JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.09.2019, 01:59
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default why my packagizer rules all gone

Upon starting up jdownloader today
I noticed all my custom packagizer rules are gone again

how to get them back?
is there any auto backups of the rules made that I can restore from?

Also why was the rules wiped out?

Last edited by madmax2; 11.09.2019 at 02:16.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10.09.2019, 13:58
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 64,732
Default

JDownloader doesn't touch any settings on updates so I can't tell you why this has happened.
No, there are no auto backups of those settings, sorry :( You might wanna try undelete tools because JDownloader uses copy on write and always saves to new files and then deletes old one. so maybe you can restore the deleted files
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10.09.2019, 16:56
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
JDownloader doesn't touch any settings on updates so I can't tell you why this has happened.
No, there are no auto backups of those settings, sorry :( You might wanna try undelete tools because JDownloader uses copy on write and always saves to new files and then deletes old one. so maybe you can restore the deleted files
whatever the cause for the wipe (could be a bug with jd that is unknown yet)
based on some factor that trigger the wipe..

it would make sense to have an autobackup feature of the settings especially the packagizer rules (since this takes the longest to setup) whenever jd starts up or upon exit..

this should be added as a feature..

BTW this has happen before to me as well for some unknown reason which is still not known the cause of the wipe of all the rules..

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=80510

There is just the default rules remaining when I check the packagizer
so there is some unknown bug that has caused this that is still not fixed..

since we don't know what is the bug that cause
I think you should add the autobackup of the settings on startup or exit
or unexpected power off etc..

is it possible to implement this autobackup feature or not?

Last edited by madmax2; 10.09.2019 at 23:43.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.09.2019, 19:33
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 64,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
There is just the default rules remaining when I check the packagizer
so there is some unknown bug that has caused this that is still not fixed..
JDownloader always restores those default rules in case they are not there

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
is it possible to implement this autobackup feature or not?
You can already create backups manually or automatically via Eventscripter (see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525 and ask Mgpai for help)
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.09.2019, 19:41
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 64,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
whatever the cause for the wipe (could be a bug with jd that is known yet)
Sure, of course it can be a bug that isn't known yet. I don't insistence this not being a bug!
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.09.2019, 23:48
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Sure, of course it can be a bug that isn't known yet. I don't insistence this not being a bug!
to understand this problem more..

what file contains the custom packagizer rules that jd loads from?
does jd keep that file open while jd is running?

and what happens if there is a force shutdown, unexpected power failure
or whatever reason..that can corrupt that file
then jd will create a new file with the default packagizer rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
JDownloader always restores those default rules in case they are not there


You can already create backups manually or automatically via Eventscripter (see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... and ask Mgpai for help)
Eventscripter is an extra program that needs to be installed and run everytime I start my pc?
so that would be another app that using extra pc resources?

if the autobackup of the settings was built in, we would not need to know the script or run extra program..

Can't you make it so that when jd starts up or running, it automatically makes a backup of the file that contains our packagizer or rule,
then we can choose restore/import from autobackup if something like this bug occurs.

is that possible to implement as a new feature?

========

BTW why are you marking this as solved?
this bug has not been solved as seen from my previous post that it has occurred again.

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=80510

this should be marked as a bug and kept opened/unsolved
until the bug that is wiping the custom rules is found and solved

Last edited by madmax2; 11.09.2019 at 00:03.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.09.2019, 00:34
raztoki's Avatar
raztoki raztoki is offline
English Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,157
Default

event scripter is not another program, just extension module within JDownloader. when enabled it will run scripts (javascript) based on trigger event. Yes it will use more memory though not significant compared to a standalone program.

I've personally never had the rules clear or any other configs in JD2 though many do. I force stop (eclipse) all the time also. Not a proper program shutdown.

raztoki
__________________
raztoki @ jDownloader reporter/developer
http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/170

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11.09.2019, 02:16
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
event scripter is not another program, just extension module within JDownloader. when enabled it will run scripts (javascript) based on trigger event. Yes it will use more memory though not significant compared to a standalone program.

I've personally never had the rules clear or any other configs in JD2 though many do. I force stop (eclipse) all the time also. Not a proper program shutdown.

raztoki
what about my other suggestion of jd just automatically making a backup of the file that contains the custom rules whenever jd is running.

this would mean we would not need to run the extra extension event scripter and know the correct script etc. and also would not require an another extension to be run permanently (which increases the memory footprint of jd) when all the backup needs to do is run once when the program starts etc..
and it would be implemented for all users not just people that run the event scripter..

also this problem should not be marked solved..
since it has occurred twice already for me
and the bug is still not known why or has been solved

it should be marked as a bug and kept open/unsolved until it actually gets solved
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11.09.2019, 16:16
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 64,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
to understand this problem more..
what file contains the custom packagizer rules that jd loads from?
cfg/org.jdownloader.controlling.packagizer.PackagizerSettings.rulelist.json, JSON



Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
does jd keep that file open while jd is running?
No, the file is read/parsed from disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
and what happens if there is a force shutdown, unexpected power failure
or whatever reason..that can corrupt that file
JDownloader uses Copy-On-Write mechanism. Write to new temp file, then
replace existing with new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
then jd will create a new file with the default packagizer rules?
JDownloader only has default packagizer rules if it cannot read/parse file from disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
this should be marked as a bug and kept opened/unsolved
until the bug that is wiping the custom rules is found and solved
I'm sorry but I don't agree. There is no evidence that this has been caused by the update.
I'm not saying that this is NOT caused by a bug. I'm saying that there is
a.) no evidence, not reproducible
b.) number of reports doesn't give any evidence
that justify marking this as a bug. If you feel better I can leave this open but
then that's it.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.09.2019 at 16:24.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11.09.2019, 16:17
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 64,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
also this problem should not be marked solved..
since it has occurred twice already for me
and the bug is still not known why or has been solved
I just found a possible bug that could lead to this, wait for next core update and check if you can still reproduce the issue.
The issue is NOT connected to updates but to a race condition
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.09.2019 at 16:25.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:36.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.