OS-X 10.4 or earlier 6 6.38%
Something else 6 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26.02.2011, 10:20
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix1973 View Post
I've read through this thread a million times and still can not use jdownloader.
Maybe you can see it now.

Please provide an Emergency Log.
Old 27.02.2011, 02:25
hendrix1973

I'm sorry remi. I'm pretty new with macs. I'm having a real hard time with this. I can't explain it but I'll try. I have the .dmg file in my downloads folder. When I click on it the jdownloader icon just appears. That's it. I right click on the icon to view the package contents. In the package contents folder I don't see a file to install jdownloader. I'm thinking the program is not even installed yet. The package contents folder is "/Volumes/JDownloader/jDownloader.app" There is no exe file to install the program. So i really don't have any clue on what's going on. I love this program and want to use it but I'm just about to give up. I tried typing in all the commands to get a log but the program is not intalled.
Old 27.02.2011, 07:21
Black Hole

To install from a dmg, you need to drag the JDownloader icon to your Applications folder first. Then try running it from there.
Old 27.02.2011, 13:47
hendrix1973

thanks kdean. i'm up and running!!!!! i never new that! thanks again!
Old 27.02.2011, 16:54
Black Hole

Yep, dmg are just disk images. Think of them as virtual drives or cds. Opening them just mounts the drive as a volume and that volume can be ejected afterwards. Often the install is a drag-n-drop install, or if the dmg contains an installer app, then that can be run. A common mistake is to drag the app directly from a mounted dmg to the dock to run it, but if the app needs to write to itself it won't be able to and when the computer is restarted the dmg will no longer be mounted, thus causing the app in the dock to no longer work.
Old 06.03.2011, 18:58
ninjasmurf

Default where's the 'remove links' menubar icon?

greetings. on this page: http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wiki/gui/mainpanel under the 'toolbar' heading, #5 says there is a 'remove links' button for my menubar. is this in the windows only version? i can't find any way to remove links that were added twice, once for a site that i pay premium for and once for a free site that is slow as time. even under 'settings', 'toolbar manager' in jD itself there is not the option to add this button. is there some other way to remove links that someone can suggest? thanks in advance. have a lambent day.
Old 07.03.2011, 09:01
remi

Cool

If you're using the jD version described on that page, please upgrade to the current version of jD.

In the current version of jD there is a Links menu with several Clean up functions.

Also the Toolbar manager provides several (link/package) Remove buttons.

You can also use jD's context menu for removing links.

Finally, there is the magical Delete key that has always worked, also in in the old version of jD that you're using.
Old 07.03.2011, 13:14
gab1545

Out of interest - is there a reason why several plugins (third party) are Windows/Linux only? I would have naively imagined that the linux ones would run on a mac without so much trouble.
Old 07.03.2011, 13:21
remi

If they're third party, then the jD Team can't do anything against it.

jD itself is programmed in java and that should be sufficient to run the code on any platform that supports the JRE 1.6.
Old 16.03.2011, 14:17
remi

Cool

Last edited by remi; 16.03.2011 at 14:19. Reason: redundant
Old 30.03.2011, 22:13
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzmasita View Post
I experience a really strange bug with jDownloader on my MacBook Pro.
At home i connect my MBP to an external TFT and have jDownloader run on the external screen.
Whenever i'm on the go jDownloader doesn't detect that my TFT is not connected anymore. Therefore i can't access the jDownloader main window till i connect my external display again and put jDownloader on my MBP screen.

I hope anybody understands my problem and can provide a solution to me?!
Jdownloader is probably opening just fine but, your app is set for the external screen display ... you need to go to the system prefs under monitors I and reset to mirror display so the app will be seen again properly when not using dual monitors ... or you will need ot set the MBP through the sys prefs when you have both monitors connected to select the MBP as the primary monitor before disconnecting .. If you have the show monitor icon in the upper right menu bar area you can adjust through there also.

A video is posted here that might help you understand a bit better maybe. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 01.04.2011, 20:20
ingmauro

Hi all,
I'm a recently Mac user... I'd like on JDownloader (that I lovin' it from Win and Linux experience) a greater Mac style and feeling.... i.e. I'd like the menu integrated on upper system bar (not in the window).... I saw in an old topic in the forum that in the past it was in this way.... is it possible to have it in the current version?
Old 14.04.2011, 05:22
Doktag

Probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway...

I notice on the Download page for Mac, there are three separate downloads:

Downloadserver #1 jdownloader.org Download Installer
Link: 94.23.204.158/jd_macos_0_9.dmg

Downloadserver #2 jdownloader.org (java1.5) Download (DMG)
Link: 94.23.204.158/jDownloader_Java_1_5.dmg

Downloadserver #3 jdownloader.org (java1.6) Download (DMG)
Link: 94.23.204.158/jDownloader.dmg

If I want to be running the most up-to-date version of jDownloader, do I download #1 or #3?

Also, is there any way to tell which version of jDownloader I'm currently using? When I go to About jDownloader it says "-last09- Version 0.9.581", but that doesn't really indicate whether it's the java1.5 version or java1.6 version.

For reference, I am running Mac OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard, with Java 1.6.0_24-b07-33 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Old 14.04.2011, 09:42
remi

All three downloads represent the same version of jD.

If you're running java 1.6, then you're using the java1.6 version.

I suppose the first download has an installer for Mac OS.
Old 27.05.2011, 00:12
MooCan

Default JDUnrar

Hi,

I'm searching as said in wiki (http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...s/list/jdunrar) where to change the unrar binaries default folder to /usr/local/bin/unrar.

I don't see any field where to add or change this path.

Many Thanks
Kind Regards.

Last edited by MooCan; 27.05.2011 at 08:39.
Old 13.06.2011, 18:30
george14215

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCan View Post
Hi,

I'm searching as said in wiki (http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...s/list/jdunrar) where to change the unrar binaries default folder to /usr/local/bin/unrar.

I don't see any field where to add or change this path.

Many Thanks
Kind Regards.
I'm not an expert, but I saw this on the page you linked to:

"For most systems, the binaries come with jd. Only if no running binaries are found, this option is available."
Old 15.06.2011, 07:23
RowdeeRodnee

Does anybody know which file in jDownloader is a temporary storage for the Linkgrabber links? I am currently getting the beach ball of death in jDownloader (the window froze up) but the files are still downloading. Because I had a ton of links in the linkgrabber screen and can't access them or send them to the main screen, I have to locate the temp file where the links are located. OSX10.5.8
Old 15.06.2011, 08:24
remi

The Linkgrabber links aren't saved, but the feature is planned for the next major release.

See also "Save Links".
Old 16.06.2011, 21:11
JD Adviser

After all the recent probs. I had w/JD, I went back to virgin status: Installed a fresh version of 1.5, updated it, then trashed my config folder since my database was corrupt (this, unfortunately, caused me to lose all my UNRAR passes -- a major inconvenience), so essentially I was starting anew.

Things have been going pretty smoothly over the past few weeks until today, when I noticed a neverending spew of JD error messages in my Console. The three messages keep repeating ad infinitum:

Quote:
JavaApplicationStub(1833,0x1a48c00) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=7143424) failed (error code=3)
JavaApplicationStub(1833,0x1a48c00) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
JavaApplicationStub(1833,0x1a48c00) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
In the past, any "malloc" errors would be immediately followed by a JD Crash, but that hasn't happened thusfar. I'm not downloading anything at the moment, and JD is open but minimized in my Dock.

The
Quote:
vm_allocate
problem seems fairly innocuous. Is it something I should be concerned about???

TIA

Last edited by User0; 16.06.2011 at 21:29. Reason: Include all of error message
Old 29.06.2011, 15:49
JackJackson

So yeah, I can't get to any captcha countdown on any of the sites that use(fileserve, filesonic, hotfile, wupload etc)....none will start, and half of their buttons won't work after i downloaded jdownloader.

any fixes for this? Im using mac os x 10.6.8.
Old 30.06.2011, 04:30
george14215

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJackson View Post
So yeah, I can't get to any captcha countdown on any of the sites that use(fileserve, filesonic, hotfile, wupload etc)....none will start, and half of their buttons won't work after i downloaded jdownloader.

any fixes for this? Im using mac os x 10.6.8.
don't know of any fixes, but what unfreezes jdownloader for me when this happens is to do another linkgrabber copy operation.
Old 30.06.2011, 08:32
remi

Cool

I suppose you're talking about the Linkgrabber. Some Linkgrabber operations can take a while because some decrypters are more complex than others. The duration also depends on the number of links that need to be handled.

@JackJackson

I don't understand your post. Are you talking about the countdown in the captcha dialogue? What buttons are you talking about?
Old 01.07.2011, 00:37
george14215

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I suppose you're talking about the Linkgrabber. Some Linkgrabber operations can take a while because some decrypters are more complex than others. The duration also depends on the number of links that need to be handled.

@JackJackson

I don't understand your post. Are you talking about the countdown in the captcha dialogue? What buttons are you talking about?
@remi,
I witness what JackJackson sees all the time on the Mac. The UI freezes after you leave the app unattended for a while, and it's tried to prompt you for captcha input for a while. The "x" close button on the upper left is painted red, and the whole UI is frozen including the bandwidth monitor.

I used to force quit the app and restart it. Until I figured out that doing a copy of, say, a rapidshare link will "wake up" the app. Another thing that mitigates this behavior is to simply put a Stop sign on the current download that requires captcha if you're going to leave the app unattended for a while. That way it won't go to the next download that requires captcha and prompt you in futility until it freezes again.

I can't say that I've explored this behavior in great detail because the workarounds seem to work for me.
Old 01.07.2011, 08:44
remi

What is the CPU and memory consumption of jD during the 'freezes'?

I suppose jD's "wake up" is caused by the clipboard monitor that finds the links you copy. Do the freezes happen also when you disable jD's clipboard monitor?
Old 02.07.2011, 04:38
george14215

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
What is the CPU and memory consumption of jD during the 'freezes'?

I suppose jD's "wake up" is caused by the clipboard monitor that finds the links you copy. Do the freezes happen also when you disable jD's clipboard monitor?
I'll take a look this weekend. And I will take some screenshots as well.
Old 15.07.2011, 15:48
elfis

Hello

I'm using macosx ver of jdownloader and I'm very satisfy. I don't have big problems with this "super program" . I have one small problem , the JD windows is going to high and after is like this i can't move the program to oher place of osx desk. So it's there some fix for this. Thank You

Sorry for my english is not my primary language.
Attached Images
File Type: png jdownloader.png (110.1 KB, 276 views)
Old 16.07.2011, 03:07
JD Legend

elfis, you have done something often done by accident when one is in a rush or just not paying attention.

Unfortunately JD does not allow us to grab side edges of the window so we can pull it down when the bar section at the top gets pushed under the main OS X menu bar.

One way to get the top back is to play with the monitor settings to see if you can get the JD window to move to a position on the screen where you can then resize it smaller then restore your standard monitor settings and then resize JD accordingly.

You ma be able to grab the actual line that separates the main window from the Title ad the file, links menu of the app but, that is only f you have a very good mouse and patients and eye if it is not too far up.

There may be another way, it has bee a while since that has happened to me so, I don't remember exactly what I did but it was probably something similar to the above mentions ways to try.

Last resort it to reset JD I believe. This should reset JD to the first time after one installs it.
Old 16.07.2011, 08:38
remi

Cool

@elfis

There's a video on YT that explains how to get back control over the window (How to unstuck jDownloader underneath menubar) :- "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

You need to go into System Preferences and make sure "Spaces" is enabled, and then take note which key is used to activate "Spaces" (it might be F8).

Another solution might be to just change the resolution of your display to a lower one. When you return back to the initial resolution all windows will be smaller and visible.
Old 16.07.2011, 21:56
akumajin

I just changed from Windows 7 to OSX and I'm at a loss on how to make JDownloader auto extract files. It says in the plug-in preferences that I need to install unrar. I searched the jdownloader site and the instructions baffle me I'm afraid. :/ Can anyone help me out? Thank you for reading...
Old 17.07.2011, 07:39
remi

The jD Unrar extension should run on any platform. Just activate it in the Settings -> Plugins & Addons -> Extensions.
Old 18.07.2011, 06:20
akumajin

It is enabled in the settings but when I go to the JD UNrar settings pane I see this

http://i56.tinypic.com/s2ru2q.jpg
Old 18.07.2011, 08:49
remi

Please read "Please install unrar".
Old 27.07.2011, 05:13
benpascual

so i just recently joined the jdownloader family. for the first few days, i was amazed how it can keep up its maximum speed. however, now it seems like my speed is stuck from 15Kbps to 30Kbps. My usual speed is 120-Kbps to 140Kbps. I have premium accounts on megaupload and filesonic. TIA

here are my screenies.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture1hwx.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...icture2wt.png/

Last edited by benpascual; 27.07.2011 at 09:26. Reason: with pictures* hopefully they show
Old 27.07.2011, 08:04
remi

In case you would be able to download faster with other tools, please read "Having speed issues?".

I don't see any 'screenies' but I have not the best eyesight neither.
Old 27.07.2011, 09:29
benpascual

i reupload the pictures with new links. as you can see on the picture, im connected to only 1... my total download speed would be at maximum of 140 kBps but as you can see it so slow
Old 31.07.2011, 17:16
GhostLyrics

just a quick question: Is there any work done on the aqua interface? I'm using the Nightly build since December 2010 and there don't seem to be many changes on the user interface front of the project. There are multiple - and I think quite simple - suggestions that I can make to improve the plattform awareness on OS X.
Old 01.08.2011, 08:10
remi

Please provide your suggestions if they can increase jD's usability.
Old 02.08.2011, 08:31
JD Legend

@ benpascual,

If the speed issues does not fix the problem and as you did not say how your connected or what OS, what machine Laptop/Desktop etc. and as we have no idea of your ISP, it cold be a few other problems ... Usually though from what I understand about certain ISP's and regions you ISP may be limiting your bandwidth if you have gone over it in one way or another.

Be sure also you have latest updates ... and If your on Lion it is still a bit new and their still working out bugs such as the Safari 5.1 bug many seem to be reporting ... not everyone has it or sees it but there is fairly high number being reported.

Are you using a firewall and or any AV software?

Many things can affect speed.
Old 02.08.2011, 08:34
JD Legend

@ GhostLyrics, if you have things that can help them in the java world to get the Mac OS and JD to work more like we would like it to for the Mac ... Please let them know or supply some code for them to test please.

JD is good but it does not really fit the Mac GUI as is. :(

Maybe you could code some things for them and pass it on also
Old 02.08.2011, 08:41
JD Legend

@ remi thanks for the youtube link .. I forgot about spaces as I don't like the way it is implemented (a bit too buggy for me). ... I much prefer the Unix version of X-windows.