JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.06.2020, 03:47
Super Loader

Default Can I prevent the packagizer from breaking custom packages from a DLC file?

For organizational reasons that are too long to explain, I had a large collection of packages, many of them formed manually, still on the LinkGrabber list.
Accidentally I pressed the GO button while in the grabber tab thinking I was on the DL list tab, thrusting all valid links on the grabber list onto the DL list.

I would like to revert this situation and return all these downloads, in the custom packages they were in originally, back to the grabber list.

I made a DLC file, but when I add it to the grabber list the packagizer kicks in again and starts making new packages breaking my custom ones.
I know my original packages are still there in some form, because some of them still show up, but other links, for example, YT or MEGA, start being redirected to new automatically generated packages breaking those I originally had.

Is there a way to prevent this and recover my original packages?

Last edited by radorn; 09.06.2020 at 03:49.
Old 09.06.2020, 05:15
English Supporter

currently JD does not have a inbuilt undo/revert feature, but there is svn issue ticket to add such function (many years old)

for memory you can not use dlc for this, dlc contains links not packages references, only urls.

mega and youtube have decrypter plugins and these can set package names.
mega will set adopt directory structure.
youtube will set packagename based on your youtube plugin settings.

if you had closed JD quickly after this mistake, there would have been linkcollector*.zip files which would have contained the old entries. they update/save and purge older entries after x saves or time so the longer you wait more chance of your old list been purged. all you would have needed todo was use the list with the info in, by remove anything with a higher number than itself (these will typically be smaller in size as you just added pile of links to dl tab, so larger sized lists is where I would start at.), and then start client.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 09.06.2020, 06:38
Super Loader

@raztoki Well, I did enough attempts with making a DLC from the DL list and importing back to the grabber list that the last backup with the started urls was gone. But I did get a 3 days old backup from Windows' "Previous Versions" functionality, so that's quite helpful. Thanks for the suggestion, I always forget about these backups. Now I can have that and just import the DLC and only the newest stuff will be disorganized.

Now, about the DLC not keeping the package names... I don't know. Some of my old custom packaging does appear there, particularly those containing links from http sources, so it would seem as if DLCs made from the DL list do keep packages as they were, but then the repackager kicks in and breaks them up?
Maybe those package names were kept somewhere else in the configuration files? That sounds less likely than the first conclusion to me.
Old 10.06.2020, 08:26
English Supporter

just looked at the source for dlc, seems package name is possible. so my mistake.

I assume adding the link again might trigger decrypter to set a package name. Im not sure why it wouldn't respect the dlc packagename vs plugin packagename. Maybe this is a desired trait, please wait for Jiaz to respond.

Old 25.06.2020, 12:03
Super Loader

No news on this front? I'm currently in a situation where I could benefit from moving some stuff in the DL list back to the LG list without losing the custom packages I made.
Old 25.06.2020, 12:52
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorn View Post
I'm currently in a situation where I could benefit from moving some stuff in the DL list back to the LG list without losing the custom packages I made.
The easiest way to move the links from the download list tab to the linkgrabber tab is to drag 'n' drop the latest downloadList*.zip from 'JD\cfg' folder to JD window. When prompted to select the destination tab, select "Linkgrabber" from the drop down box (it will be "Downloads" by default).

Since existing information from the zip file is used when adding links, it does not trigger any online requests and hence will also be faster than adding DLCs. (Keep a backup of your existing download/linkgrabber list zip files, just in case you need to restore them.)

Regarding package name breaking while adding DLCs, I was not to reproduce them (while using mega links).

If you wish to prevent accidentally moving links from linkgrabber tab to download tab while pressing start button, you can disable the same in advanced settings:

Code:
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.startbuttonactioninlinkgrabbercontext
Old 25.06.2020, 14:31
English Supporter

I must admit I never tested dlc with customised package names & re-adding them to see if it retained original name or not. Guess I should test it

raztoki

Old 30.06.2020, 01:22
Super Loader

@mgpai Thanks for the advanced settings tip. That should be helpful indeed.

That drag'n'drop trick sounds interesting. I wish there was a more selective method, but I guess I could work arround that. I'll investigate. Thanks again.

@raztoki Don't forget to chime in whenever you get to that, and thanks for your time.