JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.01.2021, 03:35
Wind Gust

Default Downloads - How to return to default sort order?

Please help. I was on the Downloads tab and accidentally clicked Name. The download list got sorted by name, which I didn't want at all.

How do I get back to whatever the default setting is for the order on the Downloads tab?

Things used to be shown on the download list in the order they were going to download. Whatever was top-most on the list that wasn't downloaded yet would be downloaded first, then what was right below it would download next, and so on. That's what I want back. But I can't figure out how.

Also for some reason I cannot drag things around on the download list anymore. So I can't change what's going to download next.

I've tried sorting by Date Added to fix this. That's mostly right when Date Added has an black triangle pointing up. But, it doesn't let me manually sort the download list by dragging things around. I get a black circle with a diagonal line through it when I try to drag something.

If I click Date Added until there's no black triangle, and the Date Added column is no longer yellow, then the sorting by date is completely gone and everything's all in a wrong, seemingly random order. How do get back to sorting by the default "what will download first is highest in the list" order? Please tell me there's a way to do this.

I just want to have things sorted like they originally were, before I accidentally clicked Name. And to once again be able to drag folders/files around to change the download order.

Also, is there a way to make so that the downloads list (and linkgrabber list) does not get sorted when accidentally clicking the name of a column? I never want this to accidentally happen again.

Last edited by plip; 11.01.2021 at 04:18.
Old 11.01.2021, 05:08
English Supporter

if there is a colour background you have left clicked a column and changed the sort order and not the backend order.
if you have pressed ctrl & left click a column that can not be reverted/reversed.

to revert you just have to click the column say name (if you inverted it) again and it will remove it (& colour will be removed)

now if you have destroyed the backend order, and the original was based on date added you could restore that easy enough, but if you had order outside of date added then it could be hours of not so fun restoring order manually.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 11.01.2021 at 06:43.
Old 11.01.2021, 09:00
Wind Gust

What does ctrl+left click on a column do?

It seems the backend order is messed up. The original order was mostly based off of date added, however.

How could I restore the backend order to date added to get things mostly into order, but then also be able to drag the order around?

Last edited by plip; 11.01.2021 at 09:12.
Old 11.01.2021, 16:35
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip View Post
What does ctrl+left click on a column do?
CTRL + left click = real sort (sorts the actual order)
Left click only = sorts the order you can see ("view sort" - column color will change to yellow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plip View Post
How could I restore the backend order to date added to get things mostly into order, but then also be able to drag the order around?
If you do a "real sort" you will not be able to get back your original order - only if that was e.g. based on filesize/name or by adding the most recent downloadlist backup.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.01.2021, 17:43
Wind Gust

Thanks! I got things mostly into order by ctrl clicking Added Date twice and from there only had to do a little bit of dragging things around.

This saved me tons of time

I've been using JD2 for years and never knew about ctrl clicking. Guess you learn something new everyday.
Old 11.01.2021, 17:55
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?