JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.05.2011, 11:26
remi

@Muskar

For captcha audio alerts there are several solutions :-

- "Captcha Sound Alert for JDownloader" : It contains several solutions for different platforms.

- For Windoze the easiest solution is "Captcha Alert : a simple tool solution.".
Old 10.06.2011, 01:22
goodgirl

Default beep/play sound if capatcha-window pops up

hello developer,

for practical reasons i would like jdownloader to beep the pc-internal speaker (or if that's not possible play a sound) if a capatche-window pops up. Is it possible do build this (configurable) into jdownloader?

TIA gg

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.06.2011 at 10:53.
Old 10.06.2011, 04:46
voodoobs

i had just joined up to request this exact same thing.

i would like to second this request,
although i would prefer a configurable sound option because my computer no longer has
a pc speaker (unless i plug it back in).
Old 10.06.2011, 09:39
goodgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoobs View Post
although i would prefer a configurable sound option because my computer no longer has
a pc speaker (unless i plug it back in).
Well, my computer has no external speaker (only headphones) and i think there more people with either your or my problem. So so i think a switch 'off/beep/play sound' would be the best option.

gg
Old 10.06.2011, 10:53
JD Manager

this will be possible once

is done
Old 10.06.2011, 11:00
remi

@goodgirl & voodoobs

- "Captcha Sound Alert for JDownloader" : It contains several solutions for different platforms.

- For Windoze the easiest solution is "Captcha Alert : a simple tool solution.".
Old 17.06.2011, 00:32
zombie7

Default System beep when captcha window pops up

I know audio notification is difficult to implement with playing sounds across the various supported systems, but I was wondering if this is a reasonable request due to how much more simple it would be since you don't have to deal with issues relating to audio output. I mean, every OS has a simple way to get it to beep, right?
Old 17.06.2011, 11:37
remi

Please, read "Captcha Sound Alert for JDownloader". It contains several solutions for different platforms.

For Windoze the easiest solution is "Captcha Alert : a simple tool solution.".
Old 17.06.2011, 17:47
lovelove

the "easiest solution" for Windows is a resource hog:
Quote:
scans every seconds the desktop

Last edited by lovelove; 17.06.2011 at 22:49.
Old 18.06.2011, 02:57
zombie7

Oh, I already found an easy solution for my Kubuntu Linux system (System Settings > Application and System Notifications > kwin window manager, go to new dialog and check box for Play a sound).

So I'm not really looking for help, just encouraging what I think would be a cool feature.
Old 18.06.2011, 11:12
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelove View Post
the "easiest solution" for Windows is a resource hog:
Do you mean Captcha Alert consumes too much CPU cycles? Here its CPU consumption level is constantly at 0 %.

CA does not scan your desktop. It just periodically checks whether there is a window with a particular title.
Old 18.06.2011, 11:39
Peta Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
You do not have to be present for all of the Captchas, you can just check periodically -- No need for the anxiety that some people people feel.
One already has to... for a lot of hosters. Missing several captchas will delay the download considerably.

Quote:
To get you started, you would change the JAC to make an asynchronous function call whenever it displays a window. The function can use ACM library code (or use more up to date code from any open source Java program) to play the file. In the simplest version, it would always play captcha.wav in the JDownloader directory, so there would not be a need for UI changes.
Since you already figured out a viable approach, how much time do you think it would take a skilled coder to implement it in this simple form? Unfortunately I'm completely illiterate when it comes to coding but surely some JD team member should be able to whip up a three-liner that does not interfere with the current code (changes)?

Quote:
You could also use a macro program that performs a task whenever a window opens with the proper title.
Which is a resource hog as has been already mentioned. I'm currently using Chronomaster's AutoIt script and a 10 second intervall as a workaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Do you mean Captcha Alert consumes too much CPU cycles?
No, having a script in the background that checks every 250 ms or so if a window is present consumes CPU cycles better spent for other purposes.
Old 18.06.2011, 12:21
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus View Post
No, having a script in the background that checks every 250 ms or so if a window is present consumes CPU cycles better spent for other purposes.
I admire your sense of efficiency. If all people would reason like you there wouldn't be resource scarcities on this planet.

Last year's processors (let's take the AMD Phenom II X6 1100T) execute 78,440 million instructions per second. Today's processors doubled that speed.

Let's assume that every check uses 100 processor instructions then the CA tool will consume 4 / 784 million instructions, i.e., 5.102e-9 % = 0.000000005 % of your processor time.

In 78,440 million / 400 seconds = 196100000 seconds = 2270 days = 6 years and 2 months CA will have consumed 1 second of your processor's time.

Correct me if I made a mistake in my calculations or assumptions.
Old 19.06.2011, 07:43
Peta Loader

Given the fact Im running Windows software I say you could add quite some overhead to this. Granted, I'm a little annoyed that the simple implementation mentioned by drbits is shoved back the development queue despite that many requests here in the forum. Having an external tool do the job is just a hassle.
Old 24.06.2011, 19:43
Emanuele90

Cool How about a ring?

Hi guys I was wandering if it would be possible to add a ring or any kind of sound when captcha's dialouge box appears . I mean it would be easier. If I'm in another room and i hear the ringing bells i know it's time to captchas. I think it'd be a good idea what you think?
Or maybe in a future we may choose what sound we want to hear like let's imagine Pink Floyd's <<Time to gooo... time to goo...money!!!>>

Ema
Old 25.06.2011, 10:26
remi

Cool

You can replace the sound file by any other file, including rings tones and songs like "We are the champions" or "Devil save the Queen".
Old 25.06.2011, 10:53
Emanuele90

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post

You can replace the sound file by any other file, including rings tones and songs like "We are the champions" or "Devil save the Queen".
That's cool man , i'll try n' see thanks!!!
Old 09.07.2011, 13:49
wyxchari

http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...93&postcount=1
Old 09.07.2011, 13:49
wyxchari

http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...93&postcount=1
Old 09.07.2011, 13:56
remi

What are you trying to do? Don't you want to link the Spanish thread with a problem description to an English thread with a solution?