JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.11.2019, 12:40
Inko

Default [Impossible] Browser resolver with Tor Browser

Hi,

I'm trying ot use the Tor Browser instead of the system's default browser for captchas that require a browser for solving.

According to https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...splay-captchas, the Browser Commandline parameter needs to be adapted accordingly. I've also disabled the Browser loop as the description states that the default browser will be used. So in my case I'm using following value for the commandline parameter
Code:
[ "PATH_TO_TORBROWSER\\Start Tor Browser.lnk", "--new-tab", "%s" ]

Please note that the tor browser is already up and running and started with the --allow-remote parameter. Furthermore executing the command above in the command line results in the expected behaviour, so a new tab with the corresponding link is openend in the already running tor browser.

However, unfortunately it doesn't work with jDownloader because the captcha link is still openened in the default browser. I also tried chaning the the commandline parameter to
Code:
[ "PATH_TO_TORBROWSER\\Browser\\firefox.exe", "--new-tab", "%s" ]
With that configuration a new tor browser instance is opened which conflicts with the active tor connection. So that's also not a solution.

Is this somehow a jDownloader bug (*.lnk calls do not work properly) or am I having an incorrect configuration?

BR

Last edited by Inko; 01.11.2019 at 12:42. Reason: link was not working
Old 04.11.2019, 10:59
JD Manager

You've got to specify full path to .exe file. Also you need an additional parameter to tell firefox to open a new instance and not forward command to already open browser.
Sure that *Start Tor Browser.lnk* links to same path?
Old 05.11.2019, 21:05
Inko

Yes, PATH_TO_TORBROWSER is the very same (full) path to the Tor Browser directory for both configurations mentioned above.

A new Tor Browser instance via the firefox.exe (second config mentioned above) results in creating a new tor connection which conflicts with the already up and running tor connection. So I don't think that this is a solution.

As for the first configuration mentioned above, when executing it in a command prompt the expected behaviour is observed --> a new tab with the correct link is openend in the already running tor browser. The very same command, for some reason, doesn't work in JDownloader and keeps openening a new tab in the default browser instead of the tor browser.

Are there anywhere logs which I could have a look at? If so, is the log verbosity level configurable?
Old 06.11.2019, 11:55
JD Manager

There are no logs and JDownloader just executes the very same command.
Did you check if the commandline/path is correct? eg close all and check if JDownloader starts the correct firefox browser?
We can also take a look at this together via Teamviewer, just contact me via support@jdownloader.org
Old 30.04.2020, 18:32
I will play nice!

Following settings work for me (the remaining settings are on default):

GeneralSettings: Browser Command Line
Code:
[ "PATH_TO_TORBROWSER\\Browser\\firefox.exe", "--allow-remote", "--new-tab", "%s" ]
BrowserCaptchaSolver: Browser Commandline
Code:
[ "PATH_TO_TORBROWSER\\Browser\\firefox.exe", "--allow-remote", "--new-tab", "%s" ]
With those settings all requests are redirected to the Tor browser, however, most of the captcha resolving is not working. I end up in manually opening the URL (from the link grabber) in the Tor browser to get to the captcha and eventually the download links.
Old 06.06.2020, 10:08
English Supporter

another application blocking url maybe? if it was another browser extension it would it block when you pasted manually. Do you have security software that has browser modules which might filter urls?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 12.06.2020, 13:27
I will play nice!

I'm using the stock Tor Browser, so no other extensions. Also no security software is blocking any requests.

I do not know why but it seems to be related to the Tor Browser itself. Actually not a single localhost address (127.0.0.1) is working for me. I also tried **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** where none of the custom settings above are necessary and the result is the same: as soon as certain captchas are going to be displayed via a localhost address, the Tor Browser won't establish the connection. Pasting the address into another Browser like Firefox works fine of course.
Old 13.06.2020, 07:56
English Supporter

re: 127.0.0.1, they probably block it? how does the tor browser work? do they just port via proxy settings? some proxy settings block access to local address (which localhost and lan subnets fall under).

I assumed when you mean manually worked localhost did work, just not from the open url from within JD. so thought that maybe 3rd party (av) could be filtering

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 25.08.2020, 15:04
I will play nice!

Here's an overdue update: the Tor Browser does not, and never will, allow localhost connections according to **External links are only visible to Support Staff**this rejected bug report. So I guess this thread can be closed as the automated captcha handling unfortunately won't work with the Tor Browser.