JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.08.2022, 13:32
JD Fan

Default How to AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab?

How to AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab for a particular URL, ONCE the desired file has been added to the Downloads tab?

For instance, when pasting a Youtube link into jDownloader, it shows many files in LinkGrabber. I Select the video (.mp4) to download and would like that ONCE I do that, the remaining files get AUTOMATICALLY removed from the LinkGrabber tab (together with their parent folder containing such files; I mean, to automatically delete the full URL containing all such remaining files that were not selected).

I know that I can delete such files manually, but an automatic feature would be great.

I am using the latest version of jDownloader on macOS 12.5.1 (21G83) Monterey on Intel x86 Mac.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 26.08.2022 at 13:36.
Old 26.08.2022, 13:37
JD Manager

@jDoX: You can setup the yt plugin in Settings->Plugins->youtube.com and there you can disable the other types (images, subtitle...)Then you don't have to clean them up.
right now there is no support to auto remove the remaining files
Old 26.08.2022, 16:23
JD Fan

Many thanks!
Old 19.09.2022, 10:16
JD Fan

Further to my previous question above, how to do it (AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab) when the link does not belong o any of the servers shown at "jDownloader - Preferences - Plugins - Plugins - Please choose a plugin"? It is a blogspot.com server which has embedded videos.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 19.09.2022 at 11:43.
Old 19.09.2022, 12:01
JD Manager

@jDoX: I'm sorry but I don't understand. Maybe you can provide screenshot/example links and explain what exactly you want to achieve?
Old 19.09.2022, 13:16
JD Fan

Thanks for the quick reply. For instance, the following blogspot page

MACOS ON WINDOWS
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

contains two videos at the bottom of the page. Yet, pasting such blogspot link in jDownloader shows many files not wanted. I only want the ".mp4" movies in such pages. I have tried the procedure above, but many different files are shown in the LinkGrabber tab of jDownloader.
Old 19.09.2022, 15:15
JD Manager

@jDoX: for example you can setup a Settings->Linkgrabber Filter
Quote:
file type - is not - drop down(video file)
AND
sourceURL - contains - blogspot.com
the blogspot url is not supported by any plugin and therefore JDownloader will deepDecrypt and try to find anything usable
You can either use Linkgrabber Filter rules or setup LinkCrawler Rules, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...kcrawler-rules
and *teach* JDownloader how to handle unsupported websites and what content you're interested in

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:15.
Old 19.09.2022, 15:56
JD Fan

Thanks for the information. It would be great if jDownloader could support such site in the future.
Old 19.09.2022, 16:12
JD Manager

@jDoX: *such site* Blogspot is a blog, how should JDownloader know what content you are interested in
Your example link contains several images and videos, so you still would have to setup a filter anyway
You can easily setup your own Linkcrawler Rules for such sites/cases and *tell* JDownloader what content you want to download from them
Old 19.09.2022, 23:30
JD Fan

Thanks. What I meant is that in the same way that jDownloader works with Youtube to download all content, or just ".mp4" videos as I want (or whatever selected in Plugins), it would be great if jDownloader had also a plugin for blogspot. Then, it should be possible to do what I described.

Amazingly, jDownloader has 3799 plugins already, which is remarkable. Adding another one for blogspot would make jDownloader even more fantastic.
Old 20.09.2022, 17:10
JD Manager

@jDoX: I don't think that there will be a out-of-the-box blogspot plugin because blogspot is too generic as it is free to the writer how to include content and where this content is located. there is no real way to differ between the actual content /eg images you want to download or images that just part of the website.
If you just want to download videos from blogspot, the linkgrabber filter from here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...62&postcount=7 should do just fine
Old 21.09.2022, 13:25
JD Fan

Thanks, although I am lost when code is involved. I wonder if someone could do a GUI for it.
Old 21.09.2022, 13:38
JD Manager

@jDoX: I'm sorry but I don't understand? I already provided the solution for generic blogspot. the rule will filter out any non video files when you add blogsport links.
You don't have to code anything, just setup the rule from here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...62&postcount=7
Old 21.09.2022, 16:28
JD Fan

Thanks. By code I meant programming language, script or similar.

Such link goes to
Knowledgebase : LinkCrawler Rules
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...kcrawler-rules

And there I do not know what to do. Sorry for my ignorance. I do not know if that is possible, but a 1-2-3 step procedure for newbies would be most useful.
Old 21.09.2022, 16:46
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@jDoX: for example you can setup a Settings->Linkgrabber Filter
Quote:
AND
the blogspot url is not supported by any plugin and therefore JDownloader will deepDecrypt and try to find anything usable
You can either use Linkgrabber Filter rules
I did not mean LinkCrawler rule but this

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:15.
Old 21.09.2022, 20:10
JD Fan

Wow! Many thanks! Sorry that I did not understand before. Now it works (almost):

1. I understand that I can use
or
or both. Is that correct?

2. After using that, jDownloader shows videos in LinkGrabber (great!), but also many other spurious files that are not videos (which I do not want), even after selecting

File Name contains FirstPartOfNameHere*.mp4
File Size is between 1.00 MB 20 MB

All videos start with the same name, and then have extra characters. As far as I know, they are about 7 MB each, but I set a wider range, just in case.

How to force jDownloader to show only videos, and in particular .mp4 files only in LinkGrabber (as said, I only want them)?

3. jDownloader only shows up to four video files in LinkGrabber, but some pages contain more (one showing and others as links which redirect to other pages). Is it possible to force jDownloader to search for them and show all videos in a particular page and in the links in such page? All links belong to the same server.

In other words, there is an index page which has links for the pages (many; about 400) in which the videos are shown. What I would like is to paste the URL of such index page so that jDownloader can show all videos in the linked pages instead of just the one on such page and three more corresponding to the linked pages (1 + 3 = 4 in total). Is that possible? I guess that it should be possible, since, as said, jDownloader shows three of such linked videos (albeit not all 400 ones).

I can download all 400 videos manually, but it would be tedious and error-prone.

Thanks again for all.

Last edited by jDoX; 21.09.2022 at 20:23.
Old 21.09.2022, 20:12
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDoX View Post
1. I understand that I can use
or
or both. Is that correct?
You must use both conditions! because the rule should only be applied on blogsport.com, that the 2nd condition. and you only want to download video files, that the 1st condition.
It is AND I've updated my post

Quote:
3. jDownloader only shows up to four video files in LinkGrabber, but some pages contain more (one showing and others as links which redirect to other pages). Is it possible to force jDownloader to search for them and show all videos in a particular page and in the links in such page? All links belong to the same server.
Please provide example links as we have to check why JDownloader did not follow/find those

Quote:
In other words, there is an index page which has links for the pages (many; about 400; about 7 MB each) in which the videos are shown. What I would like is to paste the URL of such index page so that jDownloader can show all videos in the linked pages instead of just the one on such page and three more corresponding to the linked pages (1 + 3 = 4 in total). Is that possible? I guess that it should be, since, as said, jDownloader shows three of such linked videos (albeit not all 400 ones).
Please provide example links then we can check and provide better help/hints/solution

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:17.
Old 21.09.2022, 21:52
JD Fan

Thanks. In relation to topic 1 above, I have tested using both settings at the same time, but the results are the same as just with the first one, as reported above.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I do not know what. The link for the index page containing about 400 links for pages with videos (about 7 MB each) is:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks for all.
Old 22.09.2022, 16:13
JD Manager

Quote:
Thanks. In relation to topic 1 above, I have tested using both settings at the same time, but the results are the same as just with the first one, as reported above.
Can you please show a screenshot of the rule? works fine here, only the video files are getting added
And please provide example links! Maybe the video is embedded via different method and what you get are the individual segments of the stream.

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.09.2022 at 16:16.
Old 22.09.2022, 17:07
JD Fan

Thanks. The link containing all links (for about 400 videos) in a matrix of numbers on the top is

BTW, if possible, I would like to download each video with its web page (each video in a folder containing the video and its web page), with all of them showing the video name (folder, web page and video). For instance, the video 1 corresponds to this link which corresponds to the 1 in the top matrix of the above web page:

I am attaching five screen captures that can be downloaded from:

Since I think that it is not possible to embed them here.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 22.09.2022 at 17:22.