Old 13.07.2013, 15:06
JD Manager

There are no bundles in the MAC INstaller
Old 13.07.2013, 19:38
consumerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
There are no bundles in the MAC INstaller
I appreciate the quick reply. It is really a very useful software.
cheers!
Old 11.08.2013, 00:53
madocter

Default Why adware/spyware ?

Your program contain it during installation DJdownloader will install 3ºparty programs with Virus, unless user do not got in the trap:

chrome_logic.exe (not sure)
wajam_download.exe & wajam_validate.exe
DeltaTB.exe

Many free programs can get some proofit not needed damage personal computer of inocent people.

why do not think about friendly options: as donations , some advertise, sompsors etc ?

Some VT reports

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Regards
Old 15.08.2013, 10:42
jdownsucksnow

I registered just to say how disappointed I am with Jdownloader, which used to be such a great piece of software for downloading files. But now that malware is directly loaded into the installer, I will no longer by using Jdown.

It installed VisualBee and 2 other malwares onto my PC. From my knowledge of the affiliate networking business, this pays Jdownloader about $1.80 if they directly went to the ad networks but since this is malware they are getting about a $1.20 cut of it.

This is an incredibly shady way to raise revenue and soon Jdown will be dead and no one will use it.
Old 25.08.2013, 13:45
tonyfromwigan

Default Very annoyed

FFS - latest version of JDownloader has my anti-virus and firewall going bonkers - that's after DESELECTING the additional toolbar crap.
BusyBee - WTF!

A quick google search on the troubles brought me here and I bothered to register to tell you how annoyed I am.

I'm now going to have to spend some time ensuring my Pc has not been compromised - Add/Remove programs shows me that only JDownloader has been installed now (after uninstalling 2 other "freebies"), but can I trust that the installer hasn't surreptitiously added something else behind the scenes?
In short your software has suddenly become a pariah.

You want money? Fine - I can understand that advertisements in the program may not be enough to cover dev costs - so charge people a small annual fee to use it.... I'd happily pay £10/year.
Of course, the horse may now have bolted - quite how many users you are likely to lose over this installer debacle is unknown.
Old 25.08.2013, 23:26
paso

Angry Ad Ware JDownloader 2

Ich kann verstehen, dass sich JDownloader über Werbung finanzieren muss.

Aber müssen es unbedingt Unmengen an AD Ware sein, auf russisch, wo man nicht einmal wählen kann, ob man sie installieren will?

Während der normalen Installation auf englisch kam auf einmal ein Fenster komplett auf russisch.
Man konnte erahnen, dass es sich um eine mail.ru Toolbar handelt, konnte aber den Text auf russisch nicht lesen.
Daher alle Haken entfernt, da man so den ABG zur Installation der Toolbar in der Regel nicht zustimmt.

Jetzt habe ich mail.ru als Startseite, Toolbar, angepinnter Tab, Standardsuchmaschine, "neuer Tab" Seite, Internet Explorer als Standard Browser, 4 verschiedene Programme von Mail.ru und es öffnen sich alle 10 Sekunden ingendwelche Fenster auf Russisch.

Unauffällige Werbung, wie Ref Links gerne, aber bitte keine Ad Ware und schon gar keine, die sich trotz entfernen der Haken installiert!

Last edited by paso; 26.08.2013 at 00:00.
Old 25.08.2013, 23:28
paso

Deinstallieren kann ich die Programme über die Systemsteuerung auch nicht, da selbst die Deinstallationsmenüs auf russisch sind.

Allein bei Firefox sind 65 Einträge in about:config mit Inhalten von mail.ru ersetzt worden.

Die werde ich vermutlich nicht wieder alle so einstellen können wie vorher, außer mit komplett Reset bei Firefox.

Ich will nicht wissen, was die sonst noch alles an meinem System geändert haben.

Windows Defender hat eure Installationsdatei nicht ohne Grund als potentiell gefährlich eingestuft.

Bitte nehmt diese Toolbar aus der Installation raus oder macht die Installation wenigstens auf deutsch, sodass nur DAUs sie installieren.

Kann mir einer übersetzen, ob ich bei der Deinstallation den Haker hier aktivieren soll?

Last edited by paso; 26.08.2013 at 00:03.
Old 26.08.2013, 11:32
JD Manager

Sorry. Das sollte nun echt nicht sein. kann es sein dass du einen rusischen Proxy nutzt, oder VPN, oder TOR oder so? In so einem Fall würde dich der Setup eben als Russe oder so einstufen.

Ich schau dass ich Infos zu dieser mail.ru Toolbar kriege. Das ist doppelt blöd. Wir kriegen ja auch für eine Russische Toolbar auf einem Deutschen Rechner keinen cent...

Paso nimm einfach diesen Installer: http://installer.jdownloader.org/ic/...tSetup_x86.exe

Der hat gar keine Adware.
Old 28.08.2013, 22:36
Epitaph

Exclamation Problematic installation

Hi... I was using the JD2 on my old laptop without any problems (couldn't use JD1 because it would stop working as soon as I rebooted). I just got a new netbook, installed JD2 on it, and not only did the antivirus find a trojan once it started to install, but it filled my browser with adware all over the place!! I am right at this second reinstalling Windows on it as it's so much easier right now to start afresh than it is to install crap to counteract crap!!

I tried out downloading the installer again on my old laptop (with a busted graphics card now, hence the netbook) and the same thing, trojan and adware!! Now, I don't know if this is a new "added feature" or what, but definately not at all fun!!
Old 28.08.2013, 22:42
Epitaph

Just to add a little more information, the installer was downloaded from the FAQ link, which ultimately redirects yo to this final link "http://installer.jdownloader.org/WebInstallerJD2.exe".

Now... also... the installer itself you download isn't what's infected. If you execute it, you get the trojan alert when the blue screen with the robot first appears when it's starting the download, and you also get an error message.

If you are just updating an installation that you already had from before, there is no adware or anything. It just seems to be with the web installer

This is a screenshot of when it comes up, and the details on the trojan horse.

Last edited by Epitaph; 28.08.2013 at 22:51.
Old 29.08.2013, 11:30
JD Manager

wtf! May I recommend a good screenshot tool:

http://goo.gl/wSLAQ

I can see wjam_validate.exe - that's an adware bundle. IF your scanner would not have removed the file, you would probably see a Screen during installation.
Old 29.08.2013, 12:15
rrogntudjû
Message deleted by pspzockerscene. Reason: Offtopic, not funny
Old 31.08.2013, 10:05
ipodrx

This seems to only be affecting the Windows installer. Tons of adware/virus get installed when I tested within a VM.

I would recommend using the "Other" option on the download page and then extracting the folder and running the application inside in the mean time.
Old 03.09.2013, 02:36
Raidr

Hello,

today i completly reinstalled Windows and downloaded the Webinstaller from the Jdownloader website. After i started the installer kasperksy found adware and blocked it, i declined the installation of lyrix (or something like that) and the bar. after installation was done i couldnt find jdownloader anywhere, so i installed it another 2 times (even with antivirus disabled) but still no trace of it.
do i have to assume that the installer installed nothing but adware even i declined it, because i cant find jdownloader anywhere on my pc.
installing jdownloader 2 beta is also not possible because windows defender!!! blocks the adware that the installer contains.
is there another way to install jdownloader (without installing adware and trojans) or do i have to pass on my beloved jdownloader and use an alternative?

The adware was: win32.lyckriks (jd1) and win32/dealply (jd2beta)

regards

raidr

Last edited by Raidr; 03.09.2013 at 02:46.
Old 03.09.2013, 02:50
Spanish Supporter

Hi,

Please read this post: http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...96&postcount=2

Greetings,

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 03.09.2013, 10:27
JD Manager

We know about the problem and are working on.
Please use these installers until we fixed the problem:

https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.05.2020 at 16:24.
Old 03.09.2013, 13:01
Raidr

thanks for the fast help. gonna use these installers then, cause the .jar file wont work, always gives me an error

these findings i posted, can u tell me if these are only ads or something worse or should i go to a special forum for that?

thanks for the help
Old 03.09.2013, 13:09
JD Manager

This is just adware. If you installed it by mistake, you can easily uninstall it in the windows software panel and/or your browsers extensionpanel.
Old 03.09.2013, 14:54
Raidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
This is just adware. If you installed it by mistake, you can easily uninstall it in the windows software panel and/or your browsers extensionpanel.
okay then. thanks for the fast help.
Old 05.09.2013, 08:50
nopomo

Just registered to say I am extremely disappointed and very pissed off about the status of JDownloader.

I will be reformatting my PC after this because I refuse to use an infected system. This is extremely frustrating and unexpected from a program that used to be trustworthy.

I don't care if the new installer is clean, I won't try it, and I won't use JDownloader again unless it becomes open source and proven to be free of shit adware.

I am also very shocked at how the devs and admins have been dealing with this. Telling people who had their systems compromised by your shit installer it was their fault for accepting the adware, like off.
Old 15.09.2013, 19:55
notnow

Coomon man, easier, take it easy, nobodoy told you that you have to use JD1 or JD2, it's open source, and faraway the best downloader in the world, cause groupe of great developers is behind this project, i used another downloader like IDM, etc. , but no one was good like JD! Every app has problems, open source or commercial, it's part of development process, JD2 is still in beta stage, and it's normal that these things happen, specially if this is open source and these people work on this project without some big profit, so respect their work and be grateful when somebody offer you something for free, specially excellent app like JD!

It seems people will always respect more something, if have to pay for it! And to make all people satisfied is mission impossibble!

Just to say thanks to JD developers and give support on this way, please don't take serious people like this one above, they don't deserve your attention! They think are the smartest people in the world if come here and post words like these, and don't understand what means app development and the most complicated thing they did at their PC is downloading pirated music, video and apps.

Really can't believe what people can see on this place called internet, and who all use internet, unfortunately...
Old 15.09.2013, 20:18
Community Manager

@notnow
Thanks for the nice feedback and of course also thanks for the critics above.
Well if we wanted money for JD, people would crack it, right?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.09.2013, 10:12
rrogntudjû
Message deleted by raztoki. Reason: cursing not permitted.
Old 17.09.2013, 14:55
Amour

Recently, pspzockerscene told me "probably we'll also have some work for you tomorrow because you can help us". So I started installing Eclipse and downloading the stuff from svn a few minutes ago. But while doing so, I got a security alert regarding OpenCandy in sourcecode:

ps: the ¥ in the paths is because I use a Japanese Windows.

Last edited by Amour; 17.09.2013 at 14:59.
Old 17.09.2013, 15:27
English Supporter

@Amour

Hi, SVN contains some of JDownloader early Adware components which was bundled within installer. It's benign component, nothing to be overly concerned by. It might pay to add a ignore to the workspace directory as it will be pulled up, and I've had issues in the past were the removal of said objects would end up preventing subclipse been able to update JDownloader project.

raztoki
JDownloader Development Team

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 05.10.2013, 14:44
debrox

Default system infected with SEARCHGOL.com afther installing jdownloader !! thank you !

Afther installing jdowloader ( link in your download page ) i've found this likeing searchengine in my chrome browser and i cant remove it anymore .

everytime i start chrome the searchgol page appear!!!

i've removed the program and also removed and reinstalled my chrome browser but i still cant resolve and remove this likeing searchgol !!!

thanks you so much !!
Old 05.10.2013, 21:06
krateir

they are aware their installers have trojans, spyware, adware, and malware attached to them. this is how they make money, they are paid to put these in with their installer

no they wont address it
no they wont fix it

its illegal and they will get fined for it eventually
Old 05.10.2013, 23:12
Community Manager

@krateir
You hopefully know that you shouldn't just state "facts" if it's just your opinion.
If you do this with big companies, they will sue you

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 16.10.2013, 19:46
acme

Hello,

I don't know if you had already this kind of report, but CCleaner detect that some file of JDownloader are PUPSC.

I left this screen of CCleaner report, and hope it will help you to fixe this problem.

EDIT by psp. I couldn't see the image so here is the plain url:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/zc6d.png/

Best regards.
ACME

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 16.10.2013 at 19:52.
Old 16.10.2013, 19:51
Community Manager

PUPSC = ??

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.10.2013, 02:17
acme

Quote:
PUPS means Potentially Unwanted ProgramS. That's a very general class of software that doesn't quite pass muster as spyware or malware but has some limited spyware-like behavior or may be something that some people don't want on their computer while others do. PUPSC is just a sub-category of the same type of software or programs.
Hope this will answer your question.

Best regards.
ACME
Old 17.10.2013, 03:39
Community Manager

Yes, thanks.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.10.2013, 06:10
rrogntudjû

Potentially Unwanted PostS Censored

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 17.10.2013 at 06:18.
Old 19.10.2013, 17:22
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
Da musst du dich an die richtige Stelle wenden.
Offenbar ist die heilige Kuh (Geld) immer noch wichtiger, als der noch gute Ruf der Software.
Es ist Schade das man da noch keinen Mittelweg gefunden hat.
Der Krabbe wurde nicht zufällig gewählt.
Old 19.10.2013, 18:00
Community Manager

@rrogntudjû
Please don't post after using Google translate...it's horrible

@AngryUser
Danke für das ausführliche Feedback!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 19.10.2013, 19:44
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@rrogntudjû
Please don't post after using Google translate...it's horrible
Horrible i agree but not for this reason
Old 19.10.2013, 20:23
Ehrenmitglied

Moved to the English section.
here is the right place for your Discusion.
Old 20.10.2013, 04:13
JackBlack

Here is my feedback and experience thus far. Upon installing it I got a nice warning from Microsoft Security Essentials warning me of the package installer contained within. I know what those are so I continued regardless (but many people at this point might simply not bother and move on.

Next I get the installer screen wanting to HiJack my Homepage,Default Search engine and put pos toolbar on my browser, No problem I just unchecked them but it is very disappointing to see the jdownloader team headed down the MALWARE path. I guess money is tight and I don't know what you were offered to bundle that with your great app but you should be aware of the only 3 possible outcomes doing so.

1. A experienced user will see this and uncheck it anyway so whats the point and you will loose a lot of trust and good will in doing so. If you are trying to sell premium features this is a terrible mistake. (this is about the best outcome you can hope for actually)

2. A less experienced person or somebody who mistakenly installs it will become irate at the malware your software just installed on their system. Even worse if its the type that is difficult to remove as many of those search and homepage hijackers are. Once they get it cleaned up you can be damn sure they will never install your software again and never recommend it to anyone and warn people to stay away.

3. A user with absolutely no experience has no idea what they are doing or what is good for them will install your software and live with a hampered access to the internet with a awful search engine until someday a more experienced friend will show them the error of their ways and again your software will get uninstalled and never see the light of day on their pc again.

I have seen many software devs try this sometimes out of desperation sometimes because they didn't know any better. Some got sucked into contracts where they had to bundle the malware for a whole year and it was the death nale for most of them. And lets be honest here, Homepage,Search engine hijackers are the oldest and lowest forms of malware. Call it pups or whatever you want but it does nobody any good especially the software maker who makes the decision of bundling it with their product.

I hope your contract with whoever payed you to do that is not set in stone and maybe you should rethink what you are doing.

I get that you are trying to monetize but there are better ways then resorting to this. Run ads during the install (many games do this now and its not a problem),bundle your software with trial versions of other software and so on. At least if someone installs a unwanted trial software its not going to do any harm or piss them off.

One last thing the default path, "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\JDownloader v2.0\JDownloader2.exe"

Why would you set that as your default and not the program files directory where apps are suppose to go. Again this seems very sketchy.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Last edited by JackBlack; 20.10.2013 at 05:13.
Old 20.10.2013, 05:07
rrogntudjû

Default Es ist Schade (horrible)

Quote:
Moved to the English section.
here is the right place for your Discusion.
Yes thanks. To make sense or for a better understanding as you prefer i add from here:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=49080

PS. About your discussion:
Quote:
Da musst du dich an die richtige Stelle wenden.
Offenbar ist die heilige Kuh (Geld) immer noch wichtiger, als der noch gute Ruf der Software.
Es ist Schade das man da noch keinen Mittelweg gefunden hat.
Do not have much hope about that cause on Wikipedia (en) they have just removed all links (included this thread) added to warn people about malware and malicious installations (just after raztoki has removed my post talking about that...) this shows their intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krateir View Post
they are aware their installers have trojans, spyware, adware, and malware attached to them. this is how they make money, they are paid to put these in with their installer

no they wont address it
no they wont fix it

its illegal and they will get fined for it eventually
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@krateir
You hopefully know that you shouldn't just state "facts" if it's just your opinion.
If you do this with big companies, they will sue you

GreeZ psp
This fact on Wikipedia (and many others...) proves krateir is right, no need to threaten him in a disguised way.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 20.10.2013 at 07:10. Reason: Google Translate
Old 20.10.2013, 07:34
English Supporter

@JackBlack

I've moved your post to a more relevant thread.

Location of installation of JD2 now defaults to user/appdata/local/jdownloader2/ because program files directories have become more protected in newer windows operating systems. As we store all information to one directory we have had numerous troubles with 'configs|updates|logs|lock files' when installing to the traditional program files directory. Plus installing to users path gives added protection to data from other system users (assuming they do not have admin rights). Quite sure this has been covered on the forum before.

I'll leave the adware questions to Appwork staff to respond.

raztoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogntudjû View Post
Do not have much hope about that cause on Wikipedia (en) they have just removed all links (included this thread) added to warn people about malware and malicious installations
(cur | prev) 10:21, 10 September 2013‎ Pictureuploader (talk | contribs)‎ . . (6,821 bytes) (-638)‎ . . (remove dead links (which were actually board discussions, and therefore not a source)) (undo)

(cur | prev) 18:02, 10 September 2013‎ AnomieBOT (talk | contribs)‎ m . . (6,841 bytes) (+20)‎ . . (Dating maintenance tags: {{Fact}}) (undo)

It seem wikipedia.org, has policy to not use forum discussions as 'factual' reference sources.

Our forum policy is to merged posts/threads as previously discussed. Your posts have only ever been removed due to abuse of our rules.

for example moving/merging posts/threads
JackBlack post for instance was originally posted in 'my JDownloader' support thread (JD2 API/WEBUI). I moved it to a more relevant thread (this), than removing post for been off topic to the parent.

end of.

Old 20.10.2013, 09:33
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@JackBlack

(cur | prev) 10:21, 10 September 2013‎ Pictureuploader (talk | contribs)‎ . . (6,821 bytes) (-638)‎ . . (remove dead links (which were actually board discussions, and therefore not a source)) (undo)

(cur | prev) 18:02, 10 September 2013‎ AnomieBOT (talk | contribs)‎ m . . (6,841 bytes) (+20)‎ . . (Dating maintenance tags: {{Fact}}) (undo)

It seem wikipedia.org, has policy to not use forum discussions as 'factual' reference sources.

Our forum policy is to merged posts/threads as previously discussed. Your posts have only ever been removed due to abuse of our rules.

for example moving/merging posts/threads
JackBlack post for instance was originally posted in 'my JDownloader' support thread (JD2 API/WEBUI). I moved it to a more relevant thread (this), than removing post for been off topic to the parent.

end of.
"It seem" your rules are just lie and hypocrisy.
Old 20.10.2013, 12:54
English Supporter

Not hypocrisy or lying. Surely his post was a mistake, and taken into account. Multitude of off topic posts isn't!, which you abuse regularly.