JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.12.2009, 05:24
krackt

Default Slow speed Rapidshare free user

Re: Rapidshare free user slow speed

Free user on Rapidshare using XP SP2 Java 1.6.0_17-b04 JD -xmas- v0.9.579 java.exe & javaw.exe in firewall exception. **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Log here.

Using a browser I can download a 200MB rar in 30 mins but with JD it's usually 2 hours or more. My tests are repeatable.

Check out this example of file modified dates on this filelist when downloads have completed. The first 4 using JD the last 1 using Opera web browser.
  • 05/12/2009 04:26 AM 209,715,200 NATION~3.RAR
    05/12/2009 06:52 AM 209,715,200 NATION~4.RAR
    05/12/2009 08:55 AM 209,715,200 NA324E~1.RAR
    05/12/2009 12:32 PM 209,715,200 NA424A~1.RAR
    05/12/2009 01:03 PM 209,715,200 NA4246~1.RAR

This means that I get less than 20KB/s using JD and more than 100KB/s using a browser. Could Rapidshare be detecting JD and throttling free users using JD?

Megaupload free user speed is always between 150-200KB/s using JD on my system.

Any devs care to comment or make some suggestions?

Are any other JD users seeing this behaviour too?

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.12.2009 at 02:04.
Old 05.12.2009, 08:04
txnnok

I have the same problem with storage.to and jdownloader. I get terrible download speeds, but if I manually download storage.to, I get normal speeds.

I'm using storage.to cause I pay for it, well till sunday anyway. You might be stuck in the same glitch.

I get exactly 20kbs a sec downloading with storage, just not right with a premium. It even shows the key.

Sorry, I couldnt help more.
Old 05.12.2009, 10:04
electric_ice

I use to get 200KB plus downloading megaupload files but now i get like 20KB.I think its the hoster's thats doing this have you recently downloaded any MU files, are u sure you still get 200KB.
Old 05.12.2009, 10:29
remi

Cool

Having speed issues ? read this!

Do whatever you can to configure your firewall/virus software and jD properly and report back with statistics generated by a traffic statistics software.

Last edited by remi; 26.05.2010 at 10:41. Reason: changed link
Old 05.12.2009, 13:50
krackt

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Having speed issues ? read this!

Do whatever you can to configure your firewall/virus software and jD properly and report back with statistics generated by a traffic statistics software.
Read my post properly or don't bother replying! I get 150-200KB/s from MU ...I'll just use Cryptload for Rapidshare because it gives me full speed all the time.
Old 06.12.2009, 07:38
txnnok

Thanks remi,

I do use Kasp. and didnt consider the web scanner dragging the download speed down.
Old 06.12.2009, 10:51
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackt View Post
Read my post properly or don't bother replying! I get 150-200KB/s from MU ...I'll just use Cryptload for Rapidshare because it gives me full speed all the time.
You're free to use the software that suits you best. jD is free, developed my people in their free time. I totally understand that you're angry because you can't find the cause of your problem with jD. If you're angry at me, please don't bother reading my posts. I just tried to help you. I can't do more.

Wait for the developers to look at your log because there might be something you or the developers have overlooked.

Last edited by remi; 06.12.2009 at 10:57.
Old 06.12.2009, 16:50
Xavyer

If you sure that Browser or a other Programm is faster.Take Du Meter or something like that and aktivate in the option Show average speed wait a few minutes and you will see the real speed. RS send in intervalls so many Programms cant handel that and shows the wrong Speed

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFRSDown.jpg (90.0 KB, 2918 views)
File Type: jpg CLRSDown.jpg (92.9 KB, 2602 views)

Last edited by Xavyer; 07.12.2009 at 01:41. Reason: insert images
Old 07.12.2009, 02:02
JD Manager

jd loads with SAME speed as every other tool too. firefox, iexplore and other browser ARE KNOWN to show FALSE speed with rapidshare free user. you can check it with any speedmeter tool you like ! (eg taskmanager of windows)

we had proven many times that jd loads as fast as possible and same speed as every other tool. if there is a big speed difference (please use speedmeter tool to verify) then some firewall/antivirus is cuasing this (not unusual for java and firewall/antivirus)

btw. MEGAUPLOAD has NOTHING todo with RAPIDSHARE!
rapidshare normal speed is between 30 and 70kb/s. max speed is 125kb/s. more is impossible for rs free.
Old 07.12.2009, 02:05
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnnok View Post
I have the same problem with storage.to and jdownloader. I get terrible download speeds, but if I manually download storage.to, I get normal speeds.

I'm using storage.to cause I pay for it, well till sunday anyway. You might be stuck in the same glitch.

I get exactly 20kbs a sec downloading with storage, just not right with a premium. It even shows the key.

Sorry, I couldnt help more.
use boardsearch, this is normal for storage.to. they are overloaded
i even get with premium often not more than 50kb/s. in browser, jd and ANY other tool. speed is complete independant of jd.
of course you can have a link with fast server behind, but thats random.
Old 12.01.2010, 17:50
milt2010

I have exactly the same problem with jdownloader! I get terrible unaccettables download speeds with premium account. But if I use "Downthemall", with firefox, I can download the same file (200 Mb for example) in twenty or thirty minutes -with the clock in the hands- when JDownloader says 3h and 20 min or more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
jd loads with SAME speed as every other tool too. firefox, iexplore and other browser ARE KNOWN to show FALSE speed with rapidshare free user. you can check it with any speedmeter tool you like ! (eg taskmanager of windows)

we had proven many times that jd loads as fast as possible and same speed as every other tool. if there is a big speed difference (please use speedmeter tool to verify) then some firewall/antivirus is cuasing this (not unusual for java and firewall/antivirus)
PLEASE try Downthemall before say this things!!!

Last edited by milt2010; 12.01.2010 at 18:04.
Old 13.01.2010, 12:10
remi

Cool

Did you read the sticky post "Having speed issues ? read this!" mentioned in post #4 of this thread?
Old 15.01.2010, 10:17
milt2010

Quote:
Did you read the sticky post "Having speed issues ? read this!" mentioned in post #4 of this thread?
Did you read my post? I say "with the clock on the hands" or, in other words, with my eyes at the clock.
Old 15.01.2010, 10:40
remi

If you did hundreds of experiments and you're statistically sure that jD is downloading slower than any other software, then you should read the thread again and again, because something is blocking your jD. What firewall and virus software are you using? It's possible that you installed more than one virus software or firewall and you're no longer aware of it.
Old 15.01.2010, 14:08
milt2010

Quote:
If you did hundreds of experiments and you're statistically sure that jD is downloading slower than any other software, then you should read the thread again and again, because something is blocking your jD. What firewall and virus software are you using? It's possible that you installed more than one virus software or firewall and you're no longer aware of it.
Yes, it is possible. Moreover I am a newbie of computers and only the last 20 years I try to learn how to install Firewalls and antiviruses and how many is good to put in it... So, maybe you are right... After the hundred one time of low speed download, maybe I can to be sure and I will post to you the results...;) ...But, in the maintime, take a look at the Downthemall!!! Try yourself and see the difference.

Last edited by milt2010; 15.01.2010 at 14:13.
Old 16.01.2010, 10:33
remi

If your goal is to make publicity for another tool, then you've failed to convince me. Please use other criteria to compare both tools.

I've no speed issues, just like most jD customers. In rare cases where there have been speed issues, they've been solved or explained quickly.
Old 19.01.2010, 17:23
milt2010

Quote:
If your goal is to make publicity for another tool, then you've failed to convince me. Please use other criteria to compare both tools.

I've no speed issues, just like most jD customers. In rare cases where there have been speed issues, they've been solved or explained quickly.
I like JDownload, but, as I say from the beginning, other tools are more fast and I say about Downthemall only like as example (a very good example). But there are many other: DAP, Orbit, FDM and other... But maybe you dont' understand simple words or not read the posts... what critiria do you say? To look simply at the clock is not a good criteria for you?

I don't want to convince anyone... More simply (and useful) I want help the developers to look to other tools and try to do better work. And if you are one of them, with your thinking way, the future of JDownload is not very good.

Last edited by milt2010; 19.01.2010 at 17:42.
Old 19.01.2010, 18:09
Community Manager

JD is NOT slower than any other tool, this is totally wrong!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 20.01.2010, 13:01
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt2010 View Post
what critiria do you say? To look simply at the clock is not a good criteria for you?
It's not a good method, because then you're talking about a specific download. Download speed depends on many factors that are not controllable by jD. In order to get more confidence, we need a statistical method. If you're not familiar with statistical methods, please read an introduction on hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics.

Quote:
I don't want to convince anyone... More simply (and useful) I want help the developers to look to other tools and try to do better work.
The developers are doing whatever they can to make jD better every day. If you like other tools more, please use them. Don't start flaming because you don't find any good arguments.

We're trying to convince the developers to integrate performance measurement/management in jD.
Old 22.01.2010, 16:55
milt2010

Is not your business what I have to do. You look at yours, please...

But a last thing: fanatism and closed minds are very bad things. You defend a program no matter what, with a fanatic way and are uncapable to have a little of open mind and "heard" what the others says.

Aniway, I have lost too much time with this thing. For me, the question is closed.
Old 23.01.2010, 10:45
remi

I defend jD because it's the best downloading tool in its niche. If you can prove your arguments, then I'll be convinced, because I've scientific background. I don't believe thinks that can't be explained in a rational way. I'm not fanatic nor do I've a closed mind. Please, prove your point and I'll agree.
Old 25.01.2010, 00:58
sekturina

Cool

I am doing ~35Kb/s on free RS using JD.
I have 2Mbs link.
I used to go way faster on RS with JD some time ago...
you can talk about statistics or whatever you want,
but there is a problem, and if several people reports it,
then it's also a statistics.

I came here to see if there is a solution,
but it seems you like to argue more...

anyway... I tried browser downloading with chrome... same sh*t

on jd an on chrome downloading from free rs is going a lot slower
than it used to and it acts strange I mean it's like stop'n'go... it doesn't
have the flow of Kb's instead it downloads 0.7 Mb or so and than stops for
say ~10 seconds, then goes 0.7Mb more, stop, download, stop and so on...
So I recon rs changed something as they have "server overload for free users"
message most of the time now, and MU still goes fine like it used to...

@adminteam
cheer up, it's no flaming, people are trying to tell you there's a problem

cheers
Old 25.01.2010, 03:53
Xavyer

Quote:
But, in the maintime, take a look at the Downthemall!!! Try yourself and see the difference.
tried DTM:
00:00 average Speed ~33 kB/s no significant difference to JD*
01:00 average Speed ~53 kB/s no significant difference to JD*
01:30 average Speed ~67 kB/s no significant difference to JD*
03:05 average Speed ~124 kB/s no significant difference to JD*

*i load the same file after DTA with JD from the same RS server

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekturina View Post
@adminteam
cheer up, it's no flaming, people are trying to tell you there's a problem

cheers
Guys come and says "i load with 250(or more) kb/s with Firefox, Cryptload or with XY" or "In the evening i load with XY faster as with JD".But nobody can explain why or make a proof that he really loads faster then RS allowed or as JD.

I tried in the last time a few Programms, to different Times, RS Servers and Files. And checked the Speed with Du-Meter. At current time i found no Programm wich was faster or slower then JD.

The only problem imo is that Users don't know or understand that RS set the FreeUser maximum speed to 125 kB/s and to the main download time (evening, weekend) the speed slows down to 20 kB/s. And that many Programs show the wrong speed because RS send the Packages in intervals to control the speed. (http://board.jdownloader.org/attachm...1&d=1260146466 )

The last writing in Bold is your discription of "it doesn't
have the flow of Kb's instead it downloads 0.7 Mb or so and than stops for
say ~10 seconds, then goes 0.7Mb more, stop, download, stop and so on."
RS control the speed by sending packages in intervalls and no failure by JD, Chrom or any other Programm

RS is not MU. MU has not that much Users like RS, so they have less speed trouble. Thats why you get in the evening often "server overload for free users" from RS and thats why your speed so slow by RS. No failure by JD.

I hope you can understand now why i'm one of them who can't belive that an other Programm should be faster then JD or that there should be a Problem.

Last edited by Xavyer; 25.01.2010 at 03:56.
Old 25.01.2010, 10:35
remi

RS's strategy is superior to any host I've seen. Of course, it only works because most people that upload to RS don't understand the trap :-

1) collect all files people want to share for free
2) lock the files for free loaders
3) make huge profits by selling the freely obtained files to the rich

If I'm correct RS are Swiss, so they just copy their old strategy that has always worked :-

1) collaborate with the Nazis and collect the valuables stolen from millions of killed people
2) collect all the money from dictators (money coming from nice deals with Imperialist countries that got their money from tax paying slaves)
3) make huge profits with all the forgotten and hidden money

It's amazing that so few people in the world are aware of this magnificent scheme.