JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.06.2019, 02:34
Baby Loader

Default JD follows folder structure, only after renaming the root folder with the next folder

for the last 2 months i've been messing with JD non stop trying to get it to properly accept keeping folder structures, my main os is windows 10 however i have installed JD on mac os mojave and the problems persist. i've try'd almost every combination of default packagizer rules, "overwrite" settings, download path, etc. if you need a link just lmk, as i don't want to post it publicly (not nsfw) the basics of the structure is:
MAIN\
SECOND\
OTHER\
files..
SECOND\
files..
so pretty much one main folder, with two secondary folders that contain nested folders and files.
however, after JD downloads the files an example for MAIN/SECOND/OTHER/FILE.M2TS, would be MAIN_SECOND_OTHER/SECOND/OTHER/FILE.M2TS. so it pretty much adds all subfolders into the root dir then proceeds to follow the original structure. any help is appreciated.
Old 09.06.2019, 23:06
Baby Loader

looks like the forum declines custom spacing, heres the pastebin **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 10.06.2019, 11:05
English Supporter

in respects to forum spacing you can use [code] bbtag and it wont change your formatting.
in respects to directory placement of content, JD package customiser should be able to do as you want, assuming it can determine the content type when links enter linkgrabber. If content if within extraction archives this can make things harder, to impossible.

without example links and screenshots of your rules its hard to know where you went wrong.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.06.2019, 11:31
Baby Loader

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
these are my current rules however as stated above i've followed every combintation (and order) i could think of/find mentioned here..
https://i.imgur.com/jC0aYaz.png
Old 11.06.2019, 23:57
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
in respects to forum spacing you can use [code] bbtag and it wont change your formatting.
in respects to directory placement of content, JD package customiser should be able to do as you want, assuming it can determine the content type when links enter linkgrabber. If content if within extraction archives this can make things harder, to impossible.

without example links and screenshots of your rules its hard to know where you went wrong.

raztoki
?
Old 12.06.2019, 01:39
English Supporter

package customiser rules have been adjusted by yourself
move the 'adopt directory structure', below 'create sub directory by packagename'

Old 12.06.2019, 03:40
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
package customiser rules have been adjusted by yourself
move the 'adopt directory structure', below 'create sub directory by packagename'
like stated before, i have tried every combination i have read. https://imgur.com/a/bA8MsTX. i'm not sure why this was marked solved as i never stated the problem was gone.
Old 12.06.2019, 03:57
JD Legend

Yup, I am having the same issue here! A solution is needed.
Old 12.06.2019, 19:39
JD Manager

@zachary24: your example link works perfectly fine. packagizer rules are processed from top to bottom, so the *adopt folder structure* must be below *create subfolder by package name*
Make sure that you do NOT use placeholder in default download folder! what you describe and according your screenshot it looks like that might be the case!
In doubt I would suggest we'll do a teamviewer session and check this together, contact me at support@jdownloader.org
Old 14.06.2019, 12:02
English Supporter

@zachary24
I did test this just prior to responding to you, but didn't see the issue before I had to rush out for work (had limited time), and it looked right, though its _ instead of /
I've fixed the problem, its caused by nested subdirectories. Screen shots actually allowed me to see the issue =] oh and opening the example url in browser, which I didn't previous (sorry).

raztoki

Last edited by raztoki; 14.06.2019 at 12:17.
Old 14.06.2019, 20:36
JD Manager

@raztoki: the current packagename is build by appending all folder names because without enabled *subfolder by plugin* else all files would go to same folder. Imagine two different subfolders have name TEST then currently it's 'ROOT_1_TEST' and 'ROOT_2_TEST'
with enabled *subfolder by plugin* the structure on disk is correct as the package name isn't used. without this rule in place, the package contain only the files from that folder.
with your suggested fix, all files from both packages would go to 'TEST'
I don't think that soution is good.
Old 14.06.2019, 20:37
JD Manager

If it's okay with you I would add this as plugin option?
Old 15.06.2019, 13:59
English Supporter

jiaz: I gathered as much, but from what I could tell the last directory in the nest isn't correct. only fix as I could see it would be to do as I did, and everything is as is. they then use save path to see where they belong verse super long packagename. But yes your example is of two directories with the same name in different parents have dupes, but they also should have different file package ids, thus seperate directories? turn merge off?

Old 17.06.2019, 18:24
JD Manager

@raztoki: now I understand, I've modified plugin to incorporate your change/idea