JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.10.2016, 16:58
chico

Default upstore premium problems -- not a problem with logging into account

I recently re-installed my JDownloader but it's behaving rather differently now.

Let's say I am logged into my premium account and it seems to be fine -- it's calculated that I have a full 20GB of my download quota left. GREAT.

In the "old days" when I added links and tried to download, JDownloader would check to see how much of my download quota was available. If I had 5GB available and had two 4GB files in queue, JD would start and completely download the first but not start to download ANY of the second, waiting until enough GB were available to cover the entire file.

Now , for example, JD would start BOTH and complete NEITHER stopping around 80%. The downloads don't seem to be resumable, because when I wait till the next day for my allowance to return, the downloads restart and complete the 20%, but JD will subtract the FULL 8GB a second time from my allowance.

Unless a download completes 100%, I am essentially removing TWICE what I should be from my quota, and it seems the only way to stop doing that is to get rid of the queue and return over and over to my computer to enable only a few files at a time -- there must be a way to fix this. It also seems strange that JD will not start to download files automatically when more GB are added to my daily quota -- I have to come back and start these files manually.

ALSO, it seems that JD also doesn't keep very accurate tally of the download size. I just finished off a partial download using up 2 to 2.5 GB. JD didn't subtract 2.5 GB from my quota, it also didn't subtract the complete size of the TOTAL file -- which was around 4.5 GB. Actually it subtracted almost 7GB from my daily allowance.

Its possible that this is just a problem with upstore, or partially a problem with settings (pertaining to the queue problem). Your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by chico; 09.10.2016 at 17:01. Reason: added info
Old 10.10.2016, 01:38
English Supporter

@chico
far as I know JD has always acted in this manner (starting multiple downloads at once), the only time it wouldn't would be if you influenced the max sim; or max sim per host to 1; or advanced setting in JD2 'GeneralSettings.domainrules' for upstore to 1

upstore handlepremium allows resuming & unlimited chunking (limited to 20 at the core).

handlepremium does check for traffic left, and if you have none left it will temp disable account. Free mode then can kick in since premium isn't available, if free mode kicks in you could loose what you have downloaded as it doesn't support resume or chunking.

to ensure free mode doesn't kick in -> settings > account manager > usage rules tab > create rule for upstore > disable free mode.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.10.2016, 11:16
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico View Post
ALSO, it seems that JD also doesn't keep very accurate tally of the download size. I just finished off a partial download using up 2 to 2.5 GB. JD didn't subtract 2.5 GB from my quota, it also didn't subtract the complete size of the TOTAL file -- which was around 4.5 GB. Actually it subtracted almost 7GB from my daily allowance.
JDownloader asks Service for your current quota. After each download it substracts the used traffic during download. JDownloader doesn't know when/how the hoster accounts for traffic so JD simply reduces quota by used traffic. The next time the account does update status overview it will update current quota with service.
Old 10.10.2016, 11:17
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico View Post
In the "old days" when I added links and tried to download, JDownloader would check to see how much of my download quota was available. If I had 5GB available and had two 4GB files in queue, JD would start and completely download the first but not start to download ANY of the second, waiting until enough GB were available to cover the entire file.
I'm sorry but I do not remember such a feature. Of course we can add such a feature in future versions if you like