JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.06.2021, 00:57
Wind Gust

Default Already in downloadlist? Where?

I have literally hundreds of thousands of links in my "Downloads" list. I'm constantly processing sites for new links. I come across links already in my "Downloads" list, marked as "Already in downloadlist". I'd love to have a feature where I can right-click on the link in "LinkGrabber" and locate the duplicate link in "Downloads", instead of just telling me I already have the link.
Old 01.06.2021, 12:50
JD Manager

What exactly would your use case be? Can you explain, so we better understand the need and maybe can provide better feature
Old 01.06.2021, 14:34
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by groinksan View Post
I'd love to have a feature where I can right-click on the link in "LinkGrabber" and locate the duplicate link in "Downloads", instead of just telling me I already have the link.
You can use this workaround till the feature is implemented. Skip corresponding links in the download list using a script and enable quickfilter in bottom toolbar to view them.

Code:
/*
    Skip duplicate download links
    Trigger : Linkgrabber Contextmenu Button Pressed
*/

if (name == "Skip duplicate download links") {
    var urls = [];

lgSelection.links.forEach(function(link) {
        try {
            urls.push(link.downloadLink.pluginURL);
        } catch (e) {}
    })

if (urls.length) {
        getAllDownloadLinks().forEach(function(link) {
            if (urls.indexOf(link.pluginURL) > -1) {
                link.skipped = true;
            }
        })
    }
}

Alternatively you can disable them or add comment to identify them, but skipping is more convenient since they can be viewed/unskipped in bulk very easily.
Old 01.06.2021, 15:24
JD Manager

@mgpai: you could also set comment on linkgrabber and download list link and then use search to find the comment/link
Old 01.06.2021, 15:24
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Alternatively you can disable them or add comment to identify them, but skipping is more convenient since they can be viewed/unskipped in bulk very easily.
just realizing that you had the same idea
Old 02.06.2021, 07:55
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

What exactly would your use case be? Can you explain, so we better understand the need and maybe can provide better feature
I frequently rip through web sites for links using linkgrabber, and then store/download the links in downloadlist. Right now I have about a million or so links stored. And many of the links refer to files that use a frequently used filename filenames, such as image.jpg or movie.zip, although despite the same filenames, every file is unique on a binary level.

Then later on in the future, I rip through a given web site, and JD detects that a link is already on my downloadlist. I could search for the filename in the downloadlist. But, when there are dozens or hundreds of links using the same filename, trying to determine the exact matched file in downloadlist is virtually impossible.

I'd like to find that matching file/link in downloadlist, and find out when I downloaded it, and where the file was stored at the time it was downloaded. Thinking about this feature in a GUI, it would be convenient to right-click on the matching link in linkgrabber to bring up the context menu, and then select something like "Find matching link in Downloads" which would then switch to the Downloads tab, and then highlight the matching link(s).
Old 02.06.2021, 12:05
JD Manager

@groinksan:
Thanks for the feedback!
"already in downloadlist" works ons on specific internal linkID(eg the unique fildID from URL) that is set by plugins or the actual download url, not on filename!
You should check out the scripts from mgpai for storing/managing such information outside JDownloader