JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.01.2021, 07:33
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjikari View Post
I have far less a technical question: is there a way to know what is fixed when the updates come, so we can browse and see if our issues have been fixed?

For example, I'm still having the "only grabs 100 links" issue, and every time I update JD2 I just try and grab more than 100 links to see if it's been fixed yet. Where could I find if that (or any particular) issue has been fixed in an update?
I have the same question, I'm still waiting on the probably related "won't grab more than a few hundred links for YouTube playlists" bug (I know they are aware but there's no public roadmap for this actually quite serious bug). Some issues in the forum seem to be marked as "solved" when there haven't been fixes rolled out, so it would be nice. I understand that it would be more work though and it probably isn't needed, so not a huge deal. Might save the devs and admins from having the reply to a few repeat questions though, I don't know.
Old 09.01.2021, 15:11
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjikari View Post
I have far less a technical question: is there a way to know what is fixed when the updates come, so we can browse and see if our issues have been fixed?
No - we do not have a changelog anymore.
You can only see it based on the forum answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffr View Post
Some issues in the forum seem to be marked as "solved" when there haven't been fixes rolled out, so it would be nice.
That is just wrong.
Short explanation:
JDownloader parses a lot of websites.
Websites can change -> That can stop our plugins from working at any given time which means forum "Solved" tags on old plugin related bugreports may lose their meaning over time

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 10.01.2021, 02:56
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
No - we do not have a changelog anymore.
You can only see it based on the forum answers.
Zero complaints from me, now I know where to look and follow. As always, thank you for your hard work, dedication, and community feedback!!!
Old 11.01.2021, 15:51
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback too

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.01.2021, 19:05
JD Manager

Sorry for long delay :(
Old 13.01.2021, 13:39
Junior Loader

Quote:
Sorry for long delay :(
Is the issue solved now?
Old 13.01.2021, 13:53
JD Manager

@pranjal3029: not yet
Old 14.01.2021, 00:03
Vacuum Cleaner

I'm not complaining, take your time, I am however expressing my surprise that it's been this long due to the severity and reproducibility, especially after one of the devs saying he had hoped to have it done near Christmas. Are there any logs or anything I can provide to help? I'm assuming not since this seems to be a 100 percent reproducible issue, but if there is a way I can help, please let me know. I have significantly changed some of my archival project schedules around because I rely on JD2 so it would be nice to have a very rough ETA so that I could make plans. Thanks!

Another bit of feedback: maybe assign IDs to bugs and at least have a database that you dump those into (no need to add status, although this could be crowdsourced via a voting system with a threshold, users could vote if they think a bug has been fixed and once it passes the threshold, it would be marked as "marked as fixed by community") so that when people ask "is it solved" others will know too, and people can refer to the database for the bug ID. The reason why I think that this isn't an unfair thing to ask for is because it could be mostly automated, basically an admin copy and pasting some text for each new bug.

Last edited by jeffr; 14.01.2021 at 10:46.
Old 14.01.2021, 14:07
Community Manager

Quote:
Another bit of feedback: maybe assign IDs to bugs and at least have a database that you dump those into (no need to add status, although this could be crowdsourced via a voting system with a threshold, users could vote if they think a bug has been fixed and once it passes the threshold, it would be marked as "marked as fixed by community") so that when people ask "is it solved" others will know too, and people can refer to the database for the bug ID. The reason why I think that this isn't an unfair thing to ask for is because it could be mostly automated, basically an admin copy and pasting some text for each new bug.
We do have that and it was linked.
We also told you that we do not need more logs to solve this issue.
Here is the ticket again:

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.01.2021, 15:03
JD Manager

@jeffr: I'm still working on this, I hope to have this working soon
Old 14.01.2021, 20:48
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
We do have that and it was linked.
We also told you that we do not need more logs to solve this issue.
Here is the ticket again:

-psp-
Thank you, I looked for that, I don't know how I missed it, probably embarrassing for me. Maybe I should have read more than 2 or 3 pages back before my first post? I am a bit confused about the logs though, you did NOT tell me that you didn't need logs, because the post that you were responding to was the first time I had asked you if you needed them. How can I already have been told about the logs if I had only ever asked once?

And I will be frank here, it isn't unfair for me to accidentally skip "yt, playlist pagination/nothing found" over, especially since I'm not even having the "max 100" issue (I always get over 100, but usually less than 200) and it's never "nothing found", that's for sure. Personally, I see no evidence that that's the bug I am having, since it doesn't describe the bug I am having (??) For clarification, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be transparent so that you can understand the sources of my confusion. Thank you.

Last edited by jeffr; 14.01.2021 at 20:55.
Old 15.01.2021, 01:53
Community Manager

Quote:
Personally, I see no evidence that that's the bug I am having, since it doesn't describe the bug I am having (??) For clarification, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be transparent so that you can understand the sources of my confusion. Thank you.
Neither did I

This youtube thread is quite popular with a lot of new posts every day so it's easy to miss things.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.01.2021, 06:45
Black Hole

Default Youtube - not grabbing all videos

I know that there is a youtube thread already but that thread is getting kind of big and I didn't want this issue getting lost in the other thread.

I am trying to backup a political channel that I believe is in danger of being purged by the censorship fairies at any moment and JD is only getting 188 of the 213 videos on this channel. I don't know what the issue could be with the other 25 videos because they don't even appear in the list and the log files are too big for me to go through.

this is the channel I am trying to archive

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

14.01.21 20.23.05 <--> 14.01.21 20.34.54 jdlog://8283625302851/
Old 15.01.2021, 12:04
JD Manager

I need a debug Log. Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, now try to add the list again and create new log and post logID here
Maybe the list contains duplicates or it's because of the broken pagination (see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4179 )
Old 15.01.2021, 17:49
Black Hole

Quote:
I need a debug Log......
Is that directed at me because I tried two ways. I tried just copying the url I then selected all videos on the page with the mouse and hit control+c. JD got 213 thumbnails but either way only got 188 videos.
Old 15.01.2021, 18:28
JD Manager

@fuknuckle: please make sure that Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.segmentloadingenabled and Youtube.externmultimediatoolusageenabled are enabled
Worked fine for me. In case it still doesn't work, please provide a debug log like explained
Old 15.01.2021, 23:55
Black Hole

Quote:
ok so I checked those setting and they were enabled. debug logging was already enabled.

when I copied the youtube url, JD only grabbed 88 videos. when I selected all with the mouse and copied, JD still only got 188. I don't know why it works for you but not me.

15.01.21 13.32.34 <--> 15.01.21 13.55.19 jdlog://3014625302851/
Old 17.01.2021, 15:18
Baby Loader

i am still only getting 399 videos from this youtube channel when there is 430 give or take. posted my debug log as well.

17.01.21 21.12.39 <--> 17.01.21 21.16.42 jdlog://6854625302851/

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**17.01.21 21.12.39 <--> 17.01.21 21.16.42 jdlog://6854625302851/
Old 17.01.2021, 23:00
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evox View Post
i am still only getting 399 videos from this youtube channel when there is 430 give or take. posted my debug log as well.

17.01.21 21.12.39 <--> 17.01.21 21.16.42 jdlog://6854625302851/

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
I already got yelled at for offering to provide logs, lol. Edit: you were asked for them, I see... ?? We're having the same issue, so...
Old 18.01.2021, 09:23
Linkgrabbing Monster

intill it fixed thier are way to get the links of all videos in a youtube channel it is a few extra steps whihc is fine the you can ad them all in this software works fine that way

use this brower exstion linkKlipper in google crome go the page then scoll to the button of all the videos one channel then click the green ion of the software in google crome and it extracts all links into a txt file then you can copy them all in j downloader in one shot easy

Last edited by johno4566; 18.01.2021 at 23:49.