JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.07.2009, 18:29
tvks

Default System Restart - Dislocation

Hi,

Whenever a set of downloads are going on if the system restarts due to power failure, system hand, etc. and we restart JD we do not find status at which downloader was terminated. It is reset back to the status of how the downloads were when it started.

Use Case (1)
------------
The same downloads (whatever has been already completed - files) are tried once again and we find a message after a few minutes "File already exists" and a disable menu. It is my feeling that the "Downloads.dlc" file or whatever file which holds the details regarding downloads is updated only when JD is closed and not after every file download is done. If the updated information can be put to the file after every download, the application's functionality will be something "Exemplary".

Use Case (2)
------------
I have also seen that the download of a particular file resumes from the same percentage where it stopped if the internet is discontinued and started again. I do not think that it works the same way if the system is re-started. When the application is downloading a file if we stop it and press the play button again it continues from the percentage it stopped. On the contrary, start downloading a file, when it is around 20% stop it and play once again. It continues from 20%. When around 50% restart the system and JD it starts downloading from 20% and not 50%. This wastes a lot of download time. If on restart it starts from 50%, it would just be "Exemplary".

These are all just my wishlist. I am one of the users of JD and I have already spread its name amidst my clan of friends.

Regards,

tvks
Old 10.07.2009, 14:26
remi

Cool

Thanks for adding this issue to the agenda again. This requirement (or bug if you want) is a recurring item in this forum.

If this issue would be easy to solve it would have been solved by now.

We'll have to wait until all other higher priority issues are solved.