JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23.07.2012, 16:40
Wind Gust

This is really nasty.

@raztoki: do you have any more information about what's going on?

the most important questions remaining are:
- WHO took some legal action against captchatrader?! I'm really curious about that and I want to know who is responsible for this shit, so we can blame them for being a social a***ole.

- will captchatrader ever be back online? it just seems they shut it down forever and won't come back even after the legal actions took place.

- why don't they have local backups of their system? so they can't even make a copy online somewhere else?

- what are the best alternatives to captchatrader.com as long as it's down?
Captcha Brotherhood sucks bigtime unfortunately because it's client (not browser) based, windows only and only one instance at a time. Therefor, I wouldn't call it "alternative" to captchatrader.org

and at last: what do you think who is taking legal action against them? I bet it's some greedy filehoster who hates captchatrader.org for solving captcha's and messing their premium system up.
I also think there were some DDOS attacks against captchatrader.org in the last weeks as their website was frequently down or rarely reachable.
This all seems like a nasty fight of greedy nerd people.
Old 23.07.2012, 23:19
English Supporter

The information I've given is all I've been told. No idea of who, if you have access to this website _**External links are only visible to Support Staff**s not free). I assume this action happening within the American courts. I never asked captchatrader of who or why etc, didn't feel like it was my place.

No idea about about DDoS events they happen all the time. They are usually as a result from either from bad code client/server side or miss-configured preferences, disgruntled user, or the case may be of a competitor service, even the mob holding a given business to ransom , or just some bored 'script kiddie'?... list could go on...

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 23.07.2012 at 23:23.
Old 24.07.2012, 05:03
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
The information I've given is all I've been told. No idea of who, if you have access to this website _**External links are only visible to Support Staff**s not free). I assume this action happening within the American courts. I never asked captchatrader of who or why etc, didn't feel like it was my place.

No idea about about DDoS events they happen all the time. They are usually as a result from either from bad code client/server side or miss-configured preferences, disgruntled user, or the case may be of a competitor service, even the mob holding a given business to ransom , or just some bored 'script kiddie'?... list could go on...
i see.. I dont have access to pacer.gov, though.

well, beside the other open questions from above, one more question is unanswered: why is someone taking legal action against captchatrader.com? or in other words, what is wrong with captchatrader.com?
I can't remember any legal cases where solving captchas is reguarded as illegal action.. or did I miss something? Is there a new acta/sopa/whatever law out there in the usa which I missed and which causes such actions?

or is it illegal to make profit from solving captcha's? I really wanna know what the heck is going on
Old 24.07.2012, 10:37
English Supporter

If you don't know what they are been taken to court for, you can only speculate. It could be due to many reasons, not paying there server bills, staff not been paid? A customer dispute? The list could go on, who knows... I rather not make assumptions.

Far as I know solving captchas remotely or even via 3rd parties is not illegal. Many disabled people have to rely on services like this, as some captcha types do not come with audio versions for the blind, or alternative methods for the blind and hearing impaired (if they are both). I'd say it's likely to be illegal if services (recaptcha/solvemedia/etc) do not provide disability solutions to there captchas services. Illegal in the sense of anti discrimination laws or disability acts.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 24.07.2012, 20:29
Black Hole

The file hoster sites are probably looking for a loophole to block captchatrader since it circumvents their ads, etc.

They probably want to claim that the captchas themselves are property of the licensed user of the captcha service (the file hoster) and those captchas can not be presented in an unauthorized manner such as on a 3rd party site or software.

That's just my speculation based on nothing, but it would be the typical kind of dispute I would expect.
Old 25.07.2012, 03:43
Wind Gust

I find it very suspicious that captchatrader is not going to post any official statement. or did I miss one?
even their twitter account is deleted from one they to the other. what legal action would force them to delete a twitter account?! thats more than odd..

if i were captchatrader, being used by thousands of users, I would try to find a channel to communicate with them and tell them what's going on... and won't delete the twitter account or giving messages out only to selective people via email...

so because they are not doing it this way, I assume they're either in deep shit, or their entire system is only about fooling users.
Old 25.07.2012, 15:17
jsquire2

I had a look at google's cache for captchatrader's twitter and from what I could work out, they actually deleted it 6 months ago so I'm thinking thats unrelated.

Regardless, they don't seem to have made any effort to inform users of the situation or when the problem might be resolved.

Perhaps they know that their business cannot continue due to civil or criminal proceedings and so the only effect publicizing their problems will have is to encourage a greater number of customers to request refunds.

It does seem rather unlikely or unprofessional that they don't have backups of their website.

If they did then someone else could restart the service with a different domain name and make use of the existing user base of solvers and software which has been written to make use of the service.
Old 25.07.2012, 21:04
Lord Lommel

The Twitter account was deleted in the last days. But it as inactive for several months.
Old 25.07.2012, 23:32
Deathman

This ir really sad... It was a good way to solve captchas...

I don't know what happened, and I find all of this very strange...

I want to ask all of you, anyone knows a service like captchatrader besides captcha brotherhood???
Old 25.07.2012, 23:46
Community Manager

Alternatives:
captchabot.com
bypasscaptcha.com
beatcaptchas.com
ocrhood.gazcad.com
deathbycaptcha.com
imagetyperz.com
expertdecoders.com
decaptcher.org
captchamonster.com

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 25.07.2012 at 23:54.
Old 26.07.2012, 00:09
ministrobension

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Alternatives:
captchabot.com
bypasscaptcha.com
beatcaptchas.com
ocrhood.gazcad.com
deathbycaptcha.com
imagetyperz.com
expertdecoders.com
decaptcher.org
captchamonster.com

GreeZ pspzockerscene
do some of this services have jd plugin?

thanks in advance, best regards

MB
Old 26.07.2012, 00:22
Community Manager

I don't know.
Some days ago, someone posted a plugin for " deathbycaptcha.com" here in the forum.
All of those services have APIs so making a plugin for them should be relatively easy...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.07.2012, 07:24
mimo2002

waiting for good solution.
Old 27.07.2012, 07:54
Deathman

Thanks!

But as I can see, captchatrader was the best options... The others are too expensive or doesn't work with jdownloader, etc...

I miss captchatrader :(
Old 27.07.2012, 13:46
Docc77

Is there any other service where i do not have to by credits? I want to earn credits by solving captchas. So that i can use them to download with jdownloader.
Old 27.07.2012, 21:56
ctsorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docc77 View Post
Is there any other service where i do not have to by credits? I want to earn credits by solving captchas. So that i can use them to download with jdownloader.
Captcha Brotherhood apparently works with credits like CT did. Unfortunately it's Windows only, unlike CT, so I can't say whether it works or not. I asked as few days ago over in their thread if anyone plans on porting to Linux (which would also probably result in it working on Mac) or releasing the source, but no response as yet.
Old 28.07.2012, 03:15
Black Hole

Yeah, another Vote for a similar Mac compatible option where you can earn credits. Wasn't JD also making their own captcha tool? I seem to remember mention of that.
Old 28.07.2012, 15:58
Community Manager

Yep but our captcha tool won't be ready in the near future.
Note that (nearly) all the services i've mentioned above have APIs.
Those APIs work independant from your OS!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 31.07.2012, 20:01
Dumah Brazorf

Damned captchatrader... 've had to switch so i've chosen from the list deathbycaptcha because has similar price and similar api's so my little application has needed only few modification.
I'm using it since a couple of days and it seems working pretty better than the old trader.

I think i've made a mess with verbs...
Old 01.08.2012, 17:53
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumah Brazorf View Post
Damned captchatrader... 've had to switch so i've chosen from the list deathbycaptcha because has similar price and similar api's so my little application has needed only few modification.
I'm using it since a couple of days and it seems working pretty better than the old trader.

I think i've made a mess with verbs...
The Problem with deathbycaptcha is (correct me if I'm wrong!) that you can't just solve captcha's for yourself to earn credits which you can then spend on solving JDs captchas.

I don't want to buy credits. I just want to solve captchas myself to earn the amound of credits I need. deathbycaptcha seems not to support this idea.

so I'm currently stuck with captcha brotherhood, even though it's far from perfect.
Old 24.08.2012, 22:19
Freakza

i miss captchatrader too, it was easy to use.

anyone knew how deathbycaptcha solve their captchas? by hand?
Old 17.09.2012, 20:39
Fo4RaX

I know this is speculating but I think the illegal part in it, is that those automated captchas were used by spammers and maybe fake purchases etc.
Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue how it could be illegal

Didn't use their service that much but they'll be missed nonetheless!
Don't expect them to come back... remember megaupload? Exactly...

RIP CT
Old 17.09.2012, 20:47
Community Manager

Anyways, i'll close this now.
There are enough other captcha solving sites which probably provideo the same quality and similar prices and all of them have APIs!
See the captcha thread!

GreeZ pspzockerscene *closed*

Spoiler:

Quote:
Closed Thread