JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 31.05.2012, 07:56
English Supporter

Try JD2 as it has instant update system http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365 . You wont have to wait for the manual process of pushing plugin updates into stable/nightly

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 31.05.2012, 08:28
JD Manager

update will come today
Old 01.06.2012, 01:20
JD Beta

thanks raztoki for pointing out that there's already a JD2 beta available. I've updated and Filepost works fine for me :-)

However the JD2 seems still a bit shaky. I like my JD to creat subfolder per package when adding links. This is completely messed-up in JD2. For each package I have to manually enable folder creation which only sometimes works. Then sometimes if I changed the name of a package the same name would appear on the next download... quite some variable initializing/handling issues. Think I have to go back to the original JD until things are fixed in JD2.

And, YES I LIKE JD! This is not a negative comment and I'm very thankfull for all the work the JD team puts into this great tool!

cu
darek
Old 01.06.2012, 09:36
JD Manager

enable the packagizer rule for automatic subfolder with packagename, that works fine
packagename -> reflecting changes in folders only work in linkgrabber, once the links are in downloadlist, only manual change is possible then
Old 01.06.2012, 09:37
JD Manager

thanks for your feedback about filepost
Old 01.06.2012, 11:28
JD Beta

@Jiaz,

thanks. I've enable the packagizer rule (sorry, must have overseen it when looking for such an option, used to be under 'downloads') and it seems to work, but only when the download starts. I like JD to create the folder when adding the downloads from linkgrabber to queue as I usually put some info into the folder before the file actually downloads.

thanks & cu
darek
Old 01.06.2012, 14:50
JD Manager

Old 02.06.2012, 14:40
JD Beta

thanks Jiaz for the info/support about 'creating subfolders after adding links'. I hope this gets implemented real fast as it's one of 3 major reasons why I would have to go back to the original JD. Starting to think why all good features have been taken away!?
Old 02.06.2012, 15:29
Giga Loader

Using JDownloader 0.9.581
Same issue with Filepost ... on multiple versions of Windows across several PCs. I'm in Los Angeles (USA) with Earthlink cable ISP. Contacted Filepost ... they are stumped. I can download fine from Filepost web site. Jdownloader cont. to work fine with Rapidshare and other file hosts.

Last edited by 13mh13; 02.06.2012 at 15:31.
Old 02.06.2012, 15:37
JD Beta

@13mh13

simply use JD2 beta and it'll work again.....

cu
darek
Old 02.06.2012, 16:26
Giga Loader

Default JD2 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by darekk View Post
@13mh13

simply use JD2 beta and it'll work again.....

cu
darek
If I update to JD2, will it preserve all in my Download queue (I have over 100 files) as well as import my Settings? It'll be a major job to re-enter all the Settings info. And those in the Downloads pane ... I have no backup of that list.
Old 02.06.2012, 16:54
JD Beta

well, I closed JD, did a full backup of the JD folder + subfolders, then upgraded to JD2. It preserverd my download queue and most of my settings. however there are still some things missing/unstable in JD2 so I might eventually go back to JD (using my backup). anyway, my main host is Filepost and JD2 allows me to have unattended downloads again.

cu
darek
Old 02.06.2012, 18:27
Giga Loader

Quote:
well, I closed JD, did a full backup of the JD folder + subfolders, then upgraded to JD2. It preserverd my download queue and most of my settings. however there are still some things missing/unstable in JD2 so I might eventually go back to JD (using my backup). anyway, my main host is Filepost and JD2 allows me to have unattended downloads again.

cu
darek
I installed JD2....NOTHING is preserved --Downloads, Settings, ... etc. -- NOTHING!
There is no choice in this matter. JDownloader will have to find a patch for JD (orig. version) ... or us end users will find another download mgr. [E.g., I use RS a lot. And RS's own mgr is pretty good]

Again, for Filepost only, valid account show up as Invalid. If you check Enabled, it prompts with Captcha, then says "No Traffic Left". Also NO (blank) under Status -- this should say SOMETHING regardless of account validity.

Last edited by 13mh13; 02.06.2012 at 18:33.
Old 02.06.2012, 18:34
JD Beta

@13mh13

maybe you have chosen to install JD2 into a new folder. I put the updater into my old (existing) JD program folder an ran the updater from there, it wokerd fine for me.

cu
darek
Old 02.06.2012, 18:43
English Supporter

@13mh13
if you installed to a new folder everything will be clean. the update.jar or update.exe will merge over as many previous config components. I haven't used the new installer but I'd say that would do the same. So maybe user error ?

Not really following your second paragraph. Think filepost only gives you recaptcha if you have failed at logging in previously before. This stops automatic login attempts trying to brute force passwords.

Old 02.06.2012, 21:58
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@13mh13
if you installed to a new folder everything will be clean. the update.jar or update.exe will merge over as many previous config components. I haven't used the new installer but I'd say that would do the same. So maybe user error ?

Not really following your second paragraph. Think filepost only gives you recaptcha if you have failed at logging in previously before. This stops automatic login attempts trying to brute force passwords.
If you mean THIS folder...

C:\Program Files\JDownloader

... then Yes...this is where I put Update.exe.
Again, NOTHING carried over.

About Filepost and recaptcha ... I mean from the Settings (Premium) hosts menu.
Why can't JD find an update to JD (orig)? Why do we have to go to JD2?
Old 02.06.2012, 22:52
JD Beta

strange... by the way, where did you get the update.exe for JD2? when I downloaded the updater.zip from the forum thread it contained only the jar which I executed manually and that worked fine.

cu
darek
Old 02.06.2012, 23:13
Giga Loader

Default JD2

Quote:
strange... by the way, where did you get the update.exe for JD2? when I downloaded the updater.zip from the forum thread it contained only the jar which I executed manually and that worked fine.

cu
darek
update.exe for Windows (link in this thread, above)
Not strange or unexpected really ...JD f-cks up a lot for me (and as reported in myriad posts in this forum). E.g., change download directory and that won't take effect for an INDEFINITE time. And then there is the Java slowness.
That said, it's free and transparent most of the time. But should always be improved.
Old 02.06.2012, 23:23
JD Beta

well, I just downloaded the updater.zip file from the JD2 thread (clicking on updater method) and the zip is still the same which I used a few days back... and it contains 3 files, no EXE.... so just wondering ;-) I put all 3 files into my old JD program folder and executed manually 'java -jar updater.jar'...
Old 02.06.2012, 23:38
Giga Loader

Interesting how neither FilePost admin nor JD developers wants to REALLY tackle this issue. Moving to JD2 (a beta project) is not a soln. I'm going to conclude that JD dev. is mostly responsible for the mess as the issue appeared after my last JD (orig) update (the one prompted at start-up).
Not good!
Old 02.06.2012, 23:47
Giga Loader

Quote:
well, I just downloaded the updater.zip file from the JD2 thread (clicking on updater method) and the zip is still the same which I used a few days back... and it contains 3 files, no EXE.... so just wondering ;-) I put all 3 files into my old JD program folder and executed manually 'java -jar updater.jar'...
Tried this --- didn't work.
Old 03.06.2012, 02:51
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
No, i ll leave it the way it is now.
Did you already contact the filepost support?
Note that we're not here to solve (work around) their problems or do support for them...

Greez pspzockerscene
This does not fix it for me.

Did I mention ...

- I have Premium FP (but Free or Prem. makes no diff.)
- Same JD/FP problem in multiple Win PCs and multiple OS (XP2, 7)
- RS, others work fine in JD
- I did contact FP, several X --- they say it's JD

SOMEONE is not cooperating.

Last edited by 13mh13; 03.06.2012 at 02:56.
Old 03.06.2012, 03:03
English Supporter

@darekk
the update.zip does now have a exe in it which is just a java loader like jdownloader.exe. It will find java and run a static string. Maybe you have a cached version from your isp from transparent proxy either way it does the same thing.

The installer I believe is slightly different but the outcome should be the same.

@13mh13
We haven't had such a negative person on the forum in some time but putting your negativity a side. It should have updated you and most of your settings along with your download list. Maybe there was some sort of data corruption inside your old config/ folder and it could not process it. Not sure.. There would be some update/conversion logs there. As explained this is beta and not final there area always going to be bugs. As the guide indicated you should make a copy of your existing install into a new folder that way you still have a copy of stable and also the new beta. You can not downgrade/revert because it stores data in a different database structure and its no longer backward compatible. As for the rest we are always developing, you must get used to how the new JD works. Not sure what you mean by changing directories and it not taking place until an indefinite time, directories are made while processing the download. We are not responsible for changes that take place within a file hoster, now you're just talking crap. The issue is resolved the recommendation to install JD2 was a stop gap so you could continue to use the host provider until the next round of plugin update takes place for stable/nightly branches.

Old 03.06.2012, 03:18
Giga Loader

Quote:
@darekk
the update.zip does now have a exe in it which is just a java loader like jdownloader.exe. It will find java and run a static string. Maybe you have a cached version from your isp from transparent proxy either way it does the same thing.

The installer I believe is slightly different but the outcome should be the same.

@13mh13
We haven't had such a negative person on the forum in some time but putting your negativity a side. It should have updated you and most of your settings along with your download list. Maybe there was some sort of data corruption inside your old config/ folder and it could not process it. Not sure.. There would be some update/conversion logs there. As explained this is beta and not final there area always going to be bugs. As the guide indicated you should make a copy of your existing install into a new folder that way you still have a copy of stable and also the new beta. You can not downgrade/revert because it stores data in a different database structure and its no longer backward compatible. As for the rest we are always developing, you must get used to how the new JD works. Not sure what you mean by changing directories and it not taking place until an indefinite time, directories are made while processing the download. We are not responsible for changes that take place within a file hoster, now you're just talking crap. The issue is resolved the recommendation to install JD2 was a stop gap so you could continue to use the host provider until the next round of plugin update takes place for stable/nightly branches.
I've been using BOTH JD and FP (and other file hosts) for several yrs, updating/upgrading almost w/o incident. BUT THIS LATEST POST-JD-UPDATE SNAFU, wrt FP+JD, AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS IS A DOA. I've tied the "solns" you and others noted. NONE WORK FOR ME -- ON MULTIPLE PCs ON MULTIPLE OSes.
raztoki: Try contacting FP yourself and see if you can hammer together some sort of financial settlement with them. This one reeks of $$ bottom lines and politics.
Old 03.06.2012, 08:15
English Supporter

Forgot to add this to my previous post, was rushed as I had to be somewhere. If you want to revert you can restore a backup/*.zip (assuming you have them) to a 0.9 install by replacing the previous config. Or you can create a dlc of your download list within JD2 and load this dlc in JD 0.9

Can't help if we cant reproduce issues and it works fine here which makes it next to impossible to fix without something more to work from. You haven't provided any useful information about how to fix (like debug logfiles, what you think is happening that's causing the issue).

As for some of the acronyms, sorry not following those or the context of your caps based sentence.

JD development team has a good relationship with filepost and there development team. They actually reply to emails/IM which helps with development based questions/concerns. It has nothing to do with $$.

Please refrain from making posts on our forums unless you have something constructive to contribute. You just wasting your time and ours.

Old 03.06.2012, 09:35
Giga Loader

Quote:
Forgot to add this to my previous post, was rushed as I had to be somewhere. If you want to revert you can restore a backup/*.zip (assuming you have them) to a 0.9 install by replacing the previous config. Or you can create a dlc of your download list within JD2 and load this dlc in JD 0.9

Can't help if we cant reproduce issues and it works fine here which makes it next to impossible to fix without something more to work from. You haven't provided any useful information about how to fix (like debug logfiles, what you think is happening that's causing the issue).

As for some of the acronyms, sorry not following those or the context of your caps based sentence.

JD development team has a good relationship with filepost and there development team. They actually reply to emails/IM which helps with development based questions/concerns. It has nothing to do with $$.

Please refrain from making posts on our forums unless you have something constructive to contribute. You just wasting your time and ours.
I'm not sure what more you want ... in Settings > Hosts > Premium, I can't Enable FP Premium. It gives me a Captacha and then unchecks/greys out FP. Notes: "Invalid Account" and "No Traffic Left". My account is valid and paid for ... and I can download thru FP directly just fine. This problem appeared after the automatic start-up update (June 1) with my JD (0.9.581)

NOTE ... FP files no longer downloads via JD * IAC* -- premium or free. I get "Waiting for new IP" message, and that hold ad infinitum. On three separate PC/laptops.
I am in Los Angeles, CA, using Earthlink Cable BB ... if that helps. RS, DF, others work fine -- as they have for years -- via JD.

I'm sure there are other JD/FP users reading this now who are equally frustrated and in agreement with me.
If you/others TRULY feel I'm not "contributing constructively", delete my posts or ban me. Block my IP so I can't re-reg easily, etc. It's that easy.
Or you can try to do something unique ... like help.

---

BTW (since you noted you're confused about my CAPs): FP=FilePost; JD =JDownloader; DF=DepositFile; RS=RapidShare; BB=broadband; IAC=In any case

Last edited by 13mh13; 03.06.2012 at 09:41.
Old 03.06.2012, 10:25
English Supporter

-sigh- bites tongue.

Old 03.06.2012, 17:20
Giga Loader

Mysteriously .... i.e., w/o me making one single, solitary change (other than posting here and repeatedly emailing Filepost about the issue) ... I can get FilePost to work in my Win 7 Dell laptop, in same (but fully updated) version of JD ... in Free (nonPremium) mode. Attempting to enable Premium prompts Captcha, buth then "Invalid Account".

EDIT (just emailed FP, again, and posted above a few mins ago): and "mysteriously" Premium account is working. (I have screen captures-- before/after -- which I will post in this thread). Someone at FP or JD dropped the ball, and is correcting behind the scenes (or playing God/Devil and having fun -- the blackout may return!). Why do I suspect this? I used to work in the software industry -- this sorta stuff is not the exception, it's the RULE. Ahhh ... good ol' predictable primates ... biz as usual ..... ratzoki (earlier) questioned my style/tactics ... but the adage is true: you get more with a 2x4 and kind word than kind word alone. Also read Machiavelli's The Price if you can ever unaddict yourselves from mutual masturbations.

Last edited by 13mh13; 03.06.2012 at 18:07.
Old 03.06.2012, 17:43
English Supporter

Have you post the log? Free user works fine also here.
Old 03.06.2012, 20:34
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Have you post the log? Free user works fine also here.
Spoiler:
------------------------ Thread: 66 -----------------------
66 6/3/12 7:51:30 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Webupdater offline or nothing to update

------------------------ Thread: 81 -----------------------
81 6/3/12 7:53:36 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 92 -----------------------
92 6/3/12 7:54:10 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 102 -----------------------
102 6/3/12 7:54:42 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 112 -----------------------
112 6/3/12 7:55:02 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 121 -----------------------
121 6/3/12 7:55:13 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 132 -----------------------
132 6/3/12 7:55:48 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 144 -----------------------
144 6/3/12 7:58:05 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 161 -----------------------
161 6/3/12 7:58:28 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> DownloadWatchDog: start

------------------------ Thread: 162 -----------------------
162 6/3/12 7:58:28 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start new Download: filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 165 -----------------------
165 6/3/12 7:58:28 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on Antiques.Uncovered.3of3.part3.rar
165 6/3/12 7:58:29 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Download quota has been reached

------------------------ Thread: 162 -----------------------
162 6/3/12 8:00:13 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start new Download: filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 262 -----------------------
262 6/3/12 8:00:13 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on EccHom.avaxhome.part1.rar

------------------------ Thread: 259 -----------------------
259 6/3/12 8:00:14 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> There is no JAC method for the service filepost.com

------------------------ Thread: 262 -----------------------
262 6/3/12 8:00:35 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Premium error
262 6/3/12 8:00:35 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Premium Account xxxxxxx@xxxxx.net: expired:Premium error
262 6/3/12 8:00:35 AM - WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest: ERROR_PREMIUM
00100000000001000000000100000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000000000000000100000000 |ERROR_PREMIUM
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
StatusText: Connecting...

Last edited by raztoki; 04.06.2012 at 04:23. Reason: log into spoiler
Old 03.06.2012, 21:03
Giga Loader

Default Armchair psycho-analysis

Techno-tools like the LOG above are useful, but (as I alluded to earlier) so is scientific psycho-analysis:

Yes, Log can help, but not really in the context of my earlier remark.

JD .... still working, BUT now on ALL computers I use ... very very interesting that (apart from posting here AND emailing FilePost directly), I have made NO changes ... so still using "old" JD (0.9.581)., same ISP, same router/modem, PCs and no change in their configs ... NO tweaking of JD settings.
I just emailed FP, querying them of their latest actions ... no word from them, no surprise.
Oh well ... "bad cop, no donut", I suppose .
I'll leave you with this --- perhaps the most important troubleshooting, problem-solving advice you'll ever get:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Memorable quotes for
Planet of the Apes (1968)

Cornelius: [reading from the sacred scrolls of the apes] Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old 04.06.2012, 03:40
English Supporter

I see this in your log:
- Download quota has been reached => Maybe for the free one.
- StatusText: Connecting... => Maybe connection problem, usually from AV/FW.
Old 04.06.2012, 09:31
Giga Loader

Default Filepost terminated my account; banned my IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
I see this in your log:
- Download quota has been reached => Maybe for the free one.
- StatusText: Connecting... => Maybe connection problem, usually from AV/FW.
Yes, for free (and it always worked -- slowly, of course, with captcha for every file --, as noted prev.). But remember: the Premium option was "broken". I had no choice but to dwnld free.

And then (as noted above) the Premium fixed itself mysteriously (I emailed Filepost support many, many x, detailing the problem, and that seemed to do it. Tho' they never admitted it was on their end -- or how they repaired) ...

They saw my postings here and then they made the very frightened, reactionary move to delete my account and ban my IP! They promised a refund. I have yet to see it!

But this is a learning curve and I'm happy to be strengthened by it in the Nietzsche tradition! All you fellow Filepost users are now aware of what they/you can and cannot do/say. And you are empowered -- not Filepost.

Some apologies for blaming JD as much as I did -- when the Prem. issue was resolved (before the ban that is), I realize that I had not made one single change to JD (no updates, etc) nor any config change in my PCs or from my ISP. It was almost certainly an all-Filepost issue, and they shirked and covered from the beg. to end.

It's all ... uh ... v. interesting ....

You know I like philosophy ... so end with this: "man is by nature a political animal." Aristotle.

Last edited by 13mh13; 04.06.2012 at 09:48.
Old 04.06.2012, 13:25
English Supporter

"Such is life." -Ned Kelly

Old 04.06.2012, 19:03
Giga Loader

Default One of the gang(sters)

Quote:
"Such is life." -Ned Kelly
While I can't speak for the rest of the JD team, I can confidently label you as one of the JD-FP gang(sters)

Speaking of JD and my recent experience ... note that it seems JD vs. JD2 was never the issue. I could not get JD2 to work (see prev. msgs) ... but in the end, it didn't matter. Not sure what the FP-JD issue was/is that stated this thread ... the point being: if it is the host (FP, etc.), and they never come clean ... then JD suffers and JD community suffers ... so Mr. raztoki ... please ... at least try to think outside the box? And that includes asking the host company for ... uh ... more bribe $$, under-the-table ... to quote YOU ... "Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]"