JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.11.2016, 23:58
Pronter

Default Download speed column in grabber.

I would like to see a column in grabber with info about download speed rate for server, where the file is located. For example file from Fileshark is listed in grabber, so in that column I could see maximum download speed rate provided via this server. In this case it would be 150 KB/s, I believe. In my opinion it would make everything easier, especially when multiple links are given.
Please, let me know, what you think about this idea.
Old 21.11.2016, 02:40
Black Hole

Most hosters, the speed for free or anonymous users is extremely variable and the "stated' maximum, if it even exists, is often not reached. Some are decent at keeping it stable, but that's the minority. Some have different speeds for your second file of the day (Upstore and Datafile are notorious for this; ~90K for the first, then as low as 15K for the second) and some are completely load-based. So not sure how useful this would be unless you only choose hosts that always deliver on their stated speeds. Plus, many hosts don't publish their anonymous user speeds anyway.
Old 21.11.2016, 04:03
English Supporter

Some advertise x but its a lie.
Some give more speed based on geolocation.
Some are load based, say premium users get more bw
Some providers have happy hours, premium speeds for free users.
(just to name some of the variables)

It's just something I don't think we could provide accurate feedback to end users with. Even if we recorded via our stats module some average speed, it would be polluted by users with slow internet connections, or downloading too much, or using speed limiters (inside jd or outside). Doing it manually would also be prohibitive, due to lack time developers.

Telling everyone that its fast would have serious negative outcomes also, they drop the speeds, or flooding the provider with more users which would reduce free or even premium download speeds. In my opinion it would be better off finding some fast providers for you, and not telling others about it. User the package customiser module and set higher priorities for those faster providers.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]