JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.06.2013, 23:29
gonwk

Question JD 0.9.581 & LinkGrabber Stopped Working

Hi JD Team,

I am still using JD 0.9.581 portable ... couple of days ago I wanted to experiment with JD Beta 2 so I thought I downloaded into a Separate Folder ...I promptly deleted it since I could Not understand the GUI Interface ... anyway, so, I thought I was still on my Trusty 0.9.581 ... which I updated the Changes manually ... 400+ Updates ...

Well, today I wanted to load up via LinkGrabber 4 URLs ... and it would NOT take ... I had to load them up one at a time ... it does not matter what URL ... it simply won't do it ... it was working just fine before I started messing around with it.

Q1: How can I activate LinkGrabber? And I don't mean Auotmatic Link Grabbing ... just the Capability of grabbing whatever is in my "Add URL" Box?

Q2: Why are you guys Not providing the Portable version instead of Online Installer?

EDIT 1:

So, while I am waiting for an Answer/Help from JDTeam ... I am trying to have another "NEW" Portable JD0.9.581-Beta 2 folder ... and right now is going thru it's updates ...

Q3: Under "Plugin & AddOns - Extensions" there is "Flashgot for Firefox" I chose to un-tick it ... so, is it really needed for Proper JD operation? And what the heck does it do in Simple Language?

EDIT 2:

Well, my 2nd copy of JDownloader is NOT working either ... same problem as before ... "Add URL" will NOT Parse more than ONE Link at a time.

BTW, I also had a Portable version "JDownloader Portable 2.0 Build 19096" that I activated the program directly by pressing .exe ...

Q4: Could this have Clobbered the other JDownloaders?

I am dead in the water ... can anyone Help, Please!

Thanks in advance!

G!

Last edited by gonwk; 21.06.2013 at 00:29.
Old 21.06.2013, 17:41
Community Manager

Hi
Automatic linkgrabbing (from clipboard) can be activated by checking the note symbol in the toolbar.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 21.06.2013, 23:06
gonwk

Hi pspzockerscene,

Thanks for your reply.

But that was not my problem. I actually don't like that feature for me ... because JD Grabbed everything that I touched ... so, I set it up like this ...

1) I copy my Links (right-click copy)
2) I go to LinkGrabber Panel ... middle Tab
3) I click on "Add URL" ... and that puts in my URLs, after JD does it's Decrypting.

When I initially wrote to you guys ... Step 3 of the above procedure was NOT working ... JD was Not taking the links ...

BUT, now out of nowhere my Problem is Fixed and JD is working like it used to ... so Problem Solved.

But, I am confused about HOW it got fixed by itself ... all I did, was to Completely Close-Out and Restart JD several times ... I wonder if that reset everything ... anyway,

Thanks for Your Continued Help & Support.

G!
Old 21.06.2013, 23:51
English Supporter

Sounds messy, but maybe some links are not working due stable requiring restart after updates and some times multiple restarts. Clipboard monitoring shouldn't add everything, its very select in what gets added to linkgrabber, though not quite as select as you doing only the URLS you want of course.

re: Q3: in regards to flashgot/external interface addon.
It's just a API which flashgot addon in firefox uses to communicate with JDownloader to add links from your browser. But also its used for Click N Load, this adds links from website via javascript to the same API. If you want Click N Load supported or you use flashgot in firefox, you will need to have this addon enabled.

re: Q4: Could this have Clobbered the other JDownloaders?
no, each install can run independently of other jdownloaders, just only one will be bound to API ports.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 22.06.2013, 02:45
ReXTaR

maybe you should do a clean install ....

moreover, after many experiments you did, maybe you update java ...

another one, the final location (where installed), have sufficient permissions management ...

sometimes I do not always happen, some servers began to fail, to refuse connection and download speeds were being made ...

was solved by restarting and installing updates that appeared, in other words, sometimes the failures appeared to be caused by updates, and which were pending for downloading ....

with JD2 not happened to me ...
Old 23.06.2013, 00:36
Giga Loader

I have the same version of JD and the same problem as Thread Starter. The problem happened all of a sudden (i.e., during normal continuous use of JD, and not after update or JD restart or computer restart). Problem persists even after update and JD/computer restarts. Checking/unchecking the Note icon in JD does not, of course, help.
Old 23.06.2013, 04:28
Giga Loader

Default same issue on diff. PC, OS

On a completely separate PC with a diff. Win OS, I'm getting same issue. Specifically, it seems to affect URLs from avaxho.me. That's a popular site for JD users so it behooves JD developers to resolve this issue ASAP.
Old 23.06.2013, 05:11
English Supporter

Problem with specific host should be reported as host plugin problem, provide example links and upload the log.
Old 23.06.2013, 08:55
Giga Loader

Default Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Problem with specific host should be reported as host plugin problem, provide example links and upload the log.
Just go to a URL (page) at avaxho.me and click the URL, e.g.,
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
(or any blog page on avaxho.me )
This action used to cause JD to grab the Uploaded (or other host such as RS) via its clipboard utility. But this no longer works for THIS blog.
It is EXTREMELY important for JD to resolve this issue for this host. AVAX blog is a HUGE, MAJOR PLAYER and in the file-sharing world and JD is an important part of this blog's functional axis. If JD does not step to the plate on this issue, there are many other download utilities waiting to take over.

Last edited by 13mh13; 23.06.2013 at 09:03.
Old 24.06.2013, 13:02
English Supporter

Jiaz fixed avaxho.me

You will need to wait for plugin updates.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 24.06.2013, 17:48
ReXTaR

seem to want to advertise for that page ... on the other hand, if you are using JD 0.9.581, soon disappear, so should go proving JD2 ...greetings ..