JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.11.2022, 10:32
BugMeNot Account

Default k2s.cc - download interrupted after reconnect

I reconnected manually when 2 k2s.cc downloads were active, as they can be resumed. However after the reconnect, the do not continue, even if I enforce to start. If I enforce, I get "Waits for prioritised start"

However, I had a download active where I used the k2s.cc website and added the direct download link to JD2. This file resumed fine after the reconnect.

It seems like JD2 "forgets" the direct download link on reconnect. This may be useful for many hosters, as they tie a link to an IP, but it is not for k2s.cc

I think this does not need a log. If it does, let me know, I copied the logs just in case
Old 30.11.2022, 18:08
JD Manager

@buggsy: JDownloader caches/remembers the final/generated download link and tries to reuse it.
I need a log to tell you what happened, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
The k2s plugin only clears the cached URL in case server responds with 401 error. Else it does try to reuse it.
Old 30.11.2022, 18:12
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy View Post
If I enforce, I get "Waits for prioritised start"
I'm not aware of/could not find such error/waiting message, maybe different wording? One reason why a logfile would help me alot!

Quote:
I
However, I had a download active where I used the k2s.cc website and added the direct download link to JD2. This file resumed fine after the reconnect.
This may be useful for many hosters, as they tie a link to an IP, but it is not for k2s.cc
As far as I remember the generated URL is/was bound to IP? have not tested it. But when you add pre generated URLs, then the generic http plugin will take/process the URL and it will work until this URL fails. but of course without plugin JDownloader does not have any error handling or link refresh support.

Quote:
I think this does not need a log. If it does, let me know, I copied the logs just in case
Yes please! For example zip the log folder and send to support@jdownloader.org
As an alternative you may just reproduce the issue and upload log normally, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
Old 01.12.2022, 22:51
BugMeNot Account

I noticed that k2s.cc plugin was configured to allow only 1 free download in parallel- increasing it seems to solve the issue with the third file not starting to download. However even when this was configured to 1 it started two downloads - maybe I enforced the second one, but if so, why did enforcing the third one fail?

As I did a successful reconnect (=different IP) and the deep link that I added manually did continue, k2s.cc does not bind a link to the client IP.

One more thing I noticed: When I used a deep link for one of the interrupted files (obtained via browser) it did not continue the download but started from the beginning of the file again (bit it was not deleted. It probably overwrote file contents with freshly downloaded identical content, as the checksum was identical to the backup of the partial file which I made before trying this)

How can I identify this thread in the email? Isn't it easier to upload the log here?
Old 02.12.2022, 12:34
JD Manager

@buggsy: are you using free accounts or no account ? I'm asking because the is different handling for both cases.
As k2s allows next download to be startet after certain time, there is special handling to allow next download to start (even if one download is still running) if 2 hours has past since then.
so after x time has passed, the plugin will allow one more download to start. The setting is to allow more concurrent downloads without the waiting time as it seems to work for some, but fails for others.
Old 02.12.2022, 12:37
JD Manager

Quote:
How can I identify this thread in the email? Isn't it easier to upload the log here?
Please just zip and send by mail and just provide a link to this thread. Or upload log somewhere (eg wetransfer)
and send us the link.
Old 02.12.2022, 12:39
JD Manager

Quote:
One more thing I noticed: When I used a deep link for one of the interrupted files (obtained via browser) it did not continue the download but started from the beginning of the file again (bit it was not deleted. It probably overwrote file contents with freshly downloaded identical content, as the checksum was identical to the backup of the partial file which I made before trying this)
At the moment it is not possible to resume downloads with other mirrors. For generic http links you can update/change the download link via rightclick menu, but that's not supported for other plugins.
It's not possible at the moment because the resume information (what part of the file is downloaded and not) is stored within the link entity in list and not on disk. Therefore a different link cannot access that required information in order to properly resume a file