JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 02.06.2022, 16:24
JD VIP

Default Issue/proposal - Displaying duplicates in LinkGrabber pane

In 'Views' you can check the box 'Already in Downloadlist' to show duplicates.

EDIT
Correcting a mistake made by referring to my outdated documentation.

I'd like to describe the behavior, which I just tested:
Case 4 is the one, that I would like to suggest a change for.

Case 1:
I copy the link **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** to LinkGrabber, start crawling, add the found file to Downloads and download it.
Now I copy the link again to LinkGraber and start the crawling again by clicking on Continue:

It is interesting that only zeroes are displayed in the "Finding Links..." Bubble Notifier. However, I now see "Restore 1 filtered links" in the bottom line.
I click on it. Only then crawling starts and the link is displayed (because I ticked "Already in Downloadlist")

Case 2:
I copy the link **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** to LinkGrabber, start crawling, and add the found file to Downloads and download it, but stop the download after a few percent.
The behavior is identical to that described above.

Case 3:
I add the link to the download list without the download starting. But again, the behavior is the same as in case 1:
If I click on "Restore 1 filtered links" the download is shown as dupe, marked in red. Crawling only will start after this click.

Case 4:
The link is already in the list in LinkGrabber pane in another package and I copy it again to LinkGrabber for subsequent crawling:

Now you can't see anything - except in Bubble Notifier - where you can assume(!) that the link was not added due to an existing dupe. In the Bubble Notifier you only see: Found Links 1, Found Packages 0, Online 1.

The button for restoration of filtered links is not available.

And case 4 is the one, I'm uncomfortable with:
I add a link to LinkGrabber which is online and available, click on Continue, but I do not see any link added to the LinkGrabber pane.
I would ask myself, why it hasn't been added?
  • Error?
  • Dupe?
  • Any other reason?
In my eyes also here we need the option to restore filtered links, so the user can see, why their link hasn't been added.

And there is one more thing, I feel uncomfortable with:
When I add a dupe link twice, in the end I see the button "Restore 2 filtered links"
But only one link will be restored, when I click on the button.
This is also confusing!
Here I would suggest, that the dupe should be restored twice.

Last edited by StefanM; 03.06.2022 at 17:17. Reason: Correcting a mistake made by referring to my outdated documentation
Old 02.06.2022, 16:57
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanM View Post
But links to files that were already downloaded earlier or just added to 'Downloads' without downloading them, will be skipped in LinkGrabber pane.
No they won't. You can add the same link to Downloads and Linkgrabber. By default (see setting below) it's not possible to add the same link multiple times to Linkgrabber.

You even can disable the duplicate check in Linkgrabber, see Settings->Advanced Settings->LinkCollector.dupemanagerenabled
That way you can add the same link multiple times to Linkgrabber.
Old 02.06.2022, 18:37
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
No they won't. You can add the same link to Downloads and Linkgrabber. By default (see setting below) it's not possible to add the same link multiple times to Linkgrabber.

You even can disable the duplicate check in Linkgrabber, see Settings->Advanced Settings->LinkCollector.dupemanagerenabled
That way you can add the same link multiple times to Linkgrabber.
Again, I did not explain my problem clearly enough:
(and I know about the settings you mentioned)

By default, duplicates are not added to the list of files in the LinkGrabber crawl result.

Now, let's assume I added 10 links to LinkGrabber. But I see only 5 links in the list, because the other 5 links are duplicates.

Next, I check the box 'Already in Downloadlist'. Now I see 8 links in the list, 3 of them marked in red as duplicates.

However, 2 links I still don't see. Have they been filtered out because they are duplicates as well?

I use the 'copy information' command with my special settings on all files in the downloads pane, copy those 150,000+ lines to Excel and then search for duplicate links among my 10 links, I just added to LinkGrabber.

And yes: Those 2 files which are still missing in the LinkGrabber list have duplicates among those 150,000+ previously downloaded files.

My question: Is there any way to have JD showing me also those two links - same as those 3 'red' links, which have dupes in the downloadlist?
Old 03.06.2022, 12:25
Community Manager

Quote:
Now, let's assume I added 10 links to LinkGrabber. But I see only 5 links in the list, because the other 5 links are duplicates.

Next, I check the box 'Already in Downloadlist'. Now I see 8 links in the list, 3 of them marked in red as duplicates.
Just to make sure we can follow:
This would mean 5 links in the linkgrabber are actually new and 3 are already in your downloadlist.

Quote:
However, 2 links I still don't see. Have they been filtered out because they are duplicates as well?
Well, if those 2 links have already been in the linkgrabber list before: Yes.
If that's a problem for you, simply disable the setting Jiaz mentioned so you can have duplicates in your linkgrabber.
In this case you would see 10 items in your linkgrabber:
5 are new
3 get marked as "Already in downloadlist"
2 also look like new as they're now in your linkgrabber twice

Quote:
I use the 'copy information' command with my special settings on all files in the downloads pane, copy those 150,000+ lines to Excel and then search for duplicate links among my 10 links, I just added to LinkGrabber.
Sorry but now I'm unable to follow.
Duplicate check from linkgrabber to downloadlist is already performed automatically so why would you do this?

Quote:
And yes: Those 2 files which are still missing in the LinkGrabber list have duplicates among those 150,000+ previously downloaded files.
Still can't follow.

Quote:
My question: Is there any way to have JD showing me also those two links - same as those 3 'red' links, which have dupes in the downloadlist?
Still unsure if I can follow.
I assume you mean the following:
"Is it possible to allow duplicates in the linkgrabber and at the same time mark them so you can easily see if an item exists multiple times in your linkgrabber list?"
If that's the question, the answer would be: No.
And still it's unclear why you would want to have duplicates in your linkgrabber list in the first place...or I just was unable to follow.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.06.2022, 17:21
JD VIP

I'm sorry!
Please read my edited original post at the top of this thread.

As I said earlier, I have many documents, I created in the past 10 years about JD issues - just for me.

And I was referring to a behavior, documented there, which is different today.

But still I have a problem, when in one case I do not see why a link has not been added.

And that's what I tried to explain now, based on today's JD release.
Old 03.06.2022, 19:37
JD Manager

I will read/response as soon as possible
Old 07.06.2022, 13:08
Community Manager

Here is my way to sum up your request:
Currently we have "Already in downloadlist" which would check items in linkgrabber vs downloadlist.
This doesn't help in your case because you want to allow dplicates in the linkgrabber- and at the same time get them displayed as such.
...so essentially what you'd want to have is something like "Duplicates in linkgrabber".
Just in case filters ever get re-added for the Downloadlist, "Duplicates in downloadlist" would also make sense.

I can partly undersatand your problem but then again the current default way it works with just preventing you from being able to add duplicates to the linkgrabber list seems to work for perfectly for most of all users including me.

...though still, there is one edge case in which this would be really helpful:
Imagine you're adding collections of pictures (most commonly I've seen this with content from flickr.com) so the same picture could be in multiple collections.

At this moment JDs default behavior could by default lead to "incomplete collections" whenever an image is in multiple collections/albums.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.06.2022, 21:21
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Here is my way to sum up your request:...
To say it in one short sentence once again, what my main intention is:

I just want to be able to see, why those 2 links from my example are missing in the LinkGrabber table.
Old 08.06.2022, 12:31
Community Manager

Quote:
I just want to be able to see, why those 2 links from my example are missing in the LinkGrabber table.
Yes I understand but in my opinion the easiest way would be to allow duplicates in linkgrabber and at the same time display them.

...I mean how else would you solve this?
Dialogs stating "links X and Y were skipped because they're already in your linkgrabber list"?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 09.06.2022, 10:56
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Yes I understand but in my opinion the easiest way would be to allow duplicates in linkgrabber and at the same time display them.
At least it is inconsistent!
I can check a box, which allows me to see duplicates, which already exist in the Downloads table.
But there is not check box which allows me to see duplicates, which already exist in the LinkGrabber table.

And as far as I can see it, I cannot even create a rule for that.

And I can only repeat myself: I just want to check, why the number of links found is different from the number of (working) links I added for crawling.

It happens so often, that JD misses links because of other reasons. I want to rule those reasons out. And if those reasons exist, I can either restart crawling for those links or download them in my browser or...
Old 09.06.2022, 13:40
Community Manager

Quote:
And as far as I can see it, I cannot even create a rule for that.
That's correct.

Quote:
And I can only repeat myself: I just want to check, why the number of links found is different from the number of (working) links I added for crawling.
Yes I understand.
As described, the best way this could be implemented according to me is allowing- and highlighting duplicates in the same list (downloadlist and linkgrabber).

Quote:
It happens so often, that JD misses links because of other reasons.
I can only say that within the last ~10 years afaik you're the only user who has reported/suggested this.

Spoiler:

Quote: