JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.08.2011, 01:02
spaciousmind

Default Jdownloader using over 50% of my CPU!

hi all, I don't know if this is a bug or not but it really doesn't seem right.

first some system info:
windows 7 64 bit
intel i5 2500k cpu with no extra graphics card
4 gigs of RAM
java version 1.6.0_26

now usually Jdownloader is okay, but this morning (after leaving it on all day + night) I look at my computer and the CPU has gone into overdrive.......Javaw.exe using 50% CPU
and over 600,000K of memory.

It would have been doing the usual stuff, downloading files, and maybe extracting files, and decoding some links from mediafire (which usually takes a long time).

It wouldn't exit when I right click the icon and tell it to exit so I shut it down in task manager. Ive opened it up again and its gone back to normal for the time being using 0-10% cpu and 200,000K memory.

is this a known issue or a memory leak of some kind?:confused:

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.08.2011 at 17:31.
Old 09.08.2011, 09:25
remi

If 600,000K of memory means 600,000Kb of memory it might be OK because the default maximum memory jD can use is 512MB. You can increase this if you have a very large number of links in your download queue.

The startup command for jD is :
Code:
java -Xmx512m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar JDownloader.jar
and you can increase the value for the -X parameter.

My jD only uses a few percentages of my old CPU. 50% isn't normal unless you've a PC dating of the previous century.

You're using an unstable version of the JRE. I would revert to update 21 ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**).

If your problem still happens I would provide a complete and detailed log.
Old 09.08.2011, 09:46
JD Manager

did you download from mediafire? or have some mediafire links in list that jd tried to load?
Old 09.08.2011, 11:27
spaciousmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If 600,000K of memory means 600,000Kb of memory it might be OK because the default maximum memory jD can use is 512MB. You can increase this if you have a very large number of links in your download queue.

My jD only uses a few percentages of my old CPU. 50% isn't normal unless you've a PC dating of the previous century.
yeah it would have been 600,000Kb I guess (just the number it tells me in event manager), but I dont really think this is a problem in itself because just looking at task manager now I have both firefox and photoshop taking over 1,000,000K, and they arent causing the cpu to go into overdrive.

the 50% cpu thing however I dont want to see happen too often, maybe my java version was the cause, I will try version 21 and hopefuly that solves the matter.

it seems fine now though if it keeps happening I will do the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
did you download from mediafire? or have some mediafire links in list that jd tried to load?
yeah, I was downloading from mediafire at the time, and also (the reason I left it on actually) had JD loading(decoding?) a whole string of links from mediafire.
for some reason mediafire links take a very long time to parse sometimes (and often return as offline even when they are not).

Thanks!
Old 09.08.2011, 11:42
JD Manager

there is a bug that can cause endless parsing loop in mediafire. i'm still trying to fix this
can you provide some example links
Old 09.08.2011, 14:01
spaciousmind

ah that might have been the culprit then!:outch:
Here are (at least most of) the links it was trying to parse when I went to bed last night.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

there may have been a few more I can probably dig them up if need be.
Old 12.08.2011, 14:21
doroksha

I am having the same problem.

example links

Edit : I ve found that sometimes quitting and restarting jD until the problem is solved usually does it for me...

Last edited by doroksha; 12.08.2011 at 14:24.
Old 12.08.2011, 14:26
JD Manager

im working on it
Old 12.08.2011, 17:31
JD Manager

could fix the mediafire cpu loop bug. wait for plugin update
thanks to facochere for lending a proxy
Old 18.08.2011, 21:56
doroksha

not sure if the update has been delivered but mediafire works just fine now, no exorbitant memory usage(tested with 5 downloads). thanks Jiaz
Old 19.08.2011, 08:39
JD Manager

yes, update is out
thanks for notify me about this cpu usage bug