JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13.04.2012, 15:50
Community Manager

Exclamation JDownloader 2 - Beta FAQ

English

Here is a short FAQ to the new JDownloader 2 Beta version.

1. What is this version and where can I get it?

jdownloader.org/download page
or
board.jdownloader.org forum thread

General Install Instructions:
Either use the installer or the JAR file in a new location. Alternatively you can make a copy of your previous install directory (stable (0.9.581) or nightly) and apply the updater or installer to that copied location. This process will will convert as many of your previous settings.

Additional JAR Help:
Run "JDownloader.jar" either by: double clicking, OR right clicking & run with java OR by command line 'java -jar JDownloader.jar'. This will download all the required JDownloader 2 files.

Disclaimer: It contains incomplete features (GUI), and contain bugs. Use it at you own discretion.

Requirement: Java (JRE) 6 or 7** or 8**.
** = preferred

2. I miss some of the old JDownloader features, will they come back?

Most features have been re-written and are implemented within JDownloader 2, some features that are missing may or may not come back.

Also search the forum prior to asking a question, it could have already been asked and answered.

3. How can I migrate my downloadlist and settings from version 0.9.851 to JDownloader 2 BETA?

Simply copy the "config" folder located in your JDownloader installation directory into the new JDownloader 2 BETA installation directory.
Note: JDownloader 2 will only check for old configurations on the first run!
If JD2 starts before you copy over your "config" folder, you will need to remove downloadList*.zip & linkcollector*.zip & org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs and org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.json files from jdownloader2/cfg folder, and start JD2, conversion should take place.

4. My JD2 crashed / I've lost my downloadlist in JD2.
Click here!

5. I want to submit a bug, how do I do this?

Please re-read point 3 and make sure its NOT a known issue prior to wasting your time.

Please follow our Bug Report Rules on how to write a proper bug report. We need a detailed description of the problem, screen shots are very welcome. Please propose solutions if possible.

6. How can In make logs in JD2?

Click on "Help" -> "Create Log" -> At the end you should get a loglink which you can then post in our board so that our supporters can help you.

7. Captcha priorities - how do they work?
Click HERE!

8. "We need your help!" - Dialogs - What is this?
Spoiler:

What is this?
Since 11th February, you sometimes get to see a Dialog like this. We started to collect anonymous error statistics. The goal is to detect plugin problems much faster than we did until now. Currently, we have to wait until someone reports a problem in our chat, ticket system or in the board. Afterwards we have to ask for all details. Testlinks, Premium/Free, Plugin, Logs ... (If you ever reported a bug, you know this procedure ;-P)

Example: >Uploaded.to DDos in Cloudflare
This looks like this:

On this graph you can see the red "quality" curve. if it drops - we have a problem.
The blue curve shows the connection problems for Uploaded.to between 9th.February and 11th February. You can see the Spikes. The massive connection problems have their reason here.

We want to create a toplist of all current pluginproblems, and provide this toplist to all users on the one hand, and (even more important) to our developer team on the other hand. If the System detects a drop in the plugin quality, it will start to collect additional information about the bug. That's when you see the dialog above. As soon as the system has all required information, it will notify the developers to fix the problem.

We hope to achieve a much better overall plugin quality, and a much faster bug detection, reporting AND fixing!

So at the end - it's you who profit most from all this.

But I get this dialog too often
We right now are still working on a better detection of a bug. As the filters get better, you will get less dialogs, because we only collect for real bugs then - Give us some time.

OK... But I don't want to participate in all this anyway
Think about it. The more people help, the better results we will get. We can only do this together. If you want to disable this anyway, Open the Settings->Advanced Config->StatsManager: Enabled ->uncheck

Deutsch

1.Video-Tutorials:
1.JD2 BETA Installation
2.JD2 BETA Reconnect Recorder
3.JD2 BETA Log posten
4.**External links are only visible to Support Staff**JD2-BETA Installation unter Ubuntu / Mint
5.JD2 BETA Packagizer
6.JD2 BETA Men�s selbst anpassen
Herzlichen Dank an datroubler f�r die Video Tutorials

Greetings from JD staff

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by raztoki; 20.02.2015 at 12:11. Reason: Updated FAQ
Old 28.07.2016, 16:38
English Supporter

no longer sticky.
Note: most of this information is outdated.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Closed Thread