JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.02.2013, 15:46
rrogntudjû

The best thing on this forum is when you say the truth about the installer after when you have a question and you open a thread about problems or bugs you have confirmation what developers or supporters really regret this situation ot those who don't care people are infected and prefer to make cash without any remorse. The first continue to respond, others only read or censor. It says a lot about what they have always affirmed for the same kind of threads for several years... i prefer not to dig up some old posts, i think they would be very uncomfortable.
Old 22.02.2013, 21:29
Community Manager

@cyberwast
A path...without any other information...

@rrogntudjû
Go on, keep this thread up so people can see it, we will not censor

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 22.02.2013, 23:30
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@rrogntudjû
Never, i post just sometimes only after new posts for people who have always their threads merged will not feel abandoned. For censorship it's the same like for adware and malware, we have not the same interpretation and you can't see all also

Edit: what about?
Quote:
I'm on it.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 23.02.2013 at 00:19.
Old 24.02.2013, 01:36
cyberwast

Quote:
@cyberwast
A path...without any other information...

@rrogntudjû

GreeZ pspzockerscene
I'm quoting myself again, if this is not "enough" information for you:

Quote:
Yesterday my girlfriend asked me which program she could use to download videos from You Tube. Since I've been a user of old JD versions, I suggested her this program and sent her the link for jdownloader.org. I had installed it in another computer just a few days ago, but I always go into advanced mode when I install and un-check/pass every crap most programs want to install in the computer.

I forgot to tell her about this, so she obviously went into default install, which installs every program aside of JD. That's when hell began. Publicity popping out all over the place, huge slow down, toolbars occupying space...every bad thing that could happen, happened.

She tried to solve it during the night, until the operating system wouldn't start anymore.

I wanna thank JD developers for filling my girlfriend's computer full of malware. It's her tool of work and as for today, she'll be in deep trouble to fullfill the deadlines she has in university. I also want to make you FULLY responsible if I otherwise happen to have any kind of malware as a result of installing JD, even if I always reject any other software other than the one I intend to install.

Finally, I want to congratulate you for somehow converting a really nice freeware program into a bag of malware only for your profit purposes.

I will proceed to uninstall this "software" from all of my computers.
Old 24.02.2013, 19:15
Community Manager

Try that:
chip.de/downloads/Should-I-Remove-It_60680509.html
or "AdwCleaner"

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.02.2013, 21:27
soisbasura

Quote:
Try that:
chip.de/downloads/Should-I-Remove-It_60680509.html
or "AdwCleaner"

GreeZ psp
I can't really understand how you can think suggesting those tools is any solution for this problem on JDownloader.

And for the people that are proud of not getting infected and don't have the minor respect for the people that are facing this issue, which is very very very serious issue I really hope they get soon infected if not because of JDownloader with any other software with the same shit policy on spreading malware. Only then they will understand that supporting software that are involved on spreading malware doesn't worth it. Some people is the only language they understand, until they they don't see the wall just in front of their eyes, no matter how many people is warning them.

Last edited by soisbasura; 27.02.2013 at 21:32.
Old 01.03.2013, 16:49
disgruntled_employee

Default How to get rid of the Delta Toolbar

Hi all,

yesterday I had the pleasure of being infected by the "Delta Toolbar" after using the JDownloader installer.

1) JDownloader is a fine piece of software. I use it for more than a year now and I wish to say "Thank you!" to all people who invest their time and efforts.

2) JDownloader had a good reputation with me until yesterday. Gaining trust and a good reputation takes years, loosing it takes only seconds. Bundling JDownloader with a crapware installer is like wrapping a gem in used toilet paper. Does this software deserve this?

3) Here you can find instructions on how to remove the toolbar:
malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-delta-search

After running all the anti-malware programs, you should be fine.

To restore Firefox's behaviour when opening a new tab, open "about:config" and search for "browser.newtab.url". Reset this value. Search for everything with "Delta" and reset the value if it points to their website.

Good luck

Last edited by disgruntled_employee; 01.03.2013 at 16:52.
Old 02.03.2013, 15:44
Community Manager

"AdwCleaner" should help

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 08.03.2013, 02:32
ReXTaR

hi... what is? or what do? elevate32.exe???
in JDownloader 2.0\tools\Windows\elevate
Old 08.03.2013, 14:41
rrogntudjû

Default Cogitas ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXTaR View Post
hi... what is? or what do? elevate32.exe???
in JDownloader 2.0\tools\Windows\elevate
Another trick generously provided by Bill Stewart: westmesatech.com/misctools.html

Elevate32.exe (x86) and Elevate64.exe (x64) let you run a program elevated in Windows Vista and later, optionally wait for it to complete, and get the program's exit code. IsElevated32.exe (x86) and IsElevated64.exe (x64) lets you test whether you're running elevated. (127,964 bytes; 21 Apr 2010)

Thanks Goglol :D

Edit: just thinking, no need to be suspicious don't worry

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 08.03.2013 at 15:11. Reason: ???
Old 25.03.2013, 20:32
rrogntudjû

Default "I know but you can't tell me that there is no way to remove it."

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=45651

It happened when i removed it!
Old 25.03.2013, 21:20
Community Manager

Merged adware stuff threads.
@rrogntudjû
Well then contact coalado in our support chat and also make sure you REALLY removed it

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

Next time you open such a thread I'll just give you another warning.
This is no place for spam and if there is already a thread about a topic you want to discuss, use it.
If you want to discuss about statements posted by one of our supporters such as me, contact him directly via PM...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.03.2013, 00:48
rrogntudjû

Lightbulb Printable version

Quote:
Merged adware stuff threads.
@rrogntudjû
Well then contact coalado in our support chat and also make sure you REALLY removed it

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

Next time you open such a thread I'll just give you another warning.
This is no place for spam and if there is already a thread about a topic you want to discuss, use it.
If you want to discuss about statements posted by one of our supporters such as me, contact him directly via PM...
A Team opened a game to make users happy...

Like some... i wanted to play but unfortunately it was not possible, "les dés étaient pipés" (don't know the expression in English). Dice were "pipés" because among hundreds of keys even specific tools cannot remove all or probably like in my case can cause little damages. That's why i asked you post the right solutions to remove correctly the hidden shit, you said you were on it but it's not true. I am not a geek in unwanted crap you can laugh if you want lol. Sure a cat with Coalado should be nice but for all like for me a post would have been better when it was time. About damages not still sure it was due to the toolbar but when i wanted to discuss that see your response here: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=43621

I just talked about "injustice" and you talk about "warning"... another proof you REALLY don't care the consequence of your "bugs"! Search still the error. You're totally right when you open a game to change nicknames, for example "Full Member" like me make no sense when we know what you are capable :D You should realize people concerned can read each of your answers, even if you have chosen to allow them only one place to enjoy them.

PS: Except an honest installer to avoid it next year try to open a game all users are equal and reserve spoilers only for they are made please. Things we judge important should not be HIDDEN.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 26.03.2013 at 08:51. Reason: PS
Old 26.03.2013, 09:32
r76567

Default Interesting

A installer, bundlet with malware, is a really bad way to earn money!

Dear JD-Developers,

you are making very good work!
Please end your business connection to this malware-spreading crime organisation.

There are a few other(legal) ways too pay this very good project.

Either way:
Thanks for this Project

P.s.:
1. A security Auditor told me, that a corrupted system cannot be cleaned by "Malware-Cleaner"(sometimes it works, but most times...)
2. A software-dev, tried to explain me, how hard it was for devs, too find a good "Installer-Solution"! -sometimes it´s a hard way.
Old 29.03.2013, 00:56
rrogntudjû

Default REALLY disappointed

Another warning by Think3R, never expire this one... reason: "you know why, stop it". Sorry to say that here but i made a lot of translations for other teams, never seen people ungrateful like this. For apologies for damages on my computer the only response i have had: "Hopeless..." Sure i'll stop of course.
Old 01.04.2013, 04:09
ColdCrow

Default Installing jdownload installed spyware

I installed jdownloader tonight and I unchecked all the other software add ons and it still installed toolbars, and crap I couldn't even uninstall. Thanks a lot! I just restored to a windows back up before I installed your software and spyware. I am not downloading this again.
Old 05.04.2013, 08:49
Baby Loader

Been a supporter of jdownloader for years, downloaded new version tonight and yes there it is, software add ons , I'm gone.
Old 05.04.2013, 19:19
ReXTaR

Maybe you should try the offline installer ....I've always used those appearing here http://jdownloader.org/download/offlineand I have not had those problems cited spywares or adwares or likeingwares ...but each user their taste, Greetings ...
Old 06.04.2013, 00:17
arielcoh

Default Spybot PUPSC msg

Good day

I ran SPYBOT today and got an PUPSC alert with the following details:

JDownloader: [SBI $01C58A36] Program directory (Directory, nothing done)

C:\Program Files\JDownloader

Could anyone advise what to do?? Thanks!!!
Old 06.04.2013, 00:43
Spanish Supporter

Only delete the file Toolbar.exe, It's a false positive.
Old 06.04.2013, 03:21
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
Only delete the file Toolbar.exe, It's a false positive.
How its possible a supporter can give this kind of advice?? and how can you affirm toolbar.exe is a false positive? it's absolutely not possible to know what crapware is hidden inside, the .exe can be changed each update and can be different on each setup.

@arielcoh

Do not delete it, just do not touch it, never click on it! If you delete it it's useless cause each update JD(2) automatically re-download it so you increase the possibility to make an error and to have your machine infected by an adware or worse, nobody knows.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 06.04.2013 at 04:19.
Old 06.04.2013, 04:21
Spanish Supporter

Do I need to wait for another edit of your post? You've edited your post four or more times.
Old 06.04.2013, 04:23
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
Do I need to wait for another edit of your post? You've edited your post four or more times.
I have finished you can answer now
Old 06.04.2013, 04:33
Spanish Supporter

When you have free time, learn how to do reverse engineering, and learn how to disassemble executables. Like I did.

When you have learned to do that, use MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2( 256, 384, 512), RIPEMD-160, PANAMA, TIGER, ADLER32, CRC32.
Old 06.04.2013, 04:45
rrogntudjû

Read the disassemblage here: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44832
Old 06.04.2013, 04:49
Spanish Supporter

Learn to do that I said, and give me your own answer.
Old 06.04.2013, 04:56
rrogntudjû

Arrow My answer

@arielcoh

Do not delete it, just do not touch it, never click on it! If you delete it it's useless cause each update JD(2) automatically re-download it so you increase the possibility to make an error and to have your machine infected by an adware or worse, nobody knows, except maybe Lram32.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 06.04.2013 at 05:06.
Old 06.04.2013, 19:02
Baby Loader

Thanks Rextar for the link to a cleaner download of Jdownloader & to the poster who suggested adwcleaner download for removal of toolbars etc., this worked very well. If the $ generated from the adware is that necessary, at least make it obvious when you go to install, give the user a yes or no click here choice, like Java.
Old 07.04.2013, 01:34
doubleT

Installed Jdownloader today, after so many people recommended it. I used the installer, unchecked the add ons and suddenly there was Delta Search in all my browsers. Firefox, Chrome, and so on. Startpage, search bar and toolbar ...
Plus two entries in Windows Programs. Tried to deinstall, tried to remove the toolbars and search bars, tried to reset the startpages in the browsers. After restarting the browser, Delta Search was everywhere all over it again.

F**k that! Now I have to get out my latest backup, thanks a lot.

Your Jdownloader may be top, but the installer is just crap.

I'm not supporting someone with this malicious attitude, so I'm not even trying the other installation.
Old 07.04.2013, 22:29
Baby Loader

Also JDownloader now seems to be flagged as Spyware by the newest spyware definitions of Spybot Search&Destroy.
Old 09.04.2013, 19:54
Ultra Loader

Default Delta/Babylon Toolbar

This Delta/Babylon tool bar installation is included in your webinstaller, why do you want to make your user suffer? This is a malware and once got into your computer, it is almost impossible to remove. Please be nice to your users and don't include this malware in your installation.

Thanks
Old 09.04.2013, 20:48
Community Manager

Merged Adware threads...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.04.2013, 01:02
ReXTaR

I can not understand how it is that "all these people" say almost the same ... but I have more than two years with the program and have never had these problems ... Priorities should be better where they click, sometimes down 2 or 3 different versions of the program being offered by other ... but just in case I went to the original source ... I'd better not come to say that the program does not work, just because they do not have enough knowledge to navigate through the internet ... just complain but do not give solutions, why not add some technical support message using antivirus as I did previously or not indicating in detail what steps followed to become infected, or rather, check that the program infects computers. ...
are just as fools, who believe they are in a social network, where you do not need to contribute anything and just use it as entertainment ... This space has a certain seriousness, necessary to meet the needs of users who like to manage your downloads ...
If you doubt what a file is or does, you must first inform you, go to the experts, if you are paying for your service antivirus or adware, you can request that it be reviewed technically ...
if you visit multiple pages, downloading and / or using warez, you're always at risk of becoming infected or of false positives ...
before surfing the internet, make sure you have the tools to do it safely ...
Greetings ...
Old 10.04.2013, 02:20
Ultra Loader

These is nothing wrong with the program Jdownloader itself. I have been using it for 3 years. When I installed it there was no malware included, I just bought a new laptop and downloaded their new install file from their own site, and it was full of malware. The problem is that they are cleverly worded, even if you think you have said not to install, the malware is in your system already.
Old 11.04.2013, 05:22
rrogntudjû

@Lord Slayer ++

If so many JD's users open threads about malicious installations its not because they are stupids or ignorants as you said, like Conrad said: bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22093141 its just because they are not afraid to report them here, no TABOO here. He said its worse since these criminals now turn their attentions to mobile devices, which most of the time for a lot of reasons are not securized at all, and can not be cleaned except with formatting. Really really dangerous this kind of malwares in advertising, not only a question of surf ignorance or candid internet attitude. This advertising industry is CRIMINAL! Silent installs without our knownledge its not a game, we can't know what is installed really! and for the moment as you can read on recent previous posts (and some which have not still being merged) malicious installs are always in use, its not solved, this thread is not solved.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 11.04.2013 at 07:30.
Old 11.04.2013, 18:33
ReXTaR

rrogntudjû
ok ... I understand your discomfort, you are more an activist than a solver and not presume to judge or offend, I explain how I see your reaction ... I realized recently that almost all pages have some kind of adware, malware or malicious code that is not in itself, but that may be conducive to misused by criminal industry ...
I did to fix it, change the Internet Explorer browser, the Opera browser ... change is considerably better in terms of speed and friendliness to configure, this is where I realize that there are extensions to monitor you know, there is a small extension called Ghostery **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** helps you to "see" codes in the pages or objects and can block all or none ...
Back to stress, you complain and criticize the program, but do not give solutions, for example if the installer are including programs or pages that are evil, why do you not offer a list of sponsors that help the program and are not malignant ? ...
if you really care, offers solutions ... passion is good, but you have to channel it best ...
Greetings ...
Old 12.04.2013, 00:20
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by goll2 View Post
Also JDownloader now seems to be flagged as Spyware by the newest spyware definitions of Spybot Search&Destroy.
Luckily. Hope this happen with more and more security programs. Would be great if malwarebytes make the same decision.

Quote:
rrogntudjû
ok ... I understand your discomfort, you are more an activist than a solver and not presume to judge or offend, I explain how I see your reaction ... I realized recently that almost all pages have some kind of adware, malware or malicious code that is not in itself, but that may be conducive to misused by criminal industry ...
I did to fix it, change the Internet Explorer browser, the Opera browser ... change is considerably better in terms of speed and friendliness to configure, this is where I realize that there are extensions to monitor you know, there is a small extension called Ghostery **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** helps you to "see" codes in the pages or objects and can block all or none ...
Back to stress, you complain and criticize the program, but do not give solutions, for example if the installer are including programs or pages that are evil, why do you not offer a list of sponsors that help the program and are not malignant ? ...
if you really care, offers solutions ... passion is good, but you have to channel it best ...
Greetings ...
@ReXTaR no one in here has to give solutions to people involved in criminal activities on how to earn money honestly.

The people that had seriously reported here that jDownloader is spreading malware, at least in my case, was to inform developers about that fact, just in case they don't know what the people that are in charge of that installer were doing.

And what has become clear is they don't care. They have been warned, they know they are spreading malware, and they bear with it, they haven't changed the installer. So they are part of that criminal business. No more no less.

If you happened to be one of those that have not been affected by the malware. Congrats. But try to respect the each time more and more and more people affected by this issue.

About "I realized recently that almost all pages have some kind of adware, malware or malicious code that is not in itself, but that may be conducive to misused by criminal industry", you are totally confused (and the almost all is just totally out of reality, unless you only visit those kind of malicious sites). The people that use those kind of advertisement know perfectly what they are doing and why they are earning a lot of money with that kind of advertisement systems, they just bear with it and are part of the criminals.

Last edited by soisbasura; 12.04.2013 at 00:28.
Old 12.04.2013, 00:27
ReXTaR

well ... if we talk about criminal activity, I think more than one used the program to download files that in some countries are illegal ....
Old 12.04.2013, 03:57
rrogntudjû

@Lord

Activism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism

"Some activists try to persuade people to change their behavior directly, rather than to persuade governments to change or not to change laws. Other activist try to persuade people to remain the same, in an effort to counter change..."

Some activists try to persuade people to change their behavior directly by giving them warnings etc etc, rather than to persuade governments to not change laws it works well for the moment... Other activist try to persuade people to remain the same, in an effort to counter truth.
Old 12.04.2013, 12:05
soisbasura

Quote:
well ... if we talk about criminal activity, I think more than one used the program to download files that in some countries are illegal ....
You can't be serious. So that justifies anything in your opinion.

So if for example I sell knifes and some people use the knifes to kill then it is totally justify that I deal with drugs. What and incredible logic

- Marking this issue as solved is not real, is a lie and doesn't do any good to anyone. More than once here had been said that they don't censor, but that is a way to censor too.

- Giving a software to clean the possible infection (which is not true, as that software is not going to solve all the infections) is not a real solution. That would be as a person shooting you and then telling you don't worry there are doctors.

- Giving alternative downloads is not a solution either. Is like using a mine field in a path regularly used and while lots of people continue being injured saying "don't worry there are alternative paths, I'm very clever I used an alternative path, if they don't use the alternative path must be only because they are stupid".

- For a lot of time the developers didn't replied to this thread because of Christmas holidays, when they did they told they were going to look for alternative ways of finance. Just worthless words.

If there were a real intention to help people to avoid this problem the download of jdownloader (which is marked as recommended) that is spreading malware would be a long time ago removed from the download page. And it is clear it hasn't when there are still recent reports in here.

Last edited by soisbasura; 12.04.2013 at 12:43.