JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 11.06.2020, 03:40
JD Addict

Default Exit JD but Delay

so i've noticed this problem long ago but didn't give it any thoughts.

i'm in and out of the es alot debuging and jd get slow to respond after a while to (e.g scrolling up/down, right-click ect..). my guess is because of repetitions of running the script over and over again -'debugging'.

due to this sluggishness, I tend to restart jd and that restore the responsiveness untill it happens again.
question: is this suppose to happen? getting slow to response if running script too many times?

here is the 'Exit but Delay' part
once clicked 'Exit JDownloader', it takes a couple of seconds for jd gui to close/disapear (normal stuffs). as soon as jd is fully closed -at lease to my eyes- i quickly startup jd again and jd gui startup instance fully loaded. but then after several seconds could be upto 15secs jd closed itself automatically.

after awhile i started to realize that, although jd gui closed/disapeared from the screen the 1st time but the jd core engine is still running in the background perhaps saving data. so when I thought i started up jd again, it just restore gui briefly and shut itself down one all the core tasks are completed.
question: am i understand this correctly? if i waited long enough after the initial exit and startup jd again to avoid the problem described above.
Old 11.06.2020, 05:22
English Supporter

The fault of the program I used to experience it on was opera12 and earlier.

That said it could be caused due to slow system, common issue with every program specially on a bogged down or slow system more so than one or some apps.

In respects to JDownloader I have not experienced it tbh, other people seem to when memory runs out. Java goes on a continual garbage collection cycle to little to no gain.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 12.06.2020, 12:24
JD Addict

regarding to jd
Quote:
...slow to respond...
after running es script many many times. so, I think i found out where the problem is. I turns out it the for loop bug.

here is a simple example.
Code:
for (var i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
     sleep(2000);
     alert(i + '/4');
}
alert(i + '/4 - done for loop');

for some reasons the for loop became a while loop. it doesn't exit loop once i > 4 but rather it resets i to 0 and restart the loop again. this loop continue and never exit.

I've dont some double check by placing alert(i + '/4'); inside the for loop and watch alert populating 0/4, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 then resets to 0/4, 1/4 ect... just like while loop. it never exit the for loop to alert(i + '/4 - done for loop')

i still don't know why but this happen randomly and very often. this explains why jd experiencing slow to respond and cpu usage @45-70% at all time while downloading no files unless restart jd.

thing like this should never happen but weird things happen to me
Old 12.06.2020, 12:49
English Supporter

yeah shouldn't happen without i = meh;
very strange indeed.
See what others can say.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]