JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.07.2020, 03:33
JD Addict

Default JD was terminated and some adv-settings got reset to default

windows dialog popup with low memory warning with an option to terminate the suggested program to free up some resources. in this case it asks to terminate jd. typically, i'd cancel/close the popup then free up some memory by restart other programs instead of jd. earlier, the dialog popup while i was doing work and hit the enter key and accidentally confirmed to terminate jd.

jd closed instantly. about 30mins later, I started up jd and noticed all of the packages and filenames with unicode letters are now display as square/rectangular symbols.

Months ago i changed the front to Arial Unicode MS found here. but it appeared that with jd got terminated the way it did as described above something got broken. (note: i did not make any backup of the settings before this incident)

I don't know what else got reset at this point because i quickly closed jd and made backup of linkcolector*.zip and downloadlist*.zip

with that, the latest linkcollector*.zip and downloadlist*.zip is about 40kb and 6kb smaller compare to the ones before jd got terminated. so some information is not restored correctly resulting in losing 40kb of data in linkcollector*.zip and 6kb downloadlist*.zip?

a) need help restore last known advanced settings ect.. don't know what other settings or if eventscripter scripts or if packagizer ect... is also effected. if possible.

b) advice on how/should go about restoring linkcollector*.zip and downloadlist*.zip. 40kb and 6kb different is a sign of missing data is it not?

note: b/c i don't want to overwriting anything at this point, I have not start jd again.

thanks
Old 14.07.2020, 13:46
Community Manager

Hi,

a.
If (parts of) your settings are gone, they're gone.
There is nothing you can do about it.
If you're saving regulary backups of your complete system, check those.
An issue like this is not supposed to happen.
Are you able to reproduce this?

b.
See our support article regarding this topic.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 07.08.2020, 08:14
JD Addict

Quote:
Are you able to reproduce this?
a) sorry for the late follow up. the font is the only known to date that got reset

b) several packages missing from both in linkcollector and downloadlist. tried restoring from the *.zip files without success. so i tried my best and gathered all the urls from the previous couple and days and add them again -that was fun
Old 07.08.2020, 14:30
Community Manager

What do you mean by "without success"?
Did you see an error or were the backups simply outdated.
See linked article - you can increase the number of old linklists which JD should create ... or simply manually create backups of your stuff.
Sure it would be great if every application would keep backups of itself but you cannot expect this to happen out of the box ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.08.2020, 09:27
JD Addict

Quote:
What do you mean by "without success"?
noticeably, there were latest packages with links went missing from both linkgrabber/downloads. so i tried restoring from a few latest *.zip created by jd -with no error- but those *.zip didn't have backup of the missing links.

Quote:
...it would be great if every application would keep backups of itself...
i know, not complaining, just following up (: so my last resort was back tracking and re-adding all links from previous days -because it would be difficult to track down which links went missing (: