JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.09.2018, 21:48
dash09

Default How are archive passwords added to the download?

Hello. I recently downloaded a file from pan.baidu using JDownloader2. The file was a password-protected .zip, but the link site didn't mention any password at all. However, JDownloader showed a password for the file while downloading (though it was a wrong password). My question is, who adds those passwords to the download? Is it the original uploader? Is it the program itself? If it's the program, does it retrieve it from some list of possible passwords? I'd like to know if I can access that list and try with a different password. The one which JDownloader showed was close to what I think it might be the correct one, but somehow it's wrong.
Old 17.09.2018, 11:47
JD Manager

Without knowing HOW you add the link and from WHERE, I can't tell what did add the password.

Sites may add passwords via plugins/ClickAndLoad or the clipboard contained passwords. For example you've added a supported link by a plugin and that site/plugin does auto add passwords. Or you've added the link via ClickAndLoad and some sites also add passwords there. Or you've copied a selection which contained possible password in html.
Old 17.09.2018, 11:48
JD Manager

JDownloader will try known passwords and in case the passwords don't work, it will ask you on extraction. You can set password either via rightclick context menu or add it to password list in Settings-Extraction
Old 17.09.2018, 11:48
JD Manager

It might also be that the archive is not yet supported RAR5 format and you will have to manually install an updated library, see
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=71069