JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.01.2022, 16:07
Community Manager

@dave9
Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perene View Post
Hold on, I need to ask why TeamViewer would be of any help.
Using Teamviewer I can finally see exactly what you're doing so if you mistakenly missed to tell us an important issue I will see it then.

Quote:
I didn't check the way this program works until last night and after my last message. This software gives full access to someone's computer. It's as if you were here sitting in my chair.
Exactly.
You're already using our application on your machine so you already kind of trust us.
It is up to you if you want to have this solved or not.

Quote:
For obvious reasons I can't allow that without removing all sensitive data, which would probably need DAYS...
I don't see any obvious reasons here.
Just setup a virtual machine if that is so important to you.

Quote:
Would also have to set up a specific GD account in the browser that I may create now and then add to JDW.
You don't have to do this but if it's important for you, yes.

Quote:
The thing is, even if I do all I am saying or do nothing and let you run this program, you wouldn't advance one bit into discovering or fixing anything.
How do I know that?
You don't know it at all.
If you do not trust us we can stop here and wait until you or someone else of the community either fixes this issue (we're open source) or lets us investigate it properly.
Just search our forum for the keyword "Teamviewer" and you will see that it is a common practice to use this (not only by our support...).
Also you can see exactly what we are doing on your machine and you can revoke access at any moment...

Quote:
The ammount of evidence posted here and now this other user saying the same suggests the plugin broke.
No. Again:
I do believe you - no need for any kind of proofs!
The only real proof is the content of your log and I've seen that...

Quote:
Unless you are implying I needed to format my SSD and reinstall Windows 11 too, just to check if the plugin would work after that.
Again:
This will definitely not fix your issue!

Quote:
Also can't be due to my IP because in here the ISP changes it every X days and I did that myself.
Sure it can still be an ISP block. Google is well aware which ISP you're using no matter which IP you currently have.

Quote:
I can download as much as I want from all other (new) URLs. Except old and resourcekey.
No new information...

Quote:
The problem described here is if the Google Drive link is in this condition (resourcekey/dated 2018 or older), you can't download it directly after adding to JDOWNLOADER.
Again:
How do you expect us to fix it without your help and without the ability to reproduce it?
If you can answer this question, you're my hero!

Quote:
That creates a huge problem for people like me, since I have to visit HUNDREDS of now "broken" links before hitting "DOWNLOAD".
No new information...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 18.01.2022 at 16:15. Reason: Improved wording
Old 18.01.2022, 22:07
JD Adviser

Just a thought, if somehow you are implying this is the case:

https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...cked-by-google

I can assure you this in no way has any relationship with what is going on.

Unless using Google's public DNS (for IPV6, too) is what you meant by their "way" of detecting me. If that's the case the reason I do this is due to some websites being blocked by ISPs and this is how I "fix" that.

I went to my ISP modem to change the DNS to Google's, so ALL machines are relying on it.

OpenDNS and others are not worth because where I am they are slower than Google (articles say the same), no question about it (perhaps not too bad if you live close to them).

Still, that wouldn't account for this issue. Same for changing my MAC address.

It's funny to even suggest that, considering that JDW can download hundreds of gigabytes, except the links we are complaining.

And you seem to ignore the fact that other user is 100% different from me in every regard, starting with the IP address he uses it.

There's also this crucial detail: I always run CCleaner and erase every possible trace. I even do that in the Opera browser which had those cookies exported to JDW.

In fact, I just did this again half an hour ago. Restarted everything. Cleaned all devices this way. Had to log here again after.

Google couldn't possibly be detecting me through JDownloader. And if they were, you would suggest me to format this hard drive, because that would get rid of the "trace", too. Or check Java, anything of the sort.

So far you only said you believe in the evidence, not what you think is going on.

It defies logic that Google can make use of their resources to "detect and block automated tools" like yours, in this fashion.

The minute you change your dynamic IP and tries another link from another account this should never happen. Especially if it's the 1st attempt.

I was thinking you were going to suggest some modification in JDW's advanced settings. Which it wouldn't make sense, it would indicate default ones are not working for this goal.

What all of this looks like is that I and that user either have a very bad luck with * specific * Google links or your computer is the lucky one, capable of making this work.

I am going to stick with "Occam's Razor" principle which states that the simplest explanation is preferable to one that is more complex. Simple theories are easier to verify. In other words, we should avoid looking for excessively complex solutions to a problem, and focus on what works given the circumstances.

I suggest you try elsewhere and not in your own system because the only odd result here is yours saying these old/resourcekey links are working as they should.

Probably your computer is the one "rigged", not ours to affirm the plugin is broken. Your way of testing and checking is flawed.

One user says it could not download (and had no GD account configured in JDW), and I say the same even after ADDING one.

We can't be both wrong and you correct.

Last edited by Perene; 19.01.2022 at 00:12.
Old 19.01.2022, 13:52
Community Manager

Quote:
Just a thought, if somehow you are implying this is the case:

https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...cked-by-google
No I'm not implying this otherwise I'd have linked that article myself.
Please stop this offtopic and either provide the necessary info so we can help you or wait until someone else does.

To be absolutely clear:
In most of all cases it is already hard to fix issues that you can't reproduce.
In your case it's impossible.

The rest of your post is again absolutely irrelevant and responding to it in detail like I did until now would be a waste of time.

Quote:
We can't be both wrong and you correct.
I've never claimed this.

I'll repeat myself again:
If you want to get this resolved, do one of the following things:
1. Contact us again via support@jdownloader.org and ask for a Teamviewer session.
or:
2. Setup a proxy on your machine and give us access to that.
If you don't know how, either find that out or use option 1.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 19.01.2022, 21:28
JD Beta

@all

I can't believe anyone is so advice resistant

@@>>>>>>>Perene<<<<<<<
If you want to get this resolved, do what psp suggests

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
I'll repeat myself again:
If you want to get this resolved, do one of the following things:
1. Contact us again via support@jdownloader.org and ask for a Teamviewer session.
or:
2. Setup a proxy on your machine and give us access to that.
If you don't know how, either find that out or use option 1.

-psp-

Wenn ihr mich sucht mein zu Hause ist das Netz, das World Wide Web. Bin hier und dort und nirgendwo und behalt die Fäden des "Netzes" immer in der Hand.©ws

Last edited by webspider[GER]; 19.01.2022 at 21:30.
Old 20.01.2022, 02:35
JD Adviser

@webspider[GER] Then by all means volunteer your machine to be fully inspected. -psp- can also provide you with all links I posted.

I am not going to bother preparing my PC twice, it would probably take me less time to preview 2000 links instead of indulging a TeamViewer session.

There's plenty of evidence this bug is affecting ALL JDW users.

Every single one of them.

With all due respect, you need to cut the crap and accept this as a fact.

So far 3 users claimed the same. Others are probably not complaining yet either because this is a recent issue or they are trying 2019 or newer links. How many are there?

Even Mipony could not download old resourcekey URLs. But it could new ones!

I tried all these:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Creating a new DLC and adding to both JDW and Mipony.

This is what they both showed:

https://i.postimg.cc/G29bXs9f/PROOF1.png

https://i.postimg.cc/qRY4SM3v/PROOF2.png

Mipony is in no way different than your program.

So if another software is incapable of downloading what is public, then what else is there for you to investigate?

These old links are not public anymore. Well, in a way they are, if programs like yours don't try to mess with them.

In order to download them you need a GD account configured in JDW and also that login active in your browser; next, do a preview of the file (quickly) before you try in JDW.

Once you preview, then Google grants you until the end of time access to that URL.

That's what was needed to reverse this status.

And I discovered that myself, because the creator of this program didn't know this.

But that's not a fix. It's a pathetic way of sending a signal to JDW so it can start the download. You might as well close JDW and use any other download manager.

I don't think, for example, this works for a folder with lots of files, because there is no folder preview.

Find someone else to help with fixing this because I only came here to report an issue.

Last edited by Perene; 20.01.2022 at 04:23.
Old 20.01.2022, 16:58
Community Manager

Quote:
Then by all means volunteer your machine to be fully inspected.
That's just wrong. You can see exactly what's going on by simply looking on your monitor while the Teamviewer session is active.
Instead of writing yet another post, you could have put that time into setting up a virtual machine to solve your self inflicted issue to not trust us when it comes to Teamviewer sessions...

Quote:
I am not going to bother preparing my PC twice, it would probably take me less time to preview 2000 links instead of indulging a TeamViewer session.
Setting up a Windows 10 VM takes me 10 minutes.
If you're inexperienced, you might need an hour...so what?

Quote:
With all due respect, you need to cut the crap and accept this as a fact.
So far 3 users claimed the same. Others are probably not complaining yet either because this is a recent issue or they are trying 2019 or newer links. How many are there?
I will accept the following as a fact:
- You've reported an issue that we cannot reproduce
- Yes some other users can reproduce it but none of them is willing to let us investigate it the way we need to
- We were trying to help you but you didn't trust us
- We've discussed all options you have...and yet you expect us to fix this issue without any way to reproduce it and you keep posting new replies with zero new information that could help fixing this issue

Quote:
Mipony is in no way different than your program.
So what?
Maybe their support is able to help you without being able to reproduce it.
I'd love to see it solved (I'm serious) so go and ask them.

Quote:
So if another software is incapable of downloading what is public, then what else is there for you to investigate?
There is nothing I can investigate because I can't reproduce it.

Quote:
And I discovered that myself, because the creator of this program didn't know this.
We're supporting over 3500 websites.
There is no way for us to know every behavior of every website especially if it's different for you and me (again: all of your URLs are working fine here).

Quote:
You might as well close JDW and use any other download manager.
Seems like a possible solution for your issue, yes.

Quote:
Find someone else to help with fixing this because I only came here to report an issue.
That.
So can we leave this thread open for other users or will you continue to post your theories about the cause of this issue in this thread daily?
I'll leave it open for now but I do not want any new replies unless they're actually helpful for finding the cause of this issue...

@all
Please only contact us again about this particular issue if you are willing to do one of the following two things for us:
1. Provide a proxy so that we can use your IP to try to see if that is enough to reproduce this issue.
and/or:
2. Do a Teamviewer session for us.
You do not have to prepare anything in beforehand as we do respect your privacy and you can see exactly what we're doing by simply watching your monitor and you can close the Teamviewer session at any time.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.03.2022, 18:58
JD Adviser

New log:

07.03.22 13.50.57 <--> 07.03.22 13.53.26 jdlog://8246925302851/

This time I specifically added OLD (resourcekey) and new links to JDW. And put the OLD in the "OLD" (labeled) package, the new ones (not resourcekey) in the "NEW" one that I told JDW to create in my hard drive.

Guess what? Again JDW downloaded ALL new, and rejected the old/resourcekey.

The difference is that now JDW says "plugin outdated" for all resourcekey URLs.

If you want to try the same links that I did (in case the log doesn't show this), this is the full list:

OLD:

NEW:

In short, the problem remains the same after all this time.

And right now I have another suspicion:

That JDW is refusing to download the old/resourcekey URLs even if we previously access them using the browser, with the free GD account configured inside JDW.

So in other words, if I have 1000 remaining old GD links, I would need to manually download each one. Using IDM.

P.S. Please check the "plugin outdated" message (a print from my computer):

https://i.postimg.cc/bqB96pHF/OLD.jpg

P.S.2: the problem is not exclusive to JDW. Mipony also refuses to download the old/resourcekey. But it can do this with all NEW.

Last edited by Perene; 07.03.2022 at 19:02.
Old 07.03.2022, 19:10
Community Manager

Fixed.
This time it was a similar issue to the one that broke our plugin last time.
Using the API should again have work-arounded it

Bitte auf das nächste CORE-Update warten!

Please wait for the next CORE-Update!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.03.2022, 20:52
JD Adviser

Thanks, it's working now! Glad to see this finally fixed.

I remember these resourcekeys not different from any other link until the moment I created this thread.

I hope I can download all remaining files from Google servers and do a backup elsewhere. Too many bugs and similar issues wasting everyone's time, and now even Google accounts are being randomly disabled (they told this was fixed, but it sometimes comes back. The account is returned if we log into again).

I don't recommend anyone relying on this company. If you have emails there use their "takeout" feature to avoid any data loss.
Old 08.03.2022, 14:30
Community Manager

Quote:
Thanks, it's working now! Glad to see this finally fixed.
Thanks for your feedback but keep this in mind:
This was not (!) the issue you initially reported!
This one was easy to find (1 character in one line of code) and is not related to your other reports.

Quote:
I remember these resourcekeys not different from any other link until the moment I created this thread.
That's correct.

Quote:
I don't recommend anyone relying on this company. If you have emails there use their "takeout" feature to avoid any data loss.
I'm not sure about that.
I haven't ever had any issues with GoogleDrive for private use.
Are you paying for any of their services or are you only using it for free?

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.03.2022, 18:21
JD Adviser

It may not be related but somehow you fixed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
I'm not sure about that.
I haven't ever had any issues with GoogleDrive for private use.
Are you paying for any of their services or are you only using it for free?

-psp-
As for Google randomly disabling accounts (the entire accounts, not just limited to DRIVE), this is a bug that I hope it will be 100% fixed, however I still detected happening in a few of my accounts less than a week ago. You need to log into them again to return them back to normal.

Not only that, if you happen to own multiple accounts and don't log often, Google in a retarded way thinks you are a hacker trying to gain access to it. They lock you out of the account as if you were trying to breach Area 51.

They have a 2 year inactivity period (more than all other services I researched - after that period the content is deleted, yet the account remains OK), and beyond that, you'll be unable to return to the account without informing a cellphone number to receive a SMS validation code, which cannot be reused in more than 2, 3 accounts. Perhaps not even 2.

So even if the account has no phone number inside it (never had a phone configured to ALL OF THEM, especially for account recovery, only an alternate email), you'll be forced to inform one after Google says "we didn't recognize your device".

And if it's reused Google will lock you out of the account and you'll need to wait DAYS to try again.

I managed to bypass this by using one of those free phone number creation date services, similar to TEXTNOW. But you know how these work: they may be blacklisted for good by GOOGLE, something that already happened with Tinder, for example (good luck finding one which work there).

Which means you would have to buy a new phone number just to return to one of these accounts.

Since I created plenty of free GD accounts, I am right now downloading all contents from ALL of them and doing a backup elsewhere. It would take me forever to log into each one of them anyway (even if it's every 2 years), so I am avoiding this, too.

The problem is, try to organize Terabytes worth of data if you only have a single 1 TB SSD, it takes days to download + upload where you want (if it's imposing a bandwith cap) and organize all data.

It took me a lot more time ever since the JDW plugin stopped working for these old links.
Old 11.03.2022, 18:29
Community Manager

Quote:
They have a 2 year inactivity period (more than all other services I researched - after that period the content is deleted, yet the account remains OK), and beyond that, you'll be unable to return to the account without informing a cellphone number to receive a SMS validation code, which cannot be reused in more than 2, 3 accounts. Perhaps not even 2.
It's no news that Google made adding a phone number kinda mandatory.

Quote:
So even if the account has no phone number inside it (never had a phone configured to ALL OF THEM, especially for account recovery, only an alternate email), you'll be forced to inform one after Google says "we didn't recognize your device".
Yap I can confirm that.

Quote:
And if it's reused Google will lock you out of the account and you'll need to wait DAYS to try again.
I've never had this problem.

Quote:
I managed to bypass this by using one of those free phone number creation date services, similar to TEXTNOW. But you know how these work: they may be blacklisted for good by GOOGLE, something that already happened with Tinder, for example (good luck finding one which work there).
Which means you would have to buy a new phone number just to return to one of these accounts.
Here in Germany it's easy to get 100% free prepaid SIM cards which is always a better solution than using such free services.
Often those "public" numbers are already blacklisted by most of all services.

Quote:
The problem is, try to organize Terabytes worth of data if you only have a single 1 TB SSD, it takes days to download + upload where you want (if it's imposing a bandwith cap) and organize all data.
Maybe a local server or a paid backup service would be the better solution for your needs.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: