JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.01.2018, 15:56
Tornado

Default Website URL instead of download links

After upgrading to latest version, the linkgrabber(clipboard-observer) will capture webpage-url instead of address-links for the files to download. I use this feature everyday and it worked properly until I updated, is there a way to reset this or should i just downgrade?....the only reason i updated was because of the recaptcha not working since google killed it for the localhost....although i had installed the browser plugin it was still not working till i "unfortunately" updated JD2, so we fixed one thing and break something else.
Old 14.01.2018, 16:13
Tornado

never mind i figured it out by unticking the "source" box in "downloadlink address display" from user interface category.
It is strange because prior to the update, the only box unticked was the referrer box so the update obviously caused this issue to occur regardless of the status of the "source" box. I have two other instances of JD2 which is not updated with the sames settings where only the "Referrer" box is unticked and the link-grabber captures the file-links instead of source-url or page-url

Last edited by RPNet-user; 14.01.2018 at 16:20.
Old 14.01.2018, 17:25
English Supporter

Below "Downloadlink address display" there is a text that explains it.
Old 15.01.2018, 00:03
English Supporter

settings > user interface > downloadlink display order

It's was not caused by update, its been behaviour for 4+ years. Any browser that supports htmlfalvor will place website url as the source (so that you can go back and use it as reference). Either you changed it by mistake or someone else might have (Family/friend?), far as I know we have not reset the key to save to or changed defaults.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.01.2018, 17:06
Tornado

No, i'm the only one here with access, prior to updating; the link-grabber captured the file-urls, i made no changes except a simple update and afterwards, instead of grabbing the file-urls, it grabbed the website-url until i unticked the source box, so yes the update definitely and certainly 100% caused it.
Old 15.01.2018, 18:09
JD Manager

There have been no changes to JDownloader. Maybe there has been update to your browser and now it provides the information in clipboard and before it didn't. It is also a difference if you rightclick url and copy or copy selection.
Old 16.01.2018, 17:57
Tornado

No browser updates, and the method of adding the urls are the same method i use every day, but this was not the case, the update simply caused the source box to invert the capture of url from file to website regardless that this was not code intentional, my other two instances running on two other machines have the source box ticked and they are running the same version/build that this version was running prior to the update and they both grab the proper file urls instead of the website url using the same exact copy/grab to clipboard method.
Old 16.01.2018, 17:59
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback.There have not been core updates since weeks, so I'm lost in the dark how the update could have caused this