JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 28.04.2011, 22:57
aelorenzo

Default JDownloader and disk sleep

Hi all!

I am a happy user of JDownloader but I configured a minimal linux headless server (AMOS3000 PC) with 24 / 7 JDownloader with minimal cost among other things.

The problem is that if JDownloader is running and no download activity at all, the program, I don't know how, avoid disk sleep mode. It seems that JDownloader checks with some frequency the file system. Anybody knows how to avoid this?

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.04.2011 at 08:49.
Old 29.04.2011, 11:20
JD Manager

i would suggest to put jdownloader itself on a ram disk and copy content from disk to ramdisk on startup and copy back on shutdown. that way the diskaccess do not hurt and not stop disk sleep mode.
Old 29.04.2011, 19:13
aelorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
i would suggest to put jdownloader itself on a ram disk and copy content from disk to ramdisk on startup and copy back on shutdown. that way the diskaccess do not hurt and not stop disk sleep mode.
Are you talking about just the JD app files or also the current downloads files?

Regarding your solution, I have this kind of setup for other apps, but I don't have enough room in RAM memory for more.

What kind of file operations performe JD during no download activity? is it useful?

Thank you for your fast answer
Old 29.04.2011, 20:50
JD Manager

i guess its the automatic config saving all x minutes (from ram to disk). to avoid dataloss in crash situation. nothing that can be changed at the moment.
with ram disk, i just mean the app and the downloaded files can of course stay on normal disk
Old 29.04.2011, 21:03
aelorenzo

is it necesary to save the config every x min? I mean, nothing changes during the last x minutes: no downloads state change, no app state change... It seems to be useless with no download activity
Old 29.04.2011, 21:05
JD Manager

the config system does not know if there are changes or not next major jd version will contain new config system where this will not happen anymore
Old 29.04.2011, 21:09
aelorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
the config system does not know if there are changes or not next major jd version will contain new config system where this will not happen anymore
Yes, I know it! but it is only question of checking the parameters, of course, without reading any config file of the disk... just memory values: adding a "updated" flag or something like that.

Thank you for your time and patient!