JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.03.2015, 15:49
Fract

Default imagevenue pages Linkgrabber won't crawl for me anymore

Hi!

I've been using JDownloader on and off for a long time now, and recently donated. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, I go on a spree.

My situation:
I often find a thread on some blog that contains (for example) 200 pages, 20 posts per page, and 25 picture-links (imagevenue mostly).

How it was:
I would crtl-C the first page (often without the "&page=1" suffix on that url, and activate the JDownloader window.
It would crawl through all the pages of that thread (1-200) and make a list of downloadable pictures in the linkgrabberwindow to folders named "Page1, Page2, etc" in my target download directory. It would not crawl outside of the thread.
Play play and hey presto: everything downloads.

What I did:
I don't know for sure. I remember getting the JD2 beta and it worked like I just described before. Somehow it's behaviour changed.

How it is now:
It does "watch" my clipboard anymore, and it won't crawl beyond the first page of the thread and it won't make those cool "PageX" directories anymore (I suppose the last 2 have something in common).

Can anyone tell me how to make my beloved JDownloader (1 or 2, pref 2) behave the way it did?:confused: I tried looking through all the options, tried some experiments with the repackagizer, even redownloaded JD1, none worked.:outch:

and on a sidenote: if I return to that thread weeks later, 4 more pages might be added in the mean time. Can I tell JDownloader to not "crawl backward", only forward so that I can add the missing pages?

Thank you!
Old 23.03.2015, 16:17
Community Manager

1. You can enable/disable the clipboard observation with the brown notepad-symbol-checkbox on the upper toolbar.
2. To fix specified imagevenue issues we need example links and please also post a log (instructions in my signature down below).

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 23.03.2015, 17:02
Fract

Thx for your reply!

1. The watch/unwatch clipboard icon does not appear to have a function in my instance; either state does not produce a reaction, even-though my clipboard has a valid URL in it. I'm not really concerned with this part of my problem though, maybe my security software throws in a spanner in my case.

2. I don't think the issue is with imagevenue in this case. This is a **External links are only visible to Support Staff**link to an example (NSFW b/c bare breasts). That site uses the same vBulletin as this one, just a slightly different version.

I tried the log-instructions in your sig, but they are different for me as well. JD2b has a function in the help-menu, I noticed. Here is the ID: 23.03.15 15.46.45to23.03.15 15.53.05 jdlog://4566717486241/
edit: ah, lol. I was looking at the wrong part of the page, sorry.

hope this helps!

(I do understand German, but writing it will make you laugh, so I won't attempt it here )

Last edited by Fract; 23.03.2015 at 17:05.
Old 23.03.2015, 17:23
Community Manager

1. Well, should work fine!

2. Why shouldn't this be asn imagevenue issue?
I don't exactly what you mean by JD, grabbing all pages but we do have support for imagevenue galleries but NOT for your forum which means that jd will NOT automatically walk through all forum pages and grab all images but if you add an imagevenue gallery link it should grab all images of that gallery.
So please post an imagevenue gallery link here.

3. Your log shows nothing special...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 23.03.2015, 17:57
Fract

I don't have a gallery-link, because the the material I want to batch-download was not uploaded in that way. I am sorry if I was unclear. I'll try again rephrasing this:

There was once an option that would let JD put all downloaded pics into a folder which name would resemble the thread's title. So if I was on a site called "spacepics.net" there could be a thread named "Jupiter" which has 10 pages because there were 25 posts per page. Also, each post would have (say) 10 pics, with thumbnails.
At the bottom of the page would be a mini-navigation menu, page 1/2/3/4/> next/last, each menu-item being a "link"that could be clicked and hence, be parsed by JD to go to the next page of the thread and go parse all the piclinks there. Rinse, repeat until the last page of the thread was reached.
and I would have 1 dir called "Jupiter", in there would be 10 dirs called "Page 1" to "Page "10", and each of those 10 dirs would contain 250 pics.

There was a time when JD would crawl through all these pages for me, and find all the imagevenue-links, which I could conveniently download from the download tab of JD. I've done 100's of megs like this in the past.

And now I changed something, or JD has changed something. I can now only get 1 page at a time, which is no biggie, until you get to "threadnaughts" and doing this page by page would be a heroic endeavor.

Help, please! JD has always done this correctly for me, and not anymore.

Please understand, this is NOT a bug report per sé, I don't understand all the functionality this complex but excellent tool has, so I am just asking for directions how to get it working for me again.
Old 23.03.2015, 18:52
Community Manager

1. We have no such setting but I know what you mean.
You should be able to archive your goal via Settings --> Packagizer --> Create one or multiple packagizer rules for what you want.
2. We do have Crawl plugins for a lot of site but the forum site you mentioned above is NOT supported by any of our plugins and won't be in the future BUT this doesn't matter.
This only means that you will need to add each page "by hand":
xxx.xxx/foro/showthread.php?t=12345678
xxx.xxx/foro/showthread.php?t=12345678&page=2
xxx.xxx/foro/showthread.php?t=12345678&page=3
...and so on.

So at the moment I do not exactly understand what you mean because we haven't changed anything here (or I didn't notice that).
The only thing I could imagine is that we have some other default settings now but the site you mentioned above was NEVER supported via plugin in JDownloader so there is NO WAY that JD actually "walted" through it and decrypted e.g. all pages of a forum-thread.

GreeZ psp
EDIT

What you CAN do (this was not possible in the past) is that you can make your own Crawl-rules which basically means you can force JD to deep-crawl links matching a specified pattern so then you can easily add the above mentioned "page-links" with 1-2 clicks.
HERE I posted some hints on how to do this.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 23.03.2015 at 18:55.
Old 23.03.2015, 20:00
Fract

Much appreciated. I'll go to work on it.

Thx again!