JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.06.2020, 14:05
Modem User

Default No internet connection when installing

Hello,

I've been using another software that suits me for several years, and I would have liked to test JDownloader2 for the first time as an open source alternative.

I've just downloaded the setup for Windows (JDownloader2_Clean_Installer.exe, 75Ko) on the official website, I've run it several times but each time I get a "No internet connection" error during the process.

Then I looked at my Bitdefender Total Security 2020 firewall and antivirus, which I've also been using for a very long time and which I think I know how to handle, even though I haven't received any blocking notifications. I ended up disabling everything, all protections included (see the screenshot), including items inside Online Threat Prevention. Still the same problem.

So as I have to look elsewhere for the solution, I would like to know if the setup connects to one of the servers contained **External links are only visible to Support Staff**on this page, it's the hosts file I use to block the ads. It's very complete and very efficient, and it's possible that the setup connects to it for an ad network for example.

Also note that every time I had to cancel the setup process, I got these weird characters in the cancellation window, even though I'm sure my PC is healthy.

Thank you

Last edited by MichelMichel; 15.06.2020 at 14:10.
Old 15.06.2020, 18:57
Community Manager

Hi,

did you also check out our support article regarding this issue?
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...lation-process

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.06.2020, 19:40
Modem User

Hi, thank you.

Yes I checked this and I don't have any PUP installed on my PC, or any software that I didn't explicitly wanted to install, or which I don't know what it is for.
Old 16.06.2020, 18:27
Modem User

I solved the problem by installing JDownloader after deleting my Hosts file during installation. However, I couldn't solve the problem of weird characters. I found a solution, I disabled the cache font service in services.msc, but I couldn't delete everything in the system files. On the other hand it has reset the Windows system icons, the font solution you are using does not allow to use a modified Windows theme. It does not matter, I uninstalled JDownloader.