JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.05.2009, 23:11
shellster

Default Long Standing bugs that no one has reported?

Note: I am listing several bugs that I have continually noticed, but I have not seen other people post about, and they do not seem to be in the list of current bugs. Almost all of these are hard to deliberately create, and they are not the type of thing that is likely to appear in the log file. If any of these items are being worked on, I would love to know about it. If they aren't and you guys need more information, please let me know, and I will do my best to provide it. Like I said, all of these bugs have been present for multiple versions.

1. Often times, after a download finishes, the icon on the toolbar, will still show the red octagon with the 'X' in the middle. When you add a new item to download, you have to click on this "stop download" button to start a download. This is counter intuitive.

Edit by Jiaz: fixed

2. This is a very strange bug, and I assume it probably has something to do with the megaupload website. I have an premium lifetime account. Occassionally downloads will fail with a strange "Cannot read url" (or something like that, sorry I don't remember the exact wording, I will post it next time I see it) error. If I reset the link it works fine.

3. When you click minimize on jDownloader, when a download is in progress, the program will minimize and then immediate spring back up. You have to hit the minimize button multiples times (up to 5 times sometimes) before jdownloader will actually stay minimized.

4. At one point in the past, jDownloader would give the chunk of files a package name, based on the part of the file name that all the chunks had in common. In the last several versions, this has disappeared. The package is always named 'various' unless you specifically change it. This is particularly painful for those of us that use the subdirectory option.

5. This is more of a request than a bug. I wish that there were an option that would allow you have jDownloader automatically start downloading a package as soon as you add it. At the moment, as far as I know, you have to add the package and then tell it to start downloading, unless a download is already going.

Finally, I want to give a big thank you to all the developers who spend so much time creating this great program. The above items are annoying, and I would love to see fixes, but as a developer myself, I do recognize that you guys devote a lot of free time to working on this project. jDownloader is a truly amazing application as it stands now.

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.05.2009 at 23:18.
Old 10.05.2009, 23:19
JD Manager

all fixes will be included with upcoming version
Old 11.05.2009, 01:29
shellster

Wow, you guys have been busy. I am looking forward to the next release then. Is there an ETA on that?

Also, what about number 3? Is it at least a known issue? I assume it has something to do with the threading that goes on during the download process.

Is there any plans to tackle my request (#5)? Should I submit it more formally as a request?

Thanks for the speedy reply.