JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 02.08.2023, 14:24
Modem User

Default YouTube - video download with JD2 not possible

In the past it was never a problem to download selected resolutions, or only audio with JDownloader2, since 2-3 weeks they are always displayed as "offline content".
Any solutions?
Thanks....

Last edited by alba63; 02.08.2023 at 17:17.
Old 02.08.2023, 15:22
Community Manager

YT Threads zusammengeführt.

@alba63
Ein Doppelpost ist nicht nötig.

Please post your log-ID here
If your bugreport is about a specific website which JD supports via plugin, please also provide example URLs which can be used to reproduce the issue you are having.

Bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.
Falls dein gemeldetes Problem ein Problem mit einer Webseite ist, die per Plugin unterstützt wird, stelle bitte zusätzlich Testlinks zur Verfügung, mit denen sich dein Problem nachstellen lässt.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 02.08.2023, 21:11
Community Manager

Next CORE-Update will introduce some more features of the channel/playlist crawler:

- New default + setting: all crawler items will go into a single package. If you wish to go back to the previous behavior, check the plugin settings
- New setting: Playlists: You can now let JD process playlists in reverse order. Thias means if a playlist contains 1000 items, JD can first find all 1000 videoIDs and then start processing from last to first item. This can be useful if you e.g. only want to have the last 100 items of a playlist.

Bitte auf das nächste CORE-Update warten!

Please wait for the next CORE-Update!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.08.2023, 21:54
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wppcproductions View Post
Have you or any other users noticed some files come unavailable and if you force download start it and its works and downloads ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_reporter_girl View Post
Say I copy 20 links to my clipboard, it may miss 1-2 videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonight View Post
Seltsam, beim ersten kopieren gingen sie nicht, erst beim kopieren eines anderen Links gehts dann meist wieder.
I can also (still) confirm the issue and it seems to only affect YT links.
The "unavailable problem" is very rare and therefore not a big problem.
The problem of links not being added is much more common and extremely annoying.

Meanwhile, I use an open Notepad window and when I have all the links together I paste them (3-4 times until all were recognized) into JD.

Thanks and greetings,
Martin

Last edited by m.fessler; 06.08.2023 at 22:01.
Old 07.08.2023, 05:31
Junior Loader

Bis jetzt funktionieren wieder alle Youtube-Links.

Habs so gemacht:
Im Ereignis-Scripter eine neue Regel angelegt.

[{
"enabled": true,
"logging": false,
"maxDecryptDepth": 1,
"name": "DIRECTHTTP",
"pattern": "htxps://wxw.youtube.com/watch?v=d+",
"rule": "DIRECTHTTP"
}]

---------
bei pattern x durch t und w ersetzen

---------
short-links werden so auch erfasst
"pattern": "htxps://wxw.youtube.com/w",

Als Trigger: Neuer Sammeljob

Last edited by Neonight; 08.08.2023 at 02:47. Reason: shorts
Old 09.08.2023, 14:17
Community Manager

@Neonight
Diese Regel tut genau gar nichts und zwar aus mindestens zwei Gründen:
  1. Du kannst keine Regeln für Link-Pattern erstellen, die bereits von Plugins gehandhabt werden siehe auch Supportartikel zu Linkcrawlerregeln.
  2. Dein Pattern in der Regel ist so oder so falsch: Laut diesem dürften YT videoIDs nur aus Zahlen bestehen ("\\d" = nur Zahlen), was nicht der Fall ist.

Du kannst dieses Problem nicht selbst lösen sondern musst auf einen Fix unsererseits warten oder die Links nacheinander einfügen und immer beobachten, wie viele letztendlich im Linkgrabber auftauchen.

Solltest du nach Einfügen dieser Regel keine Probleme mehr gehabt haben, lag dies ausschließlich am Placebo-Effekt.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 09.08.2023, 17:28
Junior Loader

Default Download "age-restricted" videos from Youtube

Can you implement (please) in JDownloader a button "I am at least 18 years old and I allow that JDownloader download age-restricted videos from Youtube" to JDownloader be able to download any video from Youtube?
Old 09.08.2023, 17:30
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

@tafreire
That is already possible:
  1. Add a age-verified YT account to JD via Settings -> Account Manager -> Add -> YT
  2. Re-add your age restricted YT links. They should be downloadable now.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 09.08.2023, 18:40
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Merged YT threads.

@tafreire
That is already possible:
  1. Add a age-verified YT account to JD via Settings -> Account Manager -> Add -> YT
  2. Re-add your age restricted YT links. They should be downloadable now.
OK. Thx.
Old 10.08.2023, 12:22
Junior Loader

I'm very glad there is so much activity put into the YT plugin lately, so I think this is the perfect time to make a couple of feature requests and improvements that I have been wanting for years. Nothing crazy, I swear!

1. There is a bug when using "*CHANNEL_ID*" as a parameter for package name, it replaces "_" with " ". For example, PewDiePie UUID is "UC-lHJZR3Gqxm24_Vd_AJ5Yw", but the package is named "UC-lHJZR3Gqxm24 Vd AJ5Yw". It would be great if we could have untouched UUIDs in package names for easier management.

2. An option to replace or remove emojis from file names would be nice, as they cause trouble with some file managers. For instance, when using "*CHANNELNAME*" and/or "*VIDEO_NAME*" as parameters for package/file name.

3. A small bug I have encountered rarely, is that ffmpeg will fail to encode videos with very long names, and you are left with an error in the download, and the two files unprocessed (video and audio). Workarround is renaming the file name to something shorter and to reset the download (or merging the video-audio manually). Point 2 would help with this too, as I have seen this bug mainly with videos with a crap ton of emojis in the name. So the simple fix would be to limit the max file name length to whatever is the max for ffmpeg.

That's it. Those are some small improvements that will be nice, but I can live without them.
Just consider them if you can, so don't stress out, please.
Nice changes to the crawler btw. Thank you, guys.
Old 10.08.2023, 16:21
English Supporter

@bug_reporter_girl

1) is a desired behaviour . and _ get renamed to white space. You can disable this globally just not at the plugin level; advanced setting > GeneralSettings.cleanupfilenames

2) I don't see this happening but maybe possible at the event scripter level by checking which char value each char represents and renaming it.

3) think thats a known issue, please wait for psp to respond

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.08.2023, 17:07
Community Manager

@bug_reporter_girl
Thanks for your feedback!
My work on the YT crawler has been finished for now.
I've closed pretty much all tickets related to the channel/playlist crawler.
There was only one ticket left regarding "include videonumber/playlist position in default filename pattern and when no playlist, then autoremove the pattern".
I'm not sure about that one yet so feel free to provide feedback.
Maybe the most elegant solution would be to let the user define two custom filename patterns: One for items that are part of a playlist and one for "loose" items but at this moment this would make things really ugly since users can define separate filename patterns for each media type (video, audio, image, subtitle, description).
--> Maybe a simple checkbox "Put video position to filename beginning" would be the best way to implement this.

Back to topic; adding to raztokis answer:

2. That is currently not easily possible.
Feel free to at least write down some suggestions about this topic here:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=90744
-> There is no ETA for this feature-request!
Apart from that, I'd also only point you to the EventScripter.
EventScripter forum thread:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
EventScripter help article:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...event-scripter

3. Yeah it's more or less a known issue.
The issue is not only related to FFmpeg but mostly affects Windows users in general.
There are numerous threads about this issue e.g.:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=62683
We even got a support article about it:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...load-directory

-> But this won't be addressed in the near future although we've started to work on this just recently.
At this moment you need to help yourself with either a Packagizer rule or an EventScripter script.
Modifying download paths and/or filenames is a critical part which needs a lot of testing and thus time.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.08.2023, 18:47
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
1) is a desired behaviour . and _ get renamed to white space. You can disable this globally just not at the plugin level; advanced setting > GeneralSettings.cleanupfilenames
I wish I had known that earlier! Thanks, I will try it asap. Why is this considered "desired behavior"? Do . an _ cause troubles in some systems?

Quote:
2. That is currently not easily possible.
Feel free to at least write down some suggestions about this topic here
I will if something comes to my mind.

Quote:
3. Yeah it's more or less a known issue.
The issue is not only related to FFmpeg but mostly affects Windows users in general.
-> But this won't be addressed in the near future although we've started to work on this just recently.
No problem, this issue is very rare, and the workaround is very easy. And it's been there forever, so we can wait whatever it takes. I'm a linux user btw, we are way less than Windows users, so proportionally, fewer reports are also expected.

Thank you both for anwering. Have a nice day!
Old 11.08.2023, 00:13
English Supporter

@bug_reporter_girl
re 1) think its more a flow over from years past were to cover one package name even though mirrors could have different filenames. Else you would end up or used to end up with multiple packages with the same content. Its also easier to read without those chars.

After posting I did recall there is a plugin setting in java class which can be set at the individual plugin level to override, but its not easily assessable by users

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.08.2023, 02:03
Mega Loader

Quote:
Maybe the most elegant solution would be to let the user define two custom filename patterns: One for items that are part of a playlist and one for "loose" items but at this moment this would make things really ugly since users can define separate filename patterns for each media type (video, audio, image, subtitle, description)
Not related to the numbering of videos but the new options are surely confusing some users as apparently the option "Customize Packagename" now only applies to single videos and for playlists jdownloader always uses the playlist name. I have not seen an option to customize that one. A separate option for playlists would be nice, or maybe the customized packagename should be used for both.

And just a visual thing i assume: for me the option "Channel/Playlist crawler group mode" is listed twice in the plugin settings.

Besides that, nice work with that plugin update!
Old 11.08.2023, 09:52
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBD View Post
Not related to the numbering of videos but the new options are surely confusing some users
We didn't get any reports yet but yes I know that changing defaults is never a good idea.
This time though this was an intentional change by me because:
  • Most of our other crawlers will work in a similar way e.g. twitter profile crawler -> all in one package, crawl a cloud-folder -> all in one package
  • Playlists can contain a lot of items so grouping them [into one package [by default] makes sense in my opinion
  • And finally: If you introduce new features but disable them by default, the majority of users won't ever use them (that's my experience at least)

Quote:
as apparently the option "Customize Packagename" now only applies to single videos and for playlists jdownloader always uses the playlist name.
I have not seen an option to customize that one.
Ab option to customize this behavior exists:
YT Settings -> Channel/Playlist group mode -> Put each video into a separate package

Quote:
A separate option for playlists would be nice, or maybe the customized packagename should be used for both.
Using both in one pattern is problematic because:
  • When crawling a channel, all there really is to choose from is: either: channelname[and channelID]/playlistTitle[and playlistID] and the number of total [crawled] items in that channel/playlist
  • When crawling single videos, none of the above is available but only information about the video itself (except if it was crawled as part of a channel/playlist)
  • This combined with the fact that our "YT filename replacer" does not have any kind of "optional placeholders" makes it nearly impossible to cover both cases in one package name pattern.
    More about this topic:
    https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=90744

I'am open for suggestions. What would be your preferred way?

Quote:
And just a visual thing i assume: for me the option "Channel/Playlist crawler group mode" is listed twice in the plugin settings.
I just noticed that too. Fixed [with the next CORE-update], thanks!

Quote:
Besides that, nice work with that plugin update!
Thanks for your feedback!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.08.2023, 11:13
Mega Loader

Quote:
We didn't get any reports yet but yes I know that changing defaults is never a good idea.
Had several people asking in chat why their "Customized Packagename" option does not work anymore since the update.

Quote:
Ab option to customize this behavior exists:
YT Settings -> Channel/Playlist group mode -> Put each video into a separate package
It's not the general behavior but the plain *name* of the package. When people have customized the packagename to "*CHANNEL* *PLAYLIST_NAME*" and now crawl a playlist, the packagename still end up being just the playlist name. I meant there is not option to customize that naming.

Quote:
Using both in one pattern is problematic because:
  • When crawling a channel, all there really is to choose from is: either: channelname[and channelID]/playlistTitle[and playlistID] and the number of total [crawled] items in that channel/playlist
  • When crawling single videos, none of the above is available but only information about the video itself (except if it was crawled as part of a channel/playlist)
  • This combined with the fact that our "YT filename replacer" does not have any kind of "optional placeholders" makes it nearly impossible to cover both cases in one package name pattern.
Current behavior is that not available options will be empty. That's fine and even if someone sets the option to "*CHANNEL* -- *PLAYLIST_NAME*" they would end up with "CoolChannelName --" which is still ok even though it doesn't look nice. May only get problematic if users choose to create subfolders by packagename, having spaces or dashes at the beginning or end of folder names is... suboptimal... but still better than just having the playlist name as the packagename hardcoded.

Quote:
I'am open for suggestions. What would be your preferred way?
i'd prefer two options there,
  • "Customized Packagename for single Videos"
    With the same default as before
  • "Customized Packagename for Playlists/Channels"
    Defaulting to "*CHANNEL* *PLAYLIST_NAME*"

The youtube plugin is probably one of the most used and also the one with the most customizing options. Feels wrong not having an option for that - and one more option in the plugin settings will not hurt anyone
Old 11.08.2023, 12:29
Community Manager

I also just got the first report.

Quote:
Had several people asking in chat why their "Customized Packagename" option does not work anymore since the update.
As said my changes only really lead to this if users add a channel- or a playlist.

Quote:
It's not the general behavior but the plain *name* of the package. When people have customized the packagename to "*CHANNEL* *PLAYLIST_NAME*" and now crawl a playlist, the packagename still end up being just the playlist name. I meant there is not option to customize that naming.
Yes I understand.
As said there is room for improvement but for now, they need to change the mentioned setting to "Put each video into a separate package" and then it will work like before.

Quote:
Current behavior is that not available options will be empty. That's fine and even if someone sets the option to "*CHANNEL* -- *PLAYLIST_NAME*" they would end up with "CoolChannelName --" which is still ok even though it doesn't look nice. May only get problematic if users choose to create subfolders by packagename, having spaces or dashes at the beginning or end of folder names is... suboptimal... but still better than just having the playlist name as the packagename hardcoded.
Again: It's not "hardcoded" in that way.
It's a natural result of the new grouping setting.
If the behavior is set to "put all into one package" there needs to be a single package-name.

Quote:
i'd prefer two options there,
I agree.

But regarding the reports you need to keep in mind that users will continue to report the package name setting to fail because many of them will probably overlook that "Channels/playlist crawler: Grouping mode" setting.
Maybe it is a good idea to update the auto mode of that setting so if a user includes any video-specific replacements in the playlist package name scheme, that scheme will still be used but videos will be grouped into separate packages again (which would be necessary to make this work).

Quote:
Feels wrong not having an option for that - and one more option in the plugin settings will not hurt anyone
I'am absolutely on your side. My main issue here is that I didn't come to any good idea on how to implement this yet.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 11.08.2023 at 12:37.
Old 11.08.2023, 13:50
Community Manager

So here is my next attempt:
I've added two additional settings so you can customize the filenames fir playlists and channels separately.
Screenshot:

By default, those will still be grouped into one package but:
If grouping mode for channels/playlists is set to "auto" and the user defined pattern contains a replacement which is only available for single videos, that pattern will be used as a single video pattern and the grouping will be "auto" depending on the resulting package-names.

Bitte auf das nächste CORE-Update warten!

Please wait for the next CORE-Update!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 14.08.2023 at 12:33. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 11.08.2023, 14:18
Mega Loader

Quote:
By default, those will still be grouped into one package but:
If groupon mode for channels/playlists is set to "auto" and the user defined pattern contains a replacement which is only available for single videos, that pattern will be used as a single video pattern and the grouping will be "auto" depending on the resulting package-names.
Had to read that a few times to understand, lol. But yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Old 12.08.2023, 08:47
Wind Gust

edit: 15.08.2023 - partially fixed with core #48149

sample for current youtube url decrypting issue. hope this helps - only the jpg is decoded

e.g. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

see attached extract from log file youtube.com_jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.log.1

exception stack trace
Code:
Caller: org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:1848)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:1841)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.refreshVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:1907)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.loadVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:1817)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.ClipDataCache.get(ClipDataCache.java:94)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.ClipDataCache.load(ClipDataCache.java:65)
jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.decryptIt(TbCmV2.java:600)
jd.plugins.PluginForDecrypt.decryptIt(PluginForDecrypt.java:356)
jd.plugins.PluginForDecrypt.decryptLink(PluginForDecrypt.java:462)
jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawler.crawl(LinkCrawler.java:3613)
jd.controlling.linkcollector.LinkCollectorCrawler.crawl(LinkCollectorCrawler.java:32)
jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawler$12.crawling(LinkCrawler.java:1731)
jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawlerRunnable.run_now(LinkCrawlerRunnable.java:118)
jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawlerRunnable.run(LinkCrawlerRunnable.java:49)
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144)
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642)
java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1623)
Attached Files
File Type: rar youtube.com_jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.rar (40.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by mav; 15.08.2023 at 11:39. Reason: partially fixed with 48149
Old 13.08.2023, 11:01
DSL User

Hello been a while how is going?

i recently discovered that youtube plugin is working again, i do like this program for youtube is more flexible than other downloaders

but recently it download most of the videos but i get a lot of file not found even though when i retry it download them normally, how i avoid that , do i need to setup the chunk and number of downloads so that it doesnt happen again, or something like that? Or is another settings i need to check out?

jd is very good for huge playlists as i watch indie games mostly

i might actually have solved myself it was some settings in advanced, making the hd the top quality seems fixed the problem for now i need to do some testing, since there are too many video variants now

Last edited by Lucretius0000; 14.08.2023 at 11:41.
Old 14.08.2023, 12:36
Community Manager

@Lucretius0000
If your bugreport is about a specific website which JD supports via plugin, please also provide example URLs which can be used to reproduce the issue you are having.

Falls dein gemeldetes Problem ein Problem mit einer Webseite ist, die per Plugin unterstützt wird, stelle bitte zusätzlich Testlinks zur Verfügung, mit denen sich dein Problem nachstellen lässt.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.08.2023, 18:08
Community Manager

CORE-Updates have just been released.

YT Changelog:
- YoutubeReplacer: added 'DataOrigin' so each replacer object is aware of where its data was initially coming from (don't mix it up with already existing 'DataSource') useful for new improved package grouping auto mode
- TbCmV2: set username/uploader of auto generated mix playlists to "YouTube"
- YoutubeHelper: added new replacer 'PLAYLIST_CREATOR': name of the user who created that playlist. Needs separate tag as this can be different from name of the user who uploaded the video.
- New default name for playlist-packages: *PLAYLIST_CREATOR* - *PLAYLIST_TITLE*
- YoutubeClipData: updated: added missing fields
- added 'CHANNEL_SIZE' as new replacer field as it is different to 'PLAYLIST_SIZE'
- added short patterns for some replacements e.g. 'PL_ID'
- added PLAYLIST_DESCRIPTION as new tag
- Set playlist description as package comment if user prefers to have all playlist items in one package
- Worked on a simple setting which lets you put the position number of playlist-items to the beginning of the filenames regardless of the customized filename scheme (not yet finished)

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 14.08.2023 at 18:08. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 14.08.2023, 18:16
Fibre Channel User

Why is JDW saying I can only download at 760p this video, if the player says it's available at 1080p, too?

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Did I miss something?
Old 14.08.2023, 18:19
Community Manager

Rightclick in YT player -> Display debug information

--> That videos "1080p" is 1920x760.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.08.2023, 12:04
Wind Gust

Default youtube url decrypting issue - part 2

sample for current youtube url decrypting issue - still present with #48149 (only partial fix) hope this helps - now only the name of the jpg is not correctly decrypted or no decryption happens at all - might just be an issue of the order in which the links are parsed.

e.g.
partial decrypt- only jpg missing issue:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

no decrypt:

see attached extract from log file youtube.com_jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.log
youtube.com_jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.log.1

stack traces are the same for both scenarios:

exception stack trace - partial decode
Code:
Caller: org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:2097)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:2090)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.refreshVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:2156)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.loadVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:2066)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.ClipDataCache.get(ClipDataCache.java:94)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.ClipDataCache.load(ClipDataCache.java:65)
jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.decryptIt(TbCmV2.java:633)
jd.controlling.linkcollector.LinkCollectorCrawler.crawl(LinkCollectorCrawler.java:32)
jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawlerRunnable.run_now(LinkCrawlerRunnable.java:118)
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144)
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642)
exception stack trace - no decode
Code:
Caller: org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:2097)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.getPage(YoutubeHelper.java:2090)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.refreshVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:2156)
org.jdownloader.plugins.components.youtube.YoutubeHelper.loadVideo(YoutubeHelper.java:2066)
jd.plugins.decrypter.TbCmV2.decryptIt(TbCmV2.java:633)
Old 15.08.2023, 12:06
Community Manager

@mav
We are aware of this.
We haven't found time to work on it yet.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.08.2023, 12:34
Wind Gust

this was just an update with new examples, as it seems there was a partial fix today with #48149
Old 15.08.2023, 12:36
Community Manager

Nope, we haven't touched any of the browser request stuff.

All changes mentioned in my last post were about settings, GUI and channel/playlist crawl behavior.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.08.2023, 19:19
Modem User

Default Youtube Download Error: try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)

I use Ubuntu 22.04 and openjdk 11.0.20 2023-07-18. I installed the latest version of Jdownloader2 available for Linux from this page: https://jdownloader.org/download/index

My Jdownloader2 is downloading videos without problems from some sites that I tested, however, not from Youtube, for most of the videos that I tried to download the follow message is displayed:

"Error: try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)"

I already reinstalled Jdownloader2 and ffmpeg, but the problem reoccurs. I suspect that the problem is in ffmpeg, because for the same video the audio and video files are being downloaded up to 100%, however, two separate files are generated with the extension .dashAudio and .dashVideo, as the follow image:

Old 16.08.2023, 11:13
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 19.08.2023, 21:41
Baby Loader

Regarding the multiple audio tracks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNN View Post
I got into this again, but again ran out of time.

I see that in the playerresponse data, videos with multiple audio tracks have an audioTrack segment inside the streams returned in adaptiveFormats and inside that is an audioIsDefault line, something like this (chopped up a bit):

Code:
adaptiveFormats=
[
	{
	itag=140,
	mimeType=audio/mp4; codecs="mp4a.40.2",
	audioTrack=
		{
		displayName=Spanish (United States) dubbed,
		id=es-US.3,
		audioIsDefault=false
		}
	}

]

I thought the practical thing might be to add a couple of relevant methods to YoutubeHelper class:
  1. checkForMultipleAudioTracks would take fmtMaps and iterate over all of them to see if there are multiple audio tracks and return a boolean.
  2. Possible inside addYoutubeStreamData another check would be made and the stream would be added only if it's not an audio stream OR there are no multiple tracks OR (there are multiple tracks AND it's a default track).

Like I said, ran out of time to actually get this to work.
Quote:
Just do it and play around with it.

Just keep in mind that I'm currently working on some other YT parser related stuff so there may be conflicts...but I'm not heavily touching that helper class.
As I suspected, since last playing with this almost two months ago, I haven't had the time to work on this anymore and still don't for the foreseeable future.

I did come to the conclusion that the basic change is probably actually simpler than what I suggested above (this is from my notes from back then): Add a check to addYoutubeStreamData which skips the track if it has audioTrack segment AND audioIsDefault=false, just like the other checks which already exist there.

I see I do have some comments mapping out the different maps, hashmaps, etc., but I didn't figure them out completely and how to parse out the relevant data.

I'm not giving up on this, but I don't know when I can get to this, so I would suggest implementing that (hopefully very simple) change without me.

Also, as a side point, wouldn't it be better to split popular hosters like Youtube into their own subforums under the plugins forum? That way, the conversations would be much easier to follow and you wouldn't have to merge threads into this one mega-thread (which in this case currently has more then 5600 posts).
Old 20.08.2023, 04:09
Super Loader

Anyone else experiencing Youtube-specific "Account Manager" issues today? I've had to re-verify my YT account 5 times today (export cookie data to clipboard, edit JD2 YT account, paste password, OK). It used to be super rare I'd have to do this, now it's happening multiple times a day? Any ideas?
Old 21.08.2023, 03:44
Baby Loader

Default youtube playlist packaging has changed

When downloading a youtube playlist, it used to be that each video gets their own package and is added into the linkgrabber in their order in the playlist. However recently I noticed that when adding youtube playlists, all of its contents are placed into one package making the videos alphabetically arranged regardless of its placement in the playlist. How do I set it such that the linkgrabber adds the videos in the playlist in their own package in order like before?

Example Playlist: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It's in the plugins menu.

Last edited by dedman155; 21.08.2023 at 03:51.
Old 21.08.2023, 12:55
Community Manager

@YNN
We have our reasons to keep all YT related posts in one thread.

@enjikari
There were no changes on our side.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.08.2023, 12:57
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.
@dedman155
That change has been announced here:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...734#post523734

A setting to go back to the previous behavior exist.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 22.08.2023, 12:09
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjikari View Post
Anyone else experiencing Youtube-specific "Account Manager" issues today? I've had to re-verify my YT account 5 times today (export cookie data to clipboard, edit JD2 YT account, paste password, OK). It used to be super rare I'd have to do this, now it's happening multiple times a day? Any ideas?
Quote:
@enjikari
There were no changes on our side.
@pspzockerscene Thanks for letting me know.

For everyone else: is anyone else experiencing this issue? Has anyone found a fix/solution/workaround? YouTube account will not stay logged in. Multiple times a day I see he red-dash YT icon on the bottom of JD2 that the Status says "Login cookies expired". I don't close JD2, or my Firefox browser that has YT pulled up, I don't do anything that would cause this - JD2 will be open, just sitting there, and then bam it happens. Several times a day. This only started happening about a week ago, maybe less. I can re-do the login, but like I said it only lasts for a few hours, if that. an anyone help?
Old 22.08.2023, 12:21
Community Manager

The problem seems to be happening with any Google cookies (also drive.google.com in JD) and has already been reported.

The following hint might help:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...473#post524473

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 25.08.2023, 09:47
JD Adviser

Default Different file sizes depending on the download program

Hi there,
I generally use JDownloader on Youtube, and yt-dlp on others sites.
I've just noted than the size of the files are not the same.
For example, on **External links are only visible to Support Staff**this video, quality 1080p, mp4 video format + aac audio format:
- with JDownloader the final size is 126 367 531 bytes,
- with yt-dlp the final size is 79 239 393 bytes (-32%).
With webm the sizes are closer, but I rather mp4 format.
I don't get the reason to the big difference. Downloading multiple files could generate a large storage need.
Why do I get these differences on the same files ? Is there some config on JDownloader to adapt the final size, that I have not on my side?
thank you for your help.