JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.02.2011, 04:24
Drew

Default Can't reconnect/Change IP using WBR-3406TX

Hey guys having a hard time with this reconnection, and not sure why since I have read most everything in regards to the basic configuration. There is even a script for my specific router: LevelOneWBR-3406TX.

I have a dynamic IP address, which I can manually log into my router and click disconnect, and it will usually automatically reconnect itself within 10 or 15 seconds and I will have a new IP address. Sometimes it may take longer to pull a new IP, and so I just select reboot router, and it almost always has a new IP address after the reboot. So anyways it’s confirmed I have a dynamic IP.

Yet from JD it fails every time, it has never successfully changed my IP address, and I have tried 30 or more times. I have tried the Record Script Raw enabled and disabled and it always says completed successfully, but if I click on the Change IP, it says it reconnecting then after about 45 to 60 seconds it says it failed.

Things I have noticed that I do not understand.

1. When I click the start recording button, it always takes me first to **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** which is not a router address and always comes up page not found. The localhost is your IP to you PC like 127.0.0.1 why is it using that for my router's interface connection. It should be 192.168.254.254. So I have to type or paste in the correct IP for my router and then login.

2. Not sure if this is an issue, but this router has no Username field, only a field for a password which I enter and then press enter.

3. Looking at my recorded scripts, I don't see where my password is entered, but then I can’t make much sense of the script language anyway.

I have posted the scripts that JD recorded for me with Raw and Standard. Please advise...

BTW I have no AV or Firewall enabled other than the built in NAT within my router.
**Non Raw**

[[[HSRC]]]
[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: %%%routerip%%%
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]

**RAW Selected**

[[[HSRC]]]
[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST raw="true"]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
accept: */*
accept-language: en-us
user-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
accept-encoding: gzip, deflate
connection: Keep-Alive
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST raw="true"]]]
Us
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]
Old 10.02.2011, 15:03
remi

I think you still need to record that script properly. You might have issues with interfering firewall or virus software. Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software.
Old 10.02.2011, 17:48
Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I think you still need to record that script properly. You might have issues with interfering firewall or virus software. Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software.
As I mentioned in my post, I do not have any AV software running nor any firewall software running on my Vista 64 bit machine. There shouldn't be anything blocking it from doing its thing, but if there is how would I know? Is there a log of these reconnection activites that I could possible make use of?
Old 11.02.2011, 12:37
JD English Support (inactive)

Please uninstall all intalled versions of Java and install Java J2SE 32bit JRE 6 update 17 from java.sun.com/products/archive.

If you had AV software installed and uninstalled it, go to the support site for the AV software and search for a Cleanup or Removal tool. Download and run it. See Choosing and Installing Security Software (linked to below).
Old 11.02.2011, 20:06
Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Please uninstall all intalled versions of Java and install Java J2SE 32bit JRE 6 update 17 from java.sun.com/products/archive.

If you had AV software installed and uninstalled it, go to the support site for the AV software and search for a Cleanup or Removal tool. Download and run it. See Choosing and Installing Security Software (linked to below).
Did as you requested and still failing to reconnect.

Here is the script that was recorded this time around if that helps:

**Standard no RAW

[[[HSRC]]]
[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]

**Raw Enabled

[[[HSRC]]]
[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST raw="true"]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
user-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;

MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Tride
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST raw="true"]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
user-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;

MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0;

SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0;

.NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;

.NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
accept-encoding: gzip, deflate
connection: Keep-Alive
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]
Old 11.02.2011, 22:00

Those scripts are just your browser introducing itself. They do not include anything else.

Please make sure you have filled-in the Password and Router-IP fields correctly in the LiveHeader page. Use admin as the username.

The script recorder adds a proxy for IE that records the data going back and forth between IE and the router. That proxy is the what you are seeing as Localhost:8972. That usually means that the Router IP is incorrect.

If the script recorder still does not record anything useful, please start JDownloader using the Posting an Emergency Log procedure and try recording again. The procedure tells you how to attach the data to a message.
Old 12.02.2011, 00:04
Drew

Quote:
Those scripts are just your browser introducing itself. They do not include anything else.

Please make sure you have filled-in the Password and Router-IP fields correctly in the LiveHeader page. Use admin as the username.

The script recorder adds a proxy for IE that records the data going back and forth between IE and the router. That proxy is the what you are seeing as Localhost:8972. That usually means that the Router IP is incorrect.

If the script recorder still does not record anything useful, please start JDownloader using the Posting an Emergency Log procedure and try recording again. The procedure tells you how to attach the data to a message.
Did as requested with regards to the emergency log and here is my results.

The Javalog that was created is empty and the jderr reports: 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Also it did not run/execute jdownloader as I assume it's suppose to. I assume that is related to the 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command'.

Obivously this is related to my Java installation. I was told to download the 32 bit of Java, but I run 64 bit Vista as mentioned earlier, should this be of concern?

Last edited by Drew; 12.02.2011 at 00:09.
Old 12.02.2011, 15:36
remi

I would un-install all your java version(s) and install a clean 32 (not 64) bits version of the JRE. JRE 1.6 updates 17 and 21 are fine. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

If you install java properly the path to its executable should be found automagically by any java command you execute.
Old 16.02.2011, 00:59
Drew

Quote:
I would un-install all your java version(s) and install a clean 32 (not 64) bits version of the JRE. JRE 1.6 updates 17 and 21 are fine. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

If you install java properly the path to its executable should be found automagically by any java command you execute.
Ok I finally got a chance to try this again. I now have JaveSE 6 Upd 21 installed instead of the Upd 17. It did not resolve the unrecongized command but I was able to fix that quickly by editing the system path to include it. For whatever reason it was not appending to it.

I have included the 2 files compressed to a single .rar as requested. Hoping for the best but will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks
Mike

Router: LevelOne WBR-3406TX
Router Gateway: 192.168.254.254
Router Username: Does not list username, only password entry, but have been told to try admin.

Vista 64bit
No AV or FW currently installed.
JaveSE 6 Update 21 32bit
IE 8
Attached Files
File Type: rar JavalogandJDerr.rar (63.1 KB, 420 views)
Old 16.02.2011, 12:04
remi

You installed jD in the "Program Files (x86)" path, which is protected in Vista. I would start moving your jdownloader folder elsewhere, for instance to progs\jdownloader and check whether all protections are removed, also on the sub-folders.

Provide a new log if it still doesn't work, because I want to exclude this potential cause for your problem.
Old 17.02.2011, 03:21
Drew

Quote:
You installed jD in the "Program Files (x86)" path, which is protected in Vista. I would start moving your jdownloader folder elsewhere, for instance to progs\jdownloader and check whether all protections are removed, also on the sub-folders.

Provide a new log if it still doesn't work, because I want to exclude this potential cause for your problem.

I think this was kind of extreme considering this was the default directory chosen by the program. But at any rate I'm desperate at this stage so I uninstalled and put it in a new folder named "JD" in the root of C. I re-ran the java code and selected my router and same thing. Hope you or someone can make sense of the log files.

Thanks again!!

Mike
Old 17.02.2011, 08:52

Please try changing your initial wait time to 15 seconds and your Timeout of new IP to 120 seconds. You can try reducing these if the change fixes your problem.
Old 08.03.2011, 05:43
Drew

Quote:
Please try changing your initial wait time to 15 seconds and your Timeout of new IP to 120 seconds. You can try reducing these if the change fixes your problem.
Sorry late reply...but I still havn't had any luck using JD for reconnecting even with those suggestions. I really don't understand why it's not working. It's like it doesn't even talk to my router at all. It never even disconnects my internet during any test or attempt. I'm still not quite sure what http:\\localhost:8972/ (slashes are reversed b/c links are not allowed) is reffering to when trying to do the 'Create Reconnection Script'. It should be loading my routers web interface, 192.168.254.254, as the instructions say, but it always loads the previous which comes out to a Page Not Found. I'm thinking that has to be at best, part of the issue.

I can log in to my router manually, click disconnect, and within 10 - 20 seconds router has automatically reconnected with a new IP address! Now if I could just get JDownloader to do the same thing, well I wouldn't be here

Last edited by Drew; 08.03.2011 at 05:45.
Old 08.03.2011, 12:43

port 8972 is the local proxy port that JDownloader sets up so that it can capture data moving between your browser and router (for recording).

Try completely disabling your firewall and antivirus while recording your script. They could be rejecting the local proxy request.

If that does not work, try using a different browser.

Using either Windows Firewall or PCTools.com Firewall, I have no problem with this. Some other firewalls (for example, Zone Alarm) probably do not allow the local proxy to be set in the middle of a session (especially with Internet Explorer).
Old 08.03.2011, 22:29
Drew

Quote:
port 8972 is the local proxy port that JDownloader sets up so that it can capture data moving between your browser and router (for recording).

Try completely disabling your firewall and antivirus while recording your script. They could be rejecting the local proxy request.

If that does not work, try using a different browser.

Using either Windows Firewall or PCTools.com Firewall, I have no problem with this. Some other firewalls (for example, Zone Alarm) probably do not allow the local proxy to be set in the middle of a session (especially with Internet Explorer).
thanks, but as I have mentioned before, I don't have any antivirus or firewall running, and still yet this happens. I have tried on other computers in my house with no luck either.

do I need to forward port 8972 in my router maybe, I'm drawing at straws here?
Old 08.03.2011, 22:49
Drew

Well I tried forwarding the port under Virtual servers, and even tried under Special Applications setting triggers and incoming ports, and then even enabled DMZ for laughs. No matter what when I click "Start" to begin the recording phase, my IE browser opens with that local 8972, and page not found. I can't understand why it's not going to my routers interface! I will try FireFox, Chrome or something, but this is just getting crazy.

Just tried Chrome, and pretty much the same thing after clicking 'Start':

The webpage at http:/\localhost:8972/ has resulted in too many redirects.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Last edited by Drew; 08.03.2011 at 22:56.
Old 11.03.2011, 01:40
Drew

Default Not ready to give up!!

So is it my router or all my computers in my house? I have tried all five of my computers, from XP, Vista, Windows 7, tried different browsers from IE8, Chrome, Mozilla. They all fail to change my IP, as they apparently can't even communicate with my router. Yet my router is listed as supported (#590 on the Import Router list). Any attempt to record a script on any computer fails at that hXXp://localhost:8972/ with "page cannot be loaded" in IE and "has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete" in Firefox. Not sure how IMPORTANT the localhost is for the recording, but I can enter my Routers IP address in the URL overwriting the localhost entry and log into my router. From there I enter my password only, since this model does not have a "user field". I click the disconnect button under the login field, and about 15 seconds later it automatically reconnects with a new IP address. The best part is the JD recorder automatically finishes, and reports successfully saved even though I had to manually enter my routers IP in the URL. The problem though with this, is the recorded script is always empty (empty of any user/variable data that would have been changed), I assume b/c it never connects properly at the localhost:8972 for the recorder to record. Of course I have no idea, only working with the limited knowledge I have of this process.

Keep in mind, I have no antivirus s/w, or firewall to contend with on any of these machines, yet I've read and been told that those are the primary road blocks with localhost:8972. So good news, we can count that off as one possibility. What does that leave us with? Is it the router b/c at this point I have no idea, but I'm thinking not, b/c one it's on the list, and two, JD is being blocked before it even contacts the router (that I believe of). I cleared my logs in my router, and tried various ways using JD to re-connect, running record scripts, but no entries are logged for any of JD attempts. Shouldn't they be, if it was successfully communicating with my router?

I hope you guys haven't gave up on me (drbits), I'm determine to get this. I am in the market for a new wireless router, anything recommended, and that is known to work well w/ JD

Update: I ran netstat after running the Recorder, does this help identify a possible issue?

TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4454 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4456 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4458 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4460 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4462 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4464 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4466 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4468 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4470 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4472 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4474 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4476 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4478 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4480 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4482 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4484 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4486 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4488 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4490 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4492 TIME_WAIT
TCP TAYSNOTEBOOK:8972 localhost:4494 TIME_WAIT

Last edited by Drew; 11.03.2011 at 01:45.
Old 11.03.2011, 02:47
Gammie1412

Exclamation With the try to help to solve your problem

Okay, I see that you are confronted with problems which I was been confronted myself.

To do a manual reconnect (with all your steps recorded) is a good idea, at least.

Maybe sometimes even this is not able to create a 'valid' script and the result is
whatever your effort was, it always ends in a failure. Really sorry, and I can share your disappointments, truly.

So why not try another way???

As I experienced same in before I now can give an advice to you to visit some websites which I add here in some attached images, because here on this website it is impossible to copy in the url of websites.

So please watch the attached images in which you will find the url of the special website. Ignore the text but be focused on the told website.

Once you will visit that site, you very quickly will realize, what I talked about.

Download the special program called
curl_router_reconnect.exe
and watch the attached (long!) file of supported modems/routers!

You may be surprised but there is named even a router with almost your type of router.
Look out for an updated router list there!

And try your best to make reconnects real working.
In most cases it is far easier as you probably imagine.
Build up your own reconnect.bat, change the entries if aquired, try all you can do.
You will be successfully at last!!!!

Look now at my attached images and - stay cool - you will get it!!!

1 - manual

2 - link list

3 - image of curl router reconnect exe

6 - image of how to create the path into JDownloader

Kind regards, Gerd
Attached Thumbnails
1_Anleitung.JPG   2_Linkliste.JPG   3_curl_router_reconnect_exe.jpg   6_JDownloader.JPG  
Old 11.03.2011, 03:52
Gammie1412

Default Not to give up but look straight instead

Hello again,

(excuse my possible mistakes in wrong written words, coz I'm a German)

I'm not sure to be able to help you.
What i do see is that you have an own network connected with PC's in your house.

For to get a real result, you at first have to cut off all the attached PC's from your own PC (network).

So then you will have a 'stand alone PC'.
And this is what we want to get.

Do not play around with exotic scripts nor with any exotic scripts or similar.
Focuse onto what you want to get.

You have a alone standing PC now. Fine. You have a router attached and you work with the program JDownloader, right?
I see as a
But your script, whatever it was, is unable to create a reconnect.
So you need to be focused on this.
Unimportant of firewall-rules or therelike. like.
I know that you know to be able to take the right steps for to 'allow' the firewall to allow some special traffic, right?

So clear up your adjustments, shut down all your connections to your own PC so, that only your own PC stands here alone.
Of course you have adjusted your PC with the so called 'Administrator rights' which means a full access in every way!
Fine.

So focuse onto the next part, which is called 'to create reconnects with your attached router'. Right?

So delete all your vainly created files, folders, from which you know they do not work.
Instead of delete those files and folders, you can move them into another folder or harddisk. Move them away so that you will have a clear surface then.
Fine.

At next you need to look for scripts or any assistance which could help you to make your router able to successful reconnects. Right?
Fine.

So go to watch my attached files (screenshots) in my last message.
There you will find the links which are able to help you on.

Follow these steps, make the aquired downloads, save them at the right place, cerate your own script with the given prog called

and do your best for to create the right script.

Then at next step you create the right path in the Jdownloader as I have shown in the image
6_JDownloader.JPG
as shown in my last post / answer.

Simply follow the steps!
You even can be able to 'test' your script by using the program
Curl_test.exe
which you also can find on the told website.
If this 'outside' program is able to reconnect your router, then as a next step your JDownloader is also able to do this.
BUT only if you have filled in the RIGHT PATH and also if you have activated the knob in the upper symbols for automatic reconnects as shown in my image
6_JDownloader.JPG

So look at it, think about it and get it then!!!

Be cool, think about what you have created with links, path and therelike and think about the reason, if you get an error.

The things are lot easier as you probably imagine.

Stay cool, think very 'logical' because your PC does not do in another way.
HE (it) the PC is only able to work IF the right steps of programming are existent!
So think about that!
Tell your PC every used step and write it into your created reconnect.bat including all the necessarily path'.

Your 'genius' of PC will be more than ready then to just follow your very simple programmed lines. And believe me:
HE (the PC) is only a stupid machine which is totally unable to do anything as long as it does not receive the right lines of written orders for to enable (it) to do anything!
You really need try to think logical and simple.
Then you can realize what kind of very simple steps of 'orders' your 'genius' PC is waiting for.
Think about it and think logical!

You will see the problems and you will see how to solve, because your PC is only a stupid machine and you must think for it, instead of it.

Do this and soon you will be successfully.

Watch my attached images inside my last message, count one on one and find the result, the solution.

I prefered to write this 'manual' in some kinds funny, because it IS funny.
And if it is able to make you laugh, then you are on the right way.
Do not feel any desperate but make your PC feel desperate, let it work, because it as a 'working-machine' and therefore you only need to tell your machine how it must follow the rules by very simple step-by-steps.

Have a nice time with your work to 'convince' your PC how it has to work YOUR orders.

Gerd :-)) And keep cool as always
Old 11.03.2011, 04:15
Gammie1412

Smile To give further hints - look at and be cool

Hello again,

(excuse my possible mistakes in wrong written words, coz I'm a German)

I'm not sure to be able to help you.
What i do see is that you have an own network connected with PC's in your house.

For to get a real result, you at first have to cut off all the attached PC's from your own PC (network).

So then you will have a 'stand alone PC'.
And this is what we want to get.

Do not play around with exotic scripts nor with any exotic scripts or similar.
Focuse onto what you want to get.

You have a alone standing PC now. Fine. You have a router attached and you work with the program JDownloader, right?
I see as a condition, that your PC and your JDownloader work properly.
But your script, whatever it was, is unable to create a reconnect.
So you need to be focused on this.
Unimportant of firewall-rules or therelike. like.
I know that you know to be able to take the right steps for to 'allow' the firewall to allow some special traffic, right?

So clear up your adjustments, shut down all your connections to your own PC so, that only your own PC stands here alone.
Of course you have adjusted your PC with the so called 'Administrator rights' which means a full access in every way!
Fine.

So focuse onto the next part, which is called 'to create reconnects with your attached router'. Right?

So delete all your vainly created files, folders, from which you know they do not work.
Instead of deleting those files and folders, you can move them into another folder or harddisk. Move them away so that you will have a clear surface then. And clean also every written line inside your JDownloader, make it just clean.
Fine.

At next you need to look for scripts or any assistance which could help you to make your router able to successful reconnects. Right?
Fine.

So go to watch my attached files (screenshots) in my last message.
There you will find the links which are able to help you on.

Follow these steps, make the required downloads, save them at the right place, create your own script with the given prog called

and do your best for to create the right script.

Then at next step you create the right path in the Jdownloader as I have shown in my last sent post/image
6_JDownloader.JPG

Simply follow the steps!
You even can be able to 'test' your script by using the program
Curl_test.exe
which you also can find on the told website.
If this 'outside' program is able to reconnect your router, then as a next step your JDownloader is also able to do this.
BUT only if you have filled in the RIGHT PATH and also if you have activated the knob in the upper symbols for automatic reconnects as also shown in my image
6_JDownloader.JPG

So look at it, think about it and get it then!!!

Be cool, think about what you have created with links, path and therelike and think about the reason, if you get an error.

The things are lot easier as you probably imagine.

Stay cool, think very 'logical' because your PC does not do in another way.
HE (it) the PC is only able to work IF the right steps of programming are existent!
So think about that!
Tell your PC every used step and write it into your created reconnect.bat including all the necessarily path'.

Your 'genius' of PC will be more than ready to just follow your very simple programmed lines. And believe me:
HE (the PC) is only a stupid machine which is totally unable to do anything as long as it does not receive the right lines of written orders for to enable (it) to do anything!
You really need try to think logical and simple.
Then you can realize what kind of very simple steps of 'orders' your 'genius' PC is waiting for.
Think about it and think logical!

You will see the problems and you will see how to solve, because your PC is only a stupid machine and you must think for it, because your PC is only a stupid electronic machine which is unable to do only one little step without outer assistance; it is even unable to 'think' on its own.
So you even need to 'show' your PC every little line where it is to find (the path).
So do think FOR the machine and create the lines which your 'machine' is able to follow - and soon you will be successfully.

Watch my attached images inside my last message, count one on one and find the result, the solution.

Do not feel any desperate but make your PC feel desperate, let it work, because it as a 'working-machine' and therefore you only need to tell your machine how it must follow the rules by very simple step-by-steps.

Have a nice time with your work in 'convincing' your PC how it has to work YOUR orders.

Old 11.03.2011, 08:22
Drew

Over the the top would be an understatement for your reply(ies), but none there less, I tried curl router since what did I have to lose. The 3406TX was not listed, but it's cousin the 3406TX was. I created a batch reconnect file from it, ran it, and sure enough, didn't work! Tried a few other things, threw in some pauses between disconnect and reconnect, still nothing. Of course by then I'm just moving stuff around that I have no clue about. I Google'd the 3405TX, and the interface is completely different from the 3406TX, so I'm sure that complicates things even more.

Any more ideas suggestions/ideas? How about someone that has a working script, or any reconnection work around for the 3406TX, mind throwing me a bone...:confused:
Old 11.03.2011, 15:48
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
do I need to forward port 8972 in my router maybe, I'm drawing at straws here?
Port forwarding is only needed for remote computers trying to connect to computers on your LAN.

Quote:
Over the the top would be an understatement for your reply(ies), but none there less, I tried curl router since what did I have to lose.
I regret after all Gammie1412's tremendous efforts you weren't able to create a working script.

Did you try the "Curl Router Reconnect" program? ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**)

The redirects could be caused by :-

- a badly configured web server: nothing you can do, except complaining;
- browser junk: Clear all your browser's history, including cache and cookies;
- browser's third party cookie's settings: allow them;
- browser plug-ins/add-ons/extensions : disable them;
- your computer's clock : set it right.

I would suggest to check whether you've the latest firmware for your router and update it if necessary.

Re-install jD in C:\progs\jdownloader or move jD to C:\progs\jdownloader.

Also provide a detailed and complete log of a reconnect recording session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammie1412 View Post
I add here in some attached images, because here on this website it is impossible to copy in the url of websites.
You can provide visible links easily by using the [CODE] tags, surrounding the links with "" or change 'http' to something else.

Quote:
excuse my possible mistakes in wrong written words, coz I'm a German
Your English is good (though 'focuse' should be spelled and pronounced as 'focus'). I enjoyed reading your texts. You're a very funny author and you made my day. Did you ever consider becoming a novel writer?

Quote:

Have a nice time with your work to 'convince' your PC how it has to work YOUR orders.

I nominate you for the award for the funniest poster in the category of "long and winding How To Guides". You beat drbits hands down.
Old 11.03.2011, 21:52
Drew

Quote:
Did you try the "Curl Router Reconnect" program? ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**)
I had seen that, but it seems to be all in German. Do you know where I can find the English equivalent?

Quote:
The redirects could be caused by :-

- a badly configured web server: nothing you can do, except complaining;
- browser junk: Clear all your browser's history, including cache and cookies;
- browser's third party cookie's settings: allow them;
- browser plug-ins/add-ons/extensions : disable them;
- your computer's clock : set it right.
I don't host a webserver
No browser junk here, I used CCleaner often and keep all my systems tidy
Browser's third party cookie's are allowed
Browser plug-ins/add-ons/extensions: don't have many but I have tried IE with no add-ons enabled
Computer clock is correct on all machines

Quote:
I would suggest to check whether you've the latest firmware for your router and update it if necessary.
I am using the latest available for this model and version; R1.97g2-R61 0315

Quote:
Re-install jD in C:\progs\jdownloader or move jD to C:\progs\jdownloader.
drbits had suggested that when he was helping me earlier, which I tried with no success.

Quote:
Also provide a detailed and complete log of a reconnect recording session.
Same as above, I provided drbits with my logs, both my java and JD logs.
I don't think it an issue anymore with my computer since I have tried on 5 totally different PC's, including two which are notebooks.

So any recommendations for a quality wireless router that is known to work well with JD that is 801.11N? I wish someone would report that has a working 3406TX that reconnects properly! At least then I could compare there script with what I have.

Thanks
Old 12.03.2011, 13:25
remi

Cool

Quote:
I had seen that, but it seems to be all in German. Do you know where I can find the English equivalent?
Try a translation tool.

Quote:
I don't host a webserver
What I was referring to was external servers you're connecting to, but it can also be the proxy server that jD sets up to record the reconnect session.

Note that I'm using a browser that includes a small web server as well.

Quote:
drbits had suggested that when he was helping me earlier, which I tried with no success.
Not that I've much hope that it's the cause of your issue, but as far as I can see you moved your jD to the partition's root level. That's not the same and it makes a difference when you're using Vista or W7.

Quote:
Same as above, I provided drbits with my logs, both my java and JD logs.
You should provide new logs if you changed anything to your configuration.

Quote:
So any recommendations for a quality wireless router that is known to work well with JD that is 801.11N?
Just look around on this board for information. This board is not a electronic gear shop. Buy a router, try it and return it if it doesn't do what you want.