JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.07.2019, 08:20
Storm

Arrow Captch window doesn't close and download doesn't start (Uploaded, Trubobit)

Since the newest update, the captcha window opens, allows me to solve it (in Firefox), but then the window doesn't close (as it usually does) and doesn't report back to JD that captcha has been solved. The green check mark however is checked to indicate that the captcha has been solved.

In JD, the respective download prompt pop-up stays open and nothing else happens.

22.07.19 23.58.36 <--> 23.07.19 01.15.17 jdlog://0414186935451/

Last edited by zOrlAc; 23.07.2019 at 08:22.
Old 23.07.2019, 15:22
JD Manager

There has been no changes at all in JDownloader and what you describe sounds like *again* browser extension messing with Javascript/JDownloader communication. Please check your browser settings/extensions. The extension parses captcha responds and sends to JDownloader and then closes the tab. This not happening is a sign that something on browser side is causing the issue.
There have been no changes in JDownloader nor MyJDownloader extension.
Old 23.07.2019, 15:24
JD Manager

In case you mean that the Captcha Dialog doesn't close but the browser tab does, this is a rar bug that we are aware of but hard to reproduce/fix.
Old 23.07.2019, 15:30
Storm

thank you for the response, Jiaz. It's not the second one you described. That happens sometimes but resolves itself when you restart JD. No big deal.

Your first response is the correct issue. It's strange because it was fine until I installed the newest update (and I didn't change any browser settings). But I will check my browser settings and get back to you.
Old 23.07.2019, 15:36
Storm

do you by any chance know which settings in mozilla would have an effect on captcha? Maybe hardware accelerator? or browser.tabs.remote.autostart?
Old 23.07.2019, 15:52
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!
In doubt I would start by disabling any blocking extension like noscript/ublock/uorigin and test again. most likely one of those is causing the issue. I guess it's just a coincidence that the JDownloader update happened at same time as maybe firewall/av/extension update.
Old 23.07.2019, 16:36
Storm

yes, you are right!!! It was just coincidence. I reset browser.tabs.remote.autostart to default in about:config and it works again. Of course now Firefox does the annoying thing again, where in task manager 6 instances of Firefox are open, even if only one tab is open ?!? It eats up RAM, but oh well.
Old 23.07.2019, 16:39
JD Manager

Can you test with browser.tabs.remote.autostart enabled again? maybe it isn't connected to this at all. and in case it is, maybe we can find to workaround it.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 23.07.2019, 22:19
Storm

I just set browser.tabs.remote.autostart to False, and it still works. However, I noticed in task manager that it still says I have 6 instances of Firefox open, which shouldn't happen after setting it to false. So, maybe there is an issue with Mozilla. Once you set it to false, task manager is only supposed to show one instance of Firefox.

I'll play around with it a bit and let you know.
Old 24.07.2019, 11:22
JD Manager

Thanks for your time and testing. Report back when you know more or could find a way to reproduce the issue