JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 02.03.2011, 11:50
exorggyg

Default Abbreviated links with ...... in the middle

Hi, some sites (like Canadahun) regularly provide abbreviated links with some dots in the middle. These links show up as offline in JDownloader, but can be downloaded one by one through the corresponding file sharing sites (like data.hu, rapidshare, filesonic and so on). In the past JDownloader could handle some (like data.hu links with dots), but recently cannot. Downloading one by one is tiresome and most downloads cannot be continued if broken but rather started all over again.

ANY SUGGESTION HOW i CAN GET AROUND THIS DIFFICULTY??

Exorggyg

Last edited by Jiaz; 02.03.2011 at 11:56.
Old 02.03.2011, 11:53
remi

You're not copying the entire link. The dots mean that the links aren't displayed entirely.

Use the copy URI/address function of your browser or add the URI of the entire page to the Linkgrabber and jD will find all the links for you.

Your browser might also have a feature to show all the links of a page. I use that to select my links.
Old 02.03.2011, 11:56
JD Manager

nightly edition of jdownloader can do this, because it can examine the html sourcecode of selected contenct in clipboard.
Old 03.03.2011, 08:24
exorggyg

Thanks guys, I got one step closer. The copyURI/address suggestion works, but only link by link, which is still not perfect. I found the night version of JDownloader. Question: should I remove my copy and then download the night version (if it can be downloaded at all)? Or I can download it and it takes over the links and everything not completed yet?

Beat me, but I have no idea what the URI of the entire page is. I tried the bookmarkable link at the top of the page with no result. May I ask for a little more detailed description for dummies?

Thanks anyway.

exorggyg
Old 03.03.2011, 09:04
JD Manager

another easy way = select the links, rihtclick show sourcecode of selection and copy the sourcecode, that will work in stable too

how to get nightly , read in our forum but at the moment we are working on some internal changes, so nightly is currently not getting updated very often
Old 03.03.2011, 09:42
remi

I've tested the page URI method and that works as well. I'm using the Stable version of jD.

The easiest method is using a browser that has a link parser and shows all links of a page with their names and is able to sort and filter them.
Old 03.03.2011, 16:02
exorggyg

I still don't know what URI is, but thanks anyway. I'm gonna try this sourcecode thing.

Any suggested browser with the link parser whatever it is?

I know I want too much!
Old 03.03.2011, 23:59
JD English Support (inactive)

remi usually uses Opera. If you use FireFox, there is an add-on for that.

If you use FireFox, you can copy an link by right clicking on the link and pressing lower case a (for Copy Link Location). IE has something similar.
Old 04.03.2011, 11:10
remi

@exorggyg

URI is an abbreviation for Uniform Resource Identifier (see "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier"). It's the most essential concept for browsing the web. It's a string of characters that you'll find in the address field/bar of your browser.

The smart and simple Link feature indeed seems only to be supported in good browsers.
Old 04.03.2011, 19:48
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by exorggyg View Post
I still don't know what URI is, but thanks anyway. I'm gonna try this sourcecode thing.

Any suggested browser with the link parser whatever it is?

I know I want too much!
Very likely every browser can do this one way or another. Firefox and Opera have it built in.

There is however a fairly simple trick you can use in most browsers: Bookmarklets: these are javascript functions that you save as bookmarks.
Clicking them does things to the current webpage.

One, called "full urls as link text" you can get from
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
When clicked it replaces any link text with the actual link.
So you can just copy the complete link from the webpage.

You "install" it by simply dragging the link for the bookmarket on the above page to your bookmark list.

Or you can create a new bookmark and paste the code:
Code:
javascript:(function(){var i,c,x,h; for(i=0;x=document.links[i];++i) { h=x.href; x.title+=" " + x.innerHTML; while(c=x.firstChild)x.removeChild(c); x.appendChild(document.createTextNode(h)); } })()
in the "address".