JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.05.2016, 03:05
Linkgrabbing Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
How do you know? Itag 22 for v=tx6NoKu4cI0 has a 192kbits
ID 22 is the non-dash stream and so with video muxed already.
DASH Streams (ID 140 in case of AAC, or ID 251 in case of Opus) are both 128 kbit only.

Quote:
We consider more than the pure quality. e.g. compatibility. "best mainstream/HW Player compatible" would be a better name, but we have to keep JD simple and accessable. Mywomanwould not know what "best mainstream/HW Player compatible" means.
But "best quality" the user expects to get the best quality. The button is still a liar. Especially if I'm not an experienced user and want the best quality - because the button says so, I would be disappointed if its not that what actually happened.
If I wouldnt know about VP9 or in general about youtube knowledge I couldnt know that it actually doesnt pick the best quality.
And on the other hand there should be a checkmark which follows this job so that I dont have to edit the advanced config, just to make the checkmark do its job right.

Maybe implement 2 checkmarks:

best quality with best compatibility to players
best quality

something like this. If good naming is used it should be understandable by your woman too.

Currently it is really misleading. If I choose best quality I expect to get best quality. How could I this way trust jdownloader on other portals where I dont know its internals? I couldnt trust jdownloader in this case if it really downloads best quality or if it again downloads just the best hardware player spreaded format.

Quote:
Thx. Seems like you have insight. Why do you know things like this?
By Downloading the video and checking the file, also much by learning myself.
tips for ID numbers:
If you make a rightclick on a video and choose stats for nerds you can see the used ID number for video and audio at current playback.
Or this helps for ID numbers too:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The bitrate values are a bit strange on that page though. I dont know how they calculate it. So for checking bitrate,better download it and look it up with the program Mediainfo at textview.

Last edited by De-M-oN; 29.05.2016 at 03:08.
Old 31.05.2016, 12:35
Vacuum Cleaner

I am downloading multiple 1gb+ videos at the same time out of hundreds in the download list but the disk is overloaded because they all complete at around the same time. The drive is unusable for opening any file while converting takes place and freeze the windows explorer. Can you put a option to queue convert/muxing to 1 at a time?
Old 31.05.2016, 12:54
JD Manager

@minibox: will update plugin to run only 1 at a time
Old 31.05.2016, 21:34
Linkgrabbing Monster

@Jiaz : Would be nice if you could do the same for extracting rar files.
Old 31.05.2016, 23:39
Vacuum Cleaner

I think there's a bug with the popup that shows up asking to send data to jdownloader when a youtube video is having problem downloading.

After that popup, which I select no, the download queue stops running. Same effect if the popup is ignored since I found a few times downloads stopped after I woke up. The videos that are currently being downloaded finish downloading, but no new downloads start even though there were still many links queued up. I used force download on the download list not the play/pause/stop icon, not sure if that makes any difference.
Old 01.06.2016, 10:16
JD Manager

@De-M-oN: Extraction is sequentially
Old 01.06.2016, 23:30
CyanSlinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
@CyanSlinky Done.
you can define custom dropdown List entries
1) right click on a collection -> Edit List
2) Enable all variants you want to see in the dropdown. Variant Merging is enabled.
3) Save.

This will be active for new added links
ehh... this isn't at all what i was asking for. i want all variants to be available in the linkgrabber dropdown list but have 480p be the default selected variant. I thought it was always possible to disable the other variants in that list? this collections business is so overly complicated for my purposes.
Old 04.06.2016, 21:25
JD Addict

Default Youtube video variant issue

My Youtube video shows up in linkgrabber but it shows offline. I have to select the same variant again or another one then it shows up fine.

04.06.16 14.02.23 <--> 04.06.16 14.15.46 jdlog://9604925891641/
Old 06.06.2016, 10:23
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanSlinky View Post
ehh... this isn't at all what i was asking for. i want all variants to be available in the linkgrabber dropdown list but have 480p be the default selected variant. I thought it was always possible to disable the other variants in that list? this collections business is so overly complicated for my purposes.

I will not write an extra CyanSlinky-JD-Version, so you will have to work with the powerfull collection feature.
But It's actually pretty simple:
  1. Create a Collection that contains all Videos up to 480p. Select all Videos->Right Click ->add a link collection
    Spoiler:

2. Scroll down to the new collection-> right click ->edit dropdown entries. Choose ALL Videos -> right click ->Enable ->Save
    Spoiler:
  3. Add a video. JD will add the 480p variant, but offer all other variants in the dropdown. This is what you want.
    Spoiler:

Old 06.06.2016, 10:26
JD Manager

Matts67:
What video are you talking about?
Old 07.06.2016, 03:37
CyanSlinky

@coalado i got it to work, thank you so much. I know you're not going to write some specific version just for me, i just had no idea how the collections worked and got kinda frustrated. Anyways thanks again for implementing what i wanted
Old 07.06.2016, 18:24
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by minixbox View Post
It looks like the new plugin is not able to download any vertical videos in full resolution.

Sample link:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The max resolution available is only 810x1440 19.52 MB max file size.

I tried a previous Jdownloader version from March 31 build date and it was able to download at full HD 1080x1920 30.44 MB max file size.
works fine. Max available quality is 1080x1920 (1920p)
Old 07.06.2016, 18:27
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwolf View Post
Hi, I'm having youtube issues as well. I tried ripping a video. I changed the resolution to 480p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4 and downloaded it. After it finished it gave me an error. I noticed it's downloading 2 separate files a dashaudio and dashvideo. I guess it's not merging?

Also if I attempt to just rip audio it shows what I believe are strange file sizes.
3 min 192kbps m4a/aac says it will be 80mb, 128kbps m4a/aac is only 3mb. 64kbps mp3 jumps back up to 10mb.

Thank you

15.05.16 23.25.27 <--> 15.05.16 23.36.17 jdlog://1128725891641/
Filesizes may be strange when you want audio only. For some streams, Jd has to load the video, and demux the audio stream. Downloading the 480p variant worked in my tests
Old 10.06.2016, 05:32
wanttohelp

The bug started for this post about timestamps in video descriptions:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=2149

Was closed

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=2153

But the issue still remains. Will this be resolved? Sorry if I missed something!
Old 10.06.2016, 09:50
JD Manager

wanttohelp:
For me, the Timestamps look like this:

Jump to 0:16 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 0:18 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 03:26 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 0:25 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 02:51 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 0:19 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 03:29 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Jump to 0:19 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 0:35 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 1:00 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 2:45 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Jump to 3:38 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

PLease try again
Old 11.06.2016, 17:53
Mediin

Default How to change format for alle files at once?

Hi,

when i download playlists from youtube but want them in another format, i have to change it for every single file.
How can i change the file format for all files of the same type (video, audio) at once?
Old 12.06.2016, 03:37
English Supporter

Don't think context menu system is designed to mass change.
The best approach would be to predefine how you want them within plugin settings
settings > plugins > youtube
vs changing them all via context menus.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 16.06.2016, 04:53
wanttohelp

If these issues get resolved, JD will save me even more time than it already has!

1. For some videos uploaded in the last few years where the maximum selectable resolution on Youtube is 360p, JD selects a bizarre "best quality" as default. Examples:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Upload date: February 16, 2015
JD incorrectly defaults to "352p 24fps" as "best quality" for this instead of 360 30fps.

Upload date: September 22, 2012
JD incorrectly defaults to "360p 25fps" as "best quality" for this instead of 360 30fps.

Upload date: April 15, 2015
JD correctly defaults to "360p 30fps" as "best quality" and I don't know why this one works but not the other two.

I haven't been able to replicate this on any really old videos but haven't tried much.

2. Timestamps in descriptions appear as "#" if the format is in "Hr:Min:Sec" and not just "Min:Sec". A good example is here:

The first timestamp, 9:42 is accurate in the description file JD produces. However, the rest, 1:22:40, 1:59:01, 3:03:13, and 3:41:17 all appear as "#". I suspect something such as 0:09:42 would also show up as "#".

3. I'm not able to customize the filename for Youtube Descriptions like I can for Video, Audio, Image, and Subtitle files.

4. The following variables do not work in the subtitle filename:
*H
*FPS

Using this naming option for both video name and subtitle filename:

(*H*p *FPS*fps)

Results in this:
Video: (720p 60fps)
Subs.: (p fps)

This is true of all Youtube videos at any framerate.
Old 17.06.2016, 12:55
JD Manager

@wanttohelp: can you please send example links to support@jdownloader.org, they broke due the url removal in our board software
Old 19.06.2016, 05:34
wanttohelp

I've emailed support, thanks! Here are the video ids in the order they were originally listed in the post in case anyone is curious.

mrDK7B58FyE
pVXIfJdeKwM
Ng5yh4rg6Cs
yh9K5tzSoMc

It looks like JD just grabs the highest filesize video regardless of framerate.