JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.08.2022, 13:33
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Since end of june some major internal changes and needs more review/testing and then missing time here, other work there, ......but soon
ahhh that explains it! yeah,that was end of June for sure.

I was just used to open Jdownloader and use it multiple times every day, and i got used to seeing Updates not just every day.. but many times multiple times every day lol. as surprising and maybe some say 'annoying' it can be, i always thought to myself that it's awesome the jdownloader team is so dedicated and active. so I was honestly a bit fearful that maybe 'finally' jdownloader updates stopped because i can't update it on windows xp anymore.. lol, phew. glad that wasn't the case will be waiting. and again THANK YOU once more!
Old 18.08.2022, 15:34
Modem User

Default Drosselung bei Downloads von YT?

Moin

ich wollte mir eben einen Stream für später zwecks Archivierung herunter laden und musste mit Erschrecken feststellen, das mein Download irgendwann in den nächsten 10 Stunden + fertig sein soll

gestern ging alles noch schick mit konstangen 12,5 MB/s und aktuell hängt es bei maximal 66,8 KiB/s fest

Ich habe schon mehrfach meine Fritzbox neu gestartet um eine frische IP zu bekommen, den Rechner neu gestartet um auch ganz sicher zu gehen und zum Dank wurde ich weiter runter auf max 44KiB/s gedrosselt.

Speedtest über Ookla ermittelt an meiner 100Mbit Leitung eine Geschwindigkeit für "Download" von 119Mbit (ja das solls auch geben) und für "Upload" von den möglichen 40 Mbit 39,9 Mbit. Also von der Seite des Providers ebenfalls keine Limitierung.

Um bei mir alle weiteren möglichen Fehler auszugrenzen habe ich Jdownloader auf einem zweiten Rechner mit einer mobilen Datenverbindung installiert und hier identische Geschwindigkeiten bei Download jeglicher YT Links. Also es ist nicht nur auf einem Link selber limitiert!

Die Streams von Youtube laufen selbst mit 4K flüssig.
Nur Downloads sind massiv gedrosselt.

Jemand eine Idee was ich da ändern könnte?

Wollte schon die maximalen Verbindungen von 1 auf 20 erhöhnen, kann es auch anklicken nur passiert da nichts weiter und ich bleibe bei 1 Verbindung hängen.

Ach ja "Pause Modus" ist nicht aktiv. Dies habe ich auch schon überprüft. Bei dem Stream ist die höchste Priorität ausgewählt worden aber hat auch keinen Effekt.

Ich hoffe ihr habt da eine Lösung
Vielen lieben Dank und habt noch einen schönen sonnigen Tag.

LG
Old 18.08.2022, 15:35
JD Manager

@AlexelA: siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980
Old 18.08.2022, 15:42
Modem User

ohh sorry!!! Ich hab es nicht gefunden gehabt. Vielen lieben Dank. Dann wollen wir mal hoffen :D
Old 18.08.2022, 16:59
JD Manager

@AlexelA: Alles gut Kein Grund für ein Sorry
Old 18.08.2022, 21:12
JD Alpha

Default JDownloader started to download with very slow speed

Hi,
Today, I´ve noticed that jdownloader has started to download files at very low speed - 70-75 kbps. I haven´t altered anything nor there aren´t any limits applied. I´ve tried to reset jdownloader, but no luck.
What I ´ve done is that I´ve installed old TOR browser version, browsing some pages - duckduckgo, mailservers
Problem isn´t related do my connection etc as I´ve checked that multiple times - downloading via firefox works perfectly - 10 mbps.
Yesterday it worked well. Where´s the issue?

edit: I also observed that when I´ve tried to start multiple files manually (3), overall speed was 250 kbps (varies with number of downloads started), but individual´s speed was still 70-75 kbps (approx.)
Also, greenbar (avg, curr) is all green, so I suppose that it´s the upper limit. But my wireless connection is significantly faster.

Log ID: 18.08.22 19.53.31 <--> 17.08.22 02.41.31 jdlog://5039211370661/

Last edited by heavydownloader; 18.08.2022 at 22:02. Reason: added info
Old 19.08.2022, 08:47
Super Loader

I noticed the same thing but only with YouTube.

Tried to download CentOS ISO and it was full speed, but YT, even via VPN, goes down to 60KB/s
Old 19.08.2022, 11:48
DSL User

greetings to great team of JD

it seems the slow download issue is back. or is it just me?
I updated jd but nothing changed

tried the two videos with several IP addresses. all download around 50kb

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 19.08.2022, 12:55
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahZi View Post

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
He answered it to me and possibly others yesterday... Youtube changed something again and they did work on it and possibly fixed it, but you need to wait for the update. Jdownloader haven't been updated since end of July and you can't 'update it yourself' but you need to wait for the update to come (you maybe updated to the late july update yourself?) and the update haven't arrived yet unfortunately :( I myself am waiting for it. hope the update arrives soon
Old 19.08.2022, 13:14
JD Manager

@MahZi: see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980
Old 19.08.2022, 13:15
JD Manager

@heavydownloader
@msq: see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980
Old 19.08.2022, 15:25
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahZi View Post

Same problem here.
Old 19.08.2022, 15:31
JD Manager

@Bielzgt20: see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980
Old 19.08.2022, 22:03
Modem User

Also noticed the youtube weirdness today. Glad to know you guys are already onto it, thanks for the hard work ��
Old 20.08.2022, 00:25
Giga Loader

Hi All.I just came here to see if others having problems with YT speed and confirm that Youtube download speed is slow to 50 to 65kbps.

Got the latest updates..

I hope its temporary..

I hope all of you including the JD2 Dev team are having a nice safe and healthy season where ever you live ..

Thanks in advance to the JD2 Dev Team looking into it and wait for the update ..

Take care..

Last edited by wppcproductions; 20.08.2022 at 00:30.
Old 20.08.2022, 04:29
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydownloader View Post
Hi,
Today, I´ve noticed that jdownloader has started to download files at very low speed - 70-75 kbps. I haven´t altered anything nor there aren´t any limits applied. I´ve tried to reset jdownloader, but no luck.
What I ´ve done is that I´ve installed old TOR browser version, browsing some pages - duckduckgo, mailservers
Problem isn´t related do my connection etc as I´ve checked that multiple times - downloading via firefox works perfectly - 10 mbps.
Yesterday it worked well. Where´s the issue?

edit: I also observed that when I´ve tried to start multiple files manually (3), overall speed was 250 kbps (varies with number of downloads started), but individual´s speed was still 70-75 kbps (approx.)
Also, greenbar (avg, curr) is all green, so I suppose that it´s the upper limit. But my wireless connection is significantly faster.

Log ID: 18.08.22 19.53.31 <--> 17.08.22 02.41.31 jdlog://5039211370661/

Same here with YOUTUBE videos, only 50-60 kbps download speed.-
Old 20.08.2022, 05:31
DSL Light User

Oh thank GOD, I thought I was the only one with my ISP or something rate limiting me. Thanks you to the above dudes who also mentioned it, any fix?
Old 20.08.2022, 06:43
Giga Loader

Damn, YT picked the worst possible time to change shit under their hood. I currently have 87 GB worth of YT videos queued up, and only getting 55-65 KBps.
Old 20.08.2022, 06:56
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensun87 View Post
Damn, YT picked the worst possible time to change shit under their hood. I currently have 87 GB worth of YT videos queued up, and only getting 55-65 KBps.
Too bad. I was there before myself. Luckily I'm not busy at the moment getting videos.. Approx 25 a day at the moment.I just let 5 download at once and let it chug along all day and they will get done.I always can use the online downloaders if I want it done fast until we get over this issue......Just Google Online Youtube Downloader and they will show up.Make sure its the online downloader and not the shareware app.

Take care.........
Old 20.08.2022, 13:16
Baby Loader

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensun87 View Post
I am 100% NOT recommending this app as good, but i downloaded IDM (Internet Download Manager) again after like a decade and its still working fine. As much as i hate to say it, im actually fully maxing out my 100Mb/s connection because their file split/download seems to work while jdownloader disabled it.

At least until the next update happens to fix this and i can get back to normal, i can at least confirm IDM still works for Youtube.

Last edited by Burntjoint; 20.08.2022 at 13:17. Reason: edit
Old 20.08.2022, 14:44
Modem User

MediaHuman youtube downloader also works with full speed.

But I would prefer to use JDownloader again. I really hope the team gets it fixed soon. Thx for your work...

Last edited by antares11; 20.08.2022 at 16:39.
Old 20.08.2022, 15:50
Wind Gust

Default YouTube Downloads nur noch unter 100kb/s ???

Hallo.
Normalerweise flutschte jeder YT Download seit Jahren immer mit Highspeed.
Seit 2-3 Tagen nur leider gefühlt noch in Zeitlupe mit um die 100kb/s.
Was ist passiert, was kann man machen ?
Old 20.08.2022, 16:48
Baby Loader

Default JDownloader in need of update, Youtube issue

Hello. My JD2 started throttling download speed less than a week ago.

I noticed that it only happens with Youtube, no other video site or file hosting with the same symptom.

Apparently there is nothing wrong with my settings: ISP is OK; limiter button not checked; downloads not paused; no red lines at the traffic corner; etc.

I'm just here to communicate. I STRONGLY BELIEVE that Google/Youtube has made some changes to the services of the video platform, and this is causing the inconvenient download limit.

OBSERVATION: a detail caught my attention, the process of downloading videos on Youtube (which takes place in two parts, first video then audio) is limited in the "video stream" but as soon as it ends and starts the "audio stream" but curiously not limited; more or less like this, while downloading the video is limited to 50kbps, and as soon as it downloads the audio is no limit ~kbps.

When the problem started, my first measure was to do a clean reinstall, but as it didn't solve it, I decided to go to the advanced settings panel. I changed two simple parameters there, searched for 'chunks' and checked the box on the lines 'Youtube: Custon Chunk Value' and another line 'RealDebridCom: Ignore Server Side Chunks Num'. This made a small difference, the limit jumped from 50kbps to 80kbps, always and only for Youtube links. Oh, also mentioning that I left the chunks setting at max, value 20, in general mode.

I will understand that this incopnvenient will be corrected in the next program updates, as I understand that JDownloader works according to the parameters imposed by the video or file service providers. Right? So... this is it. Good job to you. Thanks.

Last edited by Full Ambition; 20.08.2022 at 18:40.
Old 20.08.2022, 18:11
DSL Light User

I'm pretty sure YT made this change because of us, I don't get modern speeds when I download, about 1mb/s but I download all day as well so I'm sure YT saw GB's upon GB's being downloaded weeks on end and swapped the system out lol

I did see the team was aware and working on a fix and for the sake of these YT videos/channels disappearing forever I hope it's soon.
Old 20.08.2022, 19:06
Junior Loader

Default YT Adio only Downloads sehr langsam

Hallo
seit heute stelle ich fest, dass der "nur Audio"-Download aus Youtube, also kein Video, Bild & Text, nur die Audio reine Datei, mit JD2 nur noch extrem langsam geht (~2 Min./5Mb)
Ich benutze keinen Premium, nur die Free Version.
Hatte schon mal einen Thread vor einiger Zeit hier aufgemacht in dem unter anderem auch dieses Problem behoben wurde (https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=90415)

Danke
Thorsten
Old 20.08.2022, 19:19
Baby Loader

I have the same issue for a week now. Haven't changed anything in my settings but YT downloads are hovering around 40-80 kb/s.

Btw: I have not received any updates for almost 2 months. Before that there were several updates every week. Is it me or are updates no longer being delivered?
Old 21.08.2022, 01:09
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagac View Post
Btw: I have not received any updates for almost 2 months. Before that there were several updates every week. Is it me or are updates no longer being delivered?
the website says the latest update was June 26: https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...pdate-behavior
Old 21.08.2022, 02:50
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagac View Post
I have the same issue for a week now. Haven't changed anything in my settings but YT downloads are hovering around 40-80 kb/s.

Please note if the downloads from Youtube are like this on yours? Before, remembering: the process is done in two stages, first 'video' and then 'audio'. As I said, the 'video stream' has a low download rate (40~80 kbps), but in the audio stream the rate shoots up to the maximum allowed on the connection. Did you notice if it's like that on yours? Here in mine it is like this, and I remember well that the normal is precisely the opposite, the download rate of the 'video part' uses all the bandwidth and the 'audio part' is usually lower (it used to be 100 kbps approximately). Definitely, due to the long time without updates on JD, Youtube "walked with the code" while JDownloade was "resting". I believe that a JD update is in order to correct this problem.
Old 21.08.2022, 03:58
Baby Loader

Bei mir seit gestern dasselbe. Schließe mich der Frage an.
Old 21.08.2022, 15:46
JD Beta

The YT slow speed issue only seems to occur with the video variants that use DASH_VIDEO container. I changed it to one that uses MP4 container and I seem to get full speed download.
Hope that helps some of you
Old 21.08.2022, 17:29
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacia View Post
The YT slow speed issue only seems to occur with the video variants that use DASH_VIDEO container. I changed it to one that uses MP4 container and I seem to get full speed download.
Hi perspicacia. I noticed this yesterday but hesitated to report about it here until I get more info in whats going on..

Some download normal and some downloading at 50 to 64k.

So it looks like only a Dash variants issue..

Thanks for your input Hope this info from us will help the Dev team .

Take care..
Old 21.08.2022, 19:21
JD Fan

Same issue here, nothing wrong with my internet, I can download extremely fast normally, but grabbing youtube videos with Jdownloader 2 is getting me 75kib/s ish as of recent.
Old 21.08.2022, 19:42
Modem User

Quote:
How can I change the container? I always download mp4 only (no mkv or webm), but my download speed is 60-70 kbps only.
Old 21.08.2022, 20:44
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirix View Post
Same issue here, nothing wrong with my internet, I can download extremely fast normally, but grabbing youtube videos with Jdownloader 2 is getting me 75kib/s ish as of recent.
Yes, it's more of a condition than a problem. We are limited to waiting for a move from the JD2 program maintainers. I believe they should already be aware of the need for a more focused update to fix this issue with YT. With me it's like this, the 'video stream' downloads extremely slowly while the 'audio stream' uses all the bandwidth. Usually it's the other way around, video uses unlimited bandwidth and audio limits bandwidth. Pointing out: JD has always downloaded files from YT in two steps, a first one for the video stream (fast mode) and the second and last one for the audio stream (limited mode, usually at 100~120 kbps). Let's see what the JD guys are going to do, they're taking too long, omg...
Old 21.08.2022, 22:21
Modem User

Hallo!

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Aufeinmal lassen sich Youtube Video quälend langsam runterladen. Woran liegt das? Vorher immer so ca. 1 - 3 Minuten wenn es ein großes Video war mit 720p und jetzt fast 2 Stunden.
Kann Youtube überhaupt das Speedlimit regeln? Ist doch kein reine Downloadportal so wie ein One Click Hoster oder?
Old 22.08.2022, 02:19
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares11 View Post
How can I change the container? I always download mp4 only (no mkv or webm), but my download speed is 60-70 kbps only.
When your link is in the Linkgrabber right click on the video file then on youtube in the drop down menu and then change video variant in the secondary menu.

You will now have a choice of variants and you will see on the right what each variant uses for as a container - choose one that does not use DASH
Old 22.08.2022, 03:07
JD Fan

Quote:
I've tried that but all *.mp4 variants(480p/720p/1080p) are still only downloading at 50kbps or slower. :(

Guess I'll just have to wait until new updates show up.

Although... something seems weird... if I'm watching a very long YouTube video in 1080p in my browser, I can watch it just fine from beginning to end. But if I try to download it, Jdownloader2 reports that the download time is over 2 hours. (much longer than the video itself)
Old 22.08.2022, 06:57
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRenegadist View Post
I'm sure YT saw GB's upon GB's being downloaded weeks on end and swapped the system out lol
This is reasonably unlikely. There are millions of people streaming YT videos every day. What JD users should be doing, is making sure they do not use settings that would alert any anti-bot detectors. I'm gonna guess the most obvious one would be multiple simultaneous downloads. Personally, I set my JD to download one file at a time, and only make exceptions if certain filehosts throttle the DL speed by default.

Like many times before, YT changed something under the hood, and this has caused JD to bug out. On the surface, all I can see is that certain on-screen buttons are larger and more prominent. Sadly, all we can do is wait for a fix. Or, try an alternate downloader. Although, it is possible that other downloaders may also be affected.
Old 22.08.2022, 11:19
Super Loader

Yes, it doesn't seem to affect all formats.

With yt-dlp (2022.08.19) including phantomjs it works perfectly again.
I think we will get a fix for this problem soon.
Old 22.08.2022, 16:30
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRenegadist View Post
I'm pretty sure YT made this change because of us, I don't get modern speeds when I download, about 1mb/s but I download all day as well so I'm sure YT saw GB's upon GB's being downloaded weeks on end and swapped the system out lol
I don't think it makes any difference in terms of data volume whether you watch a video for x hours or download it in a few minutes.
What would be noticeable, however, would be the data rate for downloads.

Only I think that "clubs" like Youtube has sufficient hardware to intercept such data rates or to serve.

Since Youtube bombards me with advertising and tyrannizes, I download more clips / videos, etc. at Youtube to be spared from this annoying advertising bomb and exactly that was prevented with this data limitation of Yotube side for now. In any case, one tries this...

What makes this YT Downloader under DOS surface different than JD? Since you can still save with max speed his clips.

Not all download tools are affected by the data rate limitation.
These differences would now have to be found out.

Maybe this would also be a possible tip to solve the problem.