JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.04.2021, 16:16
Modem User

Default Rapidgator slowdown at 80%

Is anyone else experiencing a slowdown on Rapidgator when a file gets to 80% downloaded in Jdownloader2? I have been having this problem for a couple weeks, and it doesn't seem to happen when I manually download a file from rapidgator, and in JDownloader, it doesn't happen with other file hosters. It will go from full download speed to about 10kb/sec instanly once it hits about 80%
Old 09.04.2021, 16:25
JD Manager

What ISP are you using?
What firewall/av?
Are you using Fritzbox router?
Can you check if this keeps happening when you set a speed limit in JDownloader?
Old 10.04.2021, 03:25
Junior Loader

I've been experiencing the same problem for the past week or so. I figured that Rapidgator was doing something because I was running out of bandwidth. But I just extended my premium subscription and the same problem is happening.

I use Verizon FiOS Gigabit speed. It runs super fast until it slows to a crawl. Disabling and re-enabling download usually gets it running fast again.

I'm using Microsoft Defender as my firewall. No settings have changed and this doesn't happen with any Hoster (Fileboom, K2S, Filejoker).

Setting a speed limit at 90MB did not stop the problem. Download ran full speed until about 85% and then slowed down to < 10KB/s.
Old 12.04.2021, 15:42
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
What ISP are you using?
What firewall/av?
Are you using Fritzbox router?
Can you check if this keeps happening when you set a speed limit in JDownloader?
This is running on Linux, firewalld is disabled, basic Arris router (ATT Uverse) The other person who commented, it is the exact same issue, so it's not limited to my account. No other hoster is having this issue.
Old 12.04.2021, 19:12
JD Manager

Can you try
Settings->Advanced Settings->RapidGator.experimentalenforcessl
Also if possible, can you try via VPN/Proxy. I'm not aware of any rapidgator changes, nor can I reproduce the issue. Other ppl reporting same issue are saying that in browser it works fine or if they set speed limit below max possible speed. So must be caused by something else.

Does filesize matter? happen to small and large files?
Old 13.04.2021, 16:36
Modem User

Settings->Advanced Settings->RapidGator.experimentalenforcessl doesn't help, and I don't have a VPN/Proxy to try. It seems to happen to any file size, though most files I download from there are over 40 MB
Old 14.04.2021, 01:58
Baby Loader

RG Premium user and I am also having this exact issue. Right at 80%, regardless of file size, slows to 8-10 kb/s.
Reproduced on both windows 10 / mac0s 11.2.3. Cox ISP. Also happening with VPN (PIA).

Update: RapidGator.experimentalenforcessl might have worked on macOs. Running more tries.

Update 2: Three successful tries on macOs after enabling force ssl option. 1.3GB, 1.3GB and 2.06GB, no vpn. Of note, seems to still slow a bit around 80% but jumps right back to normal speed. Windows 10, three unsuccessful tries after enabling force ssl option. Slowed at 60% twice and once at 40%. No vpn. Stop and restart solved, same as before.

Update 3: Just tried on different mac w/ 11.2.2 and had a slow down at 60% after enabling force ssl. Back to the drawing board.

So to summarize: Using the same ISP, Router/Modem (Arris), VPN/Non-VPN, RG PRemium account, I have seemingly solved the problem on one Mac (mac mini, 11.2.3), and NOT solved on Windows 10 (19041.867) or Mac (MacBook Pro, 11.2.2).

Nix that - just had a slowdown at 80% on the Mac I thought the issue was resolved on. OK... that is all the info, experimenting I've got. Hope at least some of this info helps.... this is super-annoying.

Last edited by Shotsgrin; 14.04.2021 at 02:42. Reason: additional info
Old 14.04.2021, 13:09
Community Manager

Do you only have this issue when downloading via JD or also via browser (use the same file for testing!)?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.04.2021, 22:03
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Do you only have this issue when downloading via JD or also via browser (use the same file for testing!)?

-psp-
MacOs 11.2.3 - File 1: (798MB), no issues direct, no issues with JD.
File 2: (1.15GB), no issues direct, JD slows at 80% (also, stop and start didn't resolve at first... picked up at ~10 kb/s, only after waiting a bit did it resume at normal speed)

Windows 10 - File 3: (2.05GB), no issues direct, no issues with JD.
File 4: (1.6GB), no issues direct, JD slow to ~30kb/s at 40%, restarted and was normal then slowed again at 80%.

Mixed results, but direct downloads are working 100%. JD at 50% (but is much lower than that in reality). The weird thing is every slow down happens at EXACTLY 40, 60 or 80%, sometimes two or all three in the same DL.

Last edited by Shotsgrin; 14.04.2021 at 22:10. Reason: additional info
Old 15.04.2021, 16:57
Junior Loader

Just to add, the slowdown doesn't occur 100% of the time. I could be downloading a 3 part file and any combination of parts (or even none of them) could be affected. There doesn't appear to be any correlation to file size either. If there are 2 large parts an 1 smaller part, any combination can be affected by the slowdown.
Old 15.04.2021, 19:42
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotsgrin View Post
Mixed results, but direct downloads are working 100%.
In case you can reproduce the issue(issue in JD, working fine in browser) I would like to do a Teamviewer session with you. So the difference must be something https specific, maybe different cipher that is choosen)
We're still unable to reproduce the issue at all

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.05.2021 at 18:00.
Old 17.04.2021, 20:52
Modem User

Seeing the same thing with RapidGator, and I have RapidGator Premium. Works fine with Real Debrid and All Debrid, it's the native RG that's slowing to a crawl. Restarting typically gets it going again, but definitely an annoyance. It's very random too, not just doing it at 85% complete. I could have 4 files going at 2MB/s each (still slow, as Real and All Debrid will pull them much faster), and then two more running at 2-10kb/s each. Limiting to 4 files at a time doesn't fix it, because one or two files will start running at the slowest speed. Changing it to 12 downloads at the same time as an experiment will change the number of slow files to 4. Occasionally.

I'm on a gigabit connection, and files from Uploaded via the Debrids are much faster.
Old 18.04.2021, 04:00
Baby Loader

Not sure if this will help anyone but in another thread raztoki made this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@awaiting-crunch
This could be caused due to/if you use multiple chunks when downloading, when chunks finish before others (uneven) and the remainder are slow they do not increase in speed. The old download core does not manage this well.

I was having the slowdown issues as well. After reading raztoki's comment I set Max. Chunks per download to 1 and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm using also using a VPN.

Last edited by jetserf; 18.04.2021 at 04:02. Reason: credit to raztoki
Old 18.04.2021, 17:36
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetserf View Post
Not sure if this will help anyone but in another thread raztoki made this comment.

I was having the slowdown issues as well. After reading raztoki's comment I set Max. Chunks per download to 1 and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm using also using a VPN.
Nope, still seeing the same thing.

In fact, I set up the download for overnight and went to bed, came back in the morning, and one chunk per download slowed everything down.

Last edited by sodom213; 18.04.2021 at 17:39.
Old 19.04.2021, 04:47
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetserf View Post

This also failed to work for me. I have had other slow down issues in the past related to the chunks issue, but this is not that. Still hitting a speed-wall at 80% (mostly, sometimes 40, sometimes 60%).
Old 20.04.2021, 22:15
Junior Loader

I think that the idea of chunks has some validity to it. I noticed that my slowdowns aren't happening at 40%, 60% & 80% as cptgunther and Shotsgrin have reported. But more often my slowdowns begin at 75%. Today, I noticed one at 25% and then again at 50%. My settings are set at 4 chunks per download. So, it would seem that a percentage of the chunks are running full speed and then the problem exposes itself once the full speed chunks complete.

I'd be willing to bet that Shotsgrin is set to 5 chunks per download, which is why he is seeing the problem at 20% intervals while I am seeing it at 25% intervals.

Going with a single chunk is probably allowing the download to run a full speed in its entirety or goes extremely slow right from the start.
Old 03.05.2021, 17:32
Junior Loader

Has anyone figured out a way around this problem? It's still occurring on a regular basis for me.
Old 03.05.2021, 20:10
JD Manager

@qb14: maybe we could do teamviewer and try to find out more together?
Old 04.05.2021, 14:23
DSL Light User

check that you do not have referer set for rapidgator, in free downloads they limit you to 10kbps if you have it.
Old 04.05.2021, 14:58
JD Manager

@ypp: that's not the issue ppl are talking about, as the issue also affects premium users