ticket, Jiaz asked the question, "why not just change download folder in packagizer?"

The reason is that this change would allow people to have a directory for "In Progress" downloads, and another folder for "Completed" downloads. This would allow people to easily perform actions only on completed downloads, from simple file actions to running scripts, etc.

Of course, the above result could be provided in other ways than modifying the Packagizer rule.
Old 28.04.2023, 13:22
Junior Loader

Default 2023: Do we have move files after download or I have to code it myself?

Hello,
I'm a programmer and I'm used to scrap docs and forums.
I was searching for "move files after download completed" and I found countless requests by users, lot of snippets and "it doesn't work here or there" complaints, or to use packagizer which, though, works only on unpacked files, which I don't need (on the contrary I might need to pack them with winrar after the download completed, but this is another story).
Other solution involved some "Eventscripter" plugin or something.

Now I found this post
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=90602
And many others.
Do we have this simple function in 2023 or I have to code myself?
It's such a basic option that I'm baffled it's not even yet implemented or clearly asked to configure.
Old 28.04.2023, 13:23
JD Supporter

@Pisellao: There is no such feature out of the box and we recommend to use the Eventscripter for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisellao View Post
It's such a basic option that I'm baffled it's not even yet implemented or clearly asked to configure.
Is it? Please know that JDownloader does way more than just download a file.

right now the following topics comes into my mind when I would think to work on this:
-mirror handling

-file exists handling: now the file stays in location X. other downloads detect this and can properly handle *file exists*. with file moving to somewhere else, this no longer would work because the file no longer exists in location X and thus may get downloaded again. Yes, users are using this feature to make sure they do not download stuff again/twice or check if it has been downloaded before.

-internals: file is downloaded but no longer within the package where it is downloaded. structure is that packages have a directory and links within that package are downloading into that directory. after moving around, this is no longer a valid attribute.

-extraction: JDownload waits for all parts of the archive to be downloaded and then starts extraction. with files moving around, the handling has to check download directory AND moving destination directory and either must support files in multiple folders or wait for all files to be moved and then start extraction. but what if moving failed? disk full/other issues? extract the archive to package directory or move-to directory?

-disk space management: right now JDownloader checks/reserves the required disk space so it doesn't start downloads/extraction when it is known that disk space is not enough to do it.
and I'm sure that I will find many more places where (complex) code has to be updated to support such a feature.

-controlling/gui: move where? one place for all or can be customized per link/package? update data models/controlling/gui to provide support for that.

You are welcome to work on this feature.
I don't see any reason to add this feature (to exist out of the box) without having proper support for all the use cases/mentioned topics.
Adding a feature that will very likely break many existing flows/features when not implemented right/fully will only make ppl not to use it at all.
For a simple *move after download/extraction* Eventscripter scripts are the easiest/most flexible/sufficient solution for the job.

Last edited by notice; 28.04.2023 at 13:41.
Old 28.04.2023, 13:27
Community Manager

@notice
Do we have a ticket for this?

I've noticed that, over time, quite a lot of users were asking for this.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 29.04.2023, 03:56
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice View Post
@Pisellao: There is no such feature out of the box and we recommend to use the Eventscripter for this

Is it? Please know that JDownloader does way more than just download a file.

right now the following topics comes into my mind when I would think to work on this:
-mirror handling

-file exists handling: now the file stays in location X. other downloads detect this and can properly handle *file exists*. with file moving to somewhere else, this no longer would work because the file no longer exists in location X and thus may get downloaded again. Yes, users are using this feature to make sure they do not download stuff again/twice or check if it has been downloaded before.

-internals: file is downloaded but no longer within the package where it is downloaded. structure is that packages have a directory and links within that package are downloading into that directory. after moving around, this is no longer a valid attribute.

-extraction: JDownload waits for all parts of the archive to be downloaded and then starts extraction. with files moving around, the handling has to check download directory AND moving destination directory and either must support files in multiple folders or wait for all files to be moved and then start extraction. but what if moving failed? disk full/other issues? extract the archive to package directory or move-to directory?

-disk space management: right now JDownloader checks/reserves the required disk space so it doesn't start downloads/extraction when it is known that disk space is not enough to do it.
and I'm sure that I will find many more places where (complex) code has to be updated to support such a feature.

-controlling/gui: move where? one place for all or can be customized per link/package? update data models/controlling/gui to provide support for that.

You are welcome to work on this feature.
I don't see any reason to add this feature (to exist out of the box) without having proper support for all the use cases/mentioned topics.
Adding a feature that will very likely break many existing flows/features when not implemented right/fully will only make ppl not to use it at all.
For a simple *move after download/extraction* Eventscripter scripts are the easiest/most flexible/sufficient solution for the job.
And?
As a programmer all I can see is a bar that screams 100% when download is completed so it's quite easy to detect when it's finished.

Don't know if something else occurs after the bar shows 100% completed, but it could be just set that it moves the file after download is 100% then it does all the other stuff.

Doesn't look to hard, but the scripting language behind it it's awful and that's the only thing that stops me from doing it myself
Old 29.04.2023, 04:01
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@notice
Do we have a ticket for this?

I've noticed that, over time, quite a lot of users were asking for this.
Don't know if this is it, but in this thread you opened a ticket but it seems that it didn't got much progress:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=53553
Old 30.04.2023, 00:52
Junior Loader

Lol why this is marked as solved?
It isn't and it's far from being solved.
Old 03.05.2023, 03:05
Community Manager

@Pisellao
I've corrected that by merging your thread with the older thread containing the same feature-suggestion.

Still though I don't see this feature being implemented ever and I highly recommend using external scripts/applications to build it on your own.

Spoiler:

Quote: