JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.02.2020, 13:58
JD Addict

Default Reset ETA timer

Many free filehosters download required wait time in number of minutes/hours for next file as we understand it with 'Free Download'.

My observation so far is that jd doesn't get the wait time from the filehoster and start ETA count down. Instead after 1st first is finished ETA for for next file started with generic 60mins wait time then try to download next file after finished count down.

Some filehosters wait time is bellow 60mins so I try to Reset via RightClick > Other > Reset but jd failed to reset count down and did not try to download next file although next file is available to download if you check and open the same link in the default browser.

Same thing happen to filehosters with wait time over 60mins. After an hour jd attempts to download next file but file is not yet available so this time jd give a generic 2-4hours of wait time depends of the filehosters. Again some filehosters has file available for next download before new ETA timer expired. So Reset ETA did not result in jd provoke reset nor attempt to download.

Could someone provide a fix for this? or where in the config file where I could change the remain ETA counter to 1mins so next file download could start soon? I tried exit out jd and start again without success.

some of the files i'm downloading are from filefox, rapidgator, nitroflare. I already looked into the plugins but there is no options to set ETA count down for each hoster.
Old 29.02.2020, 15:02
English Supporter

wait times are not linked to a downloadlink progress, so resetting wont achieve anything and could actually cause detriment as it resets progress to 0 (restarts dl)

some have special handling post download as if you start a new download too fast you get longer wait times.
rapidgator has special handling (check plugin setting)

some wait times are presented on the next attempt, we take that time parse it and show that time to you. We trust that time, we typically do not get issues from hosters presenting different wait time than actual. Majority plugins work like this, only small (less than I would say 5) wouldn't.

Only time we set generic wait times (ones where its unknown). We typically set realistic waits and not in hours. It's fixed within plugin source code and users can not change this as setting 1minute or what ever, as it would cause a distributed denial of service for each user of JDownloader downloading from that service. We can not have this happen, hence why there are no user settings for wait times.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 29.02.2020 at 15:05.
Old 29.02.2020, 16:05
JD Addict

Quote:
wait times are not linked to a downloadlink progress, so resetting wont achieve anything and could actually cause detriment as it resets progress to 0 (restarts dl)
I'm referring to Status: 'Download limit has been reached' with ETA 60mins count down. Before this count down ended, I checked this link in the Browser and it ready to download again but jd can't detect this change. So I Reset it hoping it to check the link again and start downloading but it didn't.

Quote:
some wait times are presented on the next attempt, we take that time parse it and show that time to you. We trust that time, we typically do not get issues from hosters presenting different wait time than actual. Majority plugins work like this, only small (less than I would say 5) wouldn't.
good to know, but as I described it is not the case or they fall into the 5% you mentioned because I checked it in the browser and link was ready. So how do I reset the count down manual reset the count down so jd could check again?

Quote:
Only time we set generic wait times (ones where its unknown). We typically set realistic waits and not in hours. It's fixed within plugin source code and users can not change this as setting 1minute or what ever, as it would cause a distributed denial of service for each user of JDownloader downloading from that service. We can not have this happen, hence why there are no user settings for wait times.
Well generic wait time was set to 3hours for the last file. After an hour plus of waiting I checked the link in the browser and it said it ready to download. JD however still say wait another 1hr40mins so I downloaded it in the browser manually because I tried to reset the count down but it didn't reset.
Old 29.02.2020, 16:49
English Supporter

only way to reset is to restart JDownloader client.

if we know the wait times. we can adjust them.

Old 01.03.2020, 00:58
JD Addict

Like I said before I did restart jd client but the wait timer still resume where it was last known.

see attachments for 2 screenshots. 1 from jd shows ETA 03h:39m:05s but when open that same link in browser eta is 02h:45m:47s

Let say I'll set an alarm on my phone to check back in 02h:46m. Is there away to tell JD to try to attempt download instead waiting for another 55mins when file is ready for next download.
Attached Images
File Type: png ETA 3hr40min in JD.png (23.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png ETA 2hr45mins - in browser.png (27.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by zreenmkr; 01.03.2020 at 01:14.
Old 01.03.2020, 01:17
English Supporter

its not saved anywhere far as Im aware, so client restart will work.
sure you don't use auto start download and it re-sets timer based on its download attempt?

best bet with these sort of issues is to provide logs from a session thats effected, note that you might need log debug mode enabled (advanced setting).

raztoki

Old 01.03.2020, 02:21
JD Addict

Is there a temp html source saved somewhere when jd try to gather the info but avoid downloading a new source for update info?

anything that might be deem sensitive in the log?
Old 01.03.2020, 03:08
English Supporter

not saved by default unless error. debug mode needed for that and account related as thats not logged either by default.

depends on what you're doing obviously,
everything is saved within logs/sessionid/*sitename*.log.(\d*)?
logs are not flushed to disk in real time.