JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 31.08.2016, 18:56
Ultra Loader

Default Greyed-out Add New Links dialog

When doing only the occasional download I leave the Clipboard Observer switched off, then in "manual mode" use the Add New Links button to open up the Analyse and Add Links dialog.

If there's something iin the Clipboard, the download URL(s) automatically appear inside the text area of the Analyse and Add Links dialog. If there's nothing in the Clipboard, the Analyse and Add Links text area remains blank until you paste download URL(s) into it.

Or at least, that's what used to happen previously (for years) on my system -- Win 10 Pro, and JDownloader with all the very latest updates -- until behaviour changed recently. Unsure precisely how long, but perhaps a week or two ago.

Now I'm finding that I cannot paste into an empty text area, and also that the Continue button is greyed out (deactivated) so that link analysis cannot be commenced.

The LinkGrabber now works only if the Clipboard Observer is active (which naturally means that it picks up Clipboard contents from all sorts of general system activities that have nothing to do with file downloading, which is undesirable).

I'm scratching my head to understand what might have changed, either in JD or elsewhere in the system, that in manual mode now cause the When doing only the occasional download I leave the Clipboard Observer switched off, then in "manual mode" use the Add New Links button to open up the Analyse and Add Links dialog.

If there's something iin the Clipboard, the download URL(s) automatically appear inside the text area of the Analyse and Add Links dialog. If there's nothing in the Clipboard, the Analyse and Add Links text area remains blank until you paste download URL(s) into it.

Or at least, that's what used to happen previously (for years) on my system -- Win 10 Pro, and JDownloader with all the very latest updates -- until behaviour changed recently. Unsure precisely how long, but perhaps a week or two ago.

Now I'm finding that I cannot paste into an empty text area, and also that the Continue button is greyed out (deactivated) so that link analysis cannot be commenced.

It's a considerable inconvenience for me, but at least the LinkGrabber works if the Clipboard Observer is active. However this automatic LinkGrabber mode naturally means that JD picks up Clipboard contents from all sorts of general system activities that have nothing to do with file downloading, which is a bit annoying.

I'm scratching my head to understand what might have changed, either in JD or elsewhere in the system, that cause the Analyse and Add Links dialog to be deactived (greyed out). Might it be a problem with recent JD updates, or might it be a Windows problem (permissions, or whatever)? I'm stumped, any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 01.09.2016, 11:24
JD Manager

I've updated the AddLinks dialog. Guess I made a misstake/added a bug somewhere. Will check it
Old 01.09.2016, 11:43
JD Manager

Thanks for the bugreport. Will be fixed with next update
Old 08.09.2016, 02:41
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Thanks for the bugreport. Will be fixed with next update
Hello, there has been at least one update since your reply, but the problem still exists (on my system, the Continue button in the Analyse and Add Links dialog still appears greyed out). What are the prospects of a fix for this?
-- Cheers, Tony.
Old 08.09.2016, 09:44
JD Manager

The update is already live and the issue got fixed. Please note that the *continue button* is disabled in case you enter an invalid folder as download directory. Can you please check that
Old 09.09.2016, 15:41
Ultra Loader

Hello Jiaz,
Danke für deine Hilfe.

That was indeed the cause. I eventually realised this, but it was not immediately apparent. Not being familiar with all the checks and balances built into the GUI, it took me some days to come to that realisation.

My enhancement recommendation is that it would be extremely helpful if some sort of visual alert indicator that warns the JD user that this is the reason for the greying out of the Continue button. It's quite obvious in retrospect, but not at the time!
-- Cheers, Tony.

Last edited by NotesTracker; 09.09.2016 at 15:47. Reason: Add screenshot, fix typo.
Old 09.09.2016, 15:50
JD Manager

With next core update the folder will be highlighted in red color in case it is invalid. It was a bug that the color was not visible

Thanks for the feedback and glad it finally works fine for you again