JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.09.2017, 11:54
prepametan

now i'm totally confused. in RGUS examples above i got EMPTY (zero bytes) folder for names with 'dot'. but when i paste links for ziege58 with 'dot' names Finder create folder and SAVE THOSE images as 'hidden'!!!!
finder info picture

just 2 picture:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

why for ziege58 works and for RGUS don't?? wow, now we have cross platform File System problem.

p.s. sorry guys, you have lots of problems with me

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:29. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 13:10
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by japani View Post
With "FILE-NAME" there should be less dedupes, because of his unique identifier!
who cares for unique identifier when JD can rename file? (example) JD just add "_number" in 'dedupes' files. stiiiiiiil, even i MUST RENAME manually those files that still look better than DA generic name bf13ab6e341bb14ba6919c1c7feba320-d32622.png. RIGHT? unique identifier is for DA and you don't have any benefit from that when have 'properly' (re)named file. html or file name is in option and i never said that i will use html-name all the time but in some case (like in mine examples) i MUST becouse otherwise i don't know REAL picture name if i need to search on DA.

and now Something Completely Different. Cross Platform problem. JD is written in Java and developers didn't use Meta tag for storing "Where from" data for DL link. see how to look on Mac Finder. imagine, you are on Skype and want to show someone picture with generic name. you must send him that particular image becouse you don't have real name or link. on other side, i can, becouse i have REAL picture name and in my cases DL link written in the Meta data. for example picture like: Just Another Gorgeous Rose by RGUS
but asking JD developers for that is just exaggeration. i can live without Meta data but html-name or REAL name is must to have.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:30. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 14:06
English Supporter

@japani
This thread https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=50737 has 4 non English pages, I'll pass it.
Btw, have you tested sta.sh again?
For forum attachment, please open a thread in General Discussion so Jiaz / raztoki can answer or help you.

@prepametan
I am overwhelmed.
For one of your example links, I get ._ BEETHOVENS FIFTH _. by RGUS.
I think the elimination of dot at the beginning of the name (also for +) should be handled outside the plugin, depending to the OS, so I think please open another thread in JDownloader 2 forum and refer to this thread.
Old 08.09.2017, 14:39
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
I think the elimination of dot at the beginning of the name (also for +) should be handled outside the plugin, depending to the OS, so I think please open another thread in JDownloader 2 forum and refer to this thread.
although i'm retired i'm so tired. didn't sleep almost 2 full days... never mind, do the same as with Win "?" or don't. even hidden, pictures is on hard disk, that's most important. but that difference between RGUS and ziege58 with really empty folder still confusing me...

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:30. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 18:01
English Supporter

For https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=4&post#79 rgus /Scream-146641982, the log shows that you didn't get output, no error message, don't know how, and I get weirder result for that link, will find out later.

For hidden pictures https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#81 I don't see hidden in finder info picture!?
You said Mac can't have name with 'dot' at beginning, but you downloaded it without changing the dot, maybe that's why.
Under Windows, it's OK, only the date is 15/04/2017.

Last edited by tony2long; 08.09.2017 at 18:08.
Old 08.09.2017, 19:18
prepametan

after a sleep awhile, i remembered!! colon or : is also forbidden character. i can't believe how tired i was when i forgot that elementary thing.

Quote:
For hidden pictures **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... I don't see hidden in finder info picture!?
You said Mac can't have name with 'dot' at beginning, but you downloaded it without changing the dot, maybe that's why.
Under Windows, it's OK, only the date is 15/04/2017.
Info window just show File info and let me to rename file. see on right two transparent files. .!_ by ziege58.jpg & .DS_Store. we can see it becouse i enabled Showing hidden files in Finder. when delete 'dot', file become regular and full visible.

simply explanation for forbidden characters from Wiki

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:31. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 03:24
English Supporter

files/directories starting with . are hidden. This is a unix quirk, which linux and macosx is based from.
To me its best if Jiaz writes solution for this at the core.
until then please, write a package customiser rule to alter the filename.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 09.09.2017, 06:47
japani

Please let me try again, to explain the benefit of the unique identifier.

I have said, that i always check someones gallery with:
/gallery/?catpath=/

I have send this examples inclusive the included picture links:

Lets start from the begining:
I visit this gallery the first time and use for collecting:
and get this four links, which should all be properly renamed:

This following procedure for renaming is only a speculation!!!!!
In my opinion this renaming could work in this way:

All files are saved to C:/lisans-Gallery
-> saved as Untitled by lisans.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_1.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_2.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_3.jpg

Some days later I visit this gallery again, to check it for updates, and use as always for collecting:
and get now this links, which should all be properly renamed:
OLD:
NEW:

Again all files are saved to C:/lisans-Gallery
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_4.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_5.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_5.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_6.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_5.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_6.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_7.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_5.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_6.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_7.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_8.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_5.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_6.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_7.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_8.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_9.jpg
Untitled by lisans.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_1.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_2.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_3.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_4.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_5.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_6.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_7.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_8.jpg -> exits -> rename -> Untitled by lisans_9.jpg -> exits -> rename -> saved as Untitled by lisans_10.jpg

And now as it works for file-name:
I visit this gallery the first time and use for collecting:
and get this four links, which should be saved with original file-name:

All files are saved to C:/lisans-Gallery
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-db2aidm.jpg
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-db1l6wj.jpg
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-davvu8b.jpg
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-dat2606.jpg

Some days later I visit this gallery again, to check it for updates and, use as always for collecting:
and get now this links, which should be saved with original file-name:
OLD:
NEW:

Again all files are saved to C:/lisans-Gallery
untitled_by_lisans-db2aidm.jpg -> exists
untitled_by_lisans-db1l6wj.jpg -> exists
untitled_by_lisans-davvu8b.jpg -> exists
untitled_by_lisans-dat2606.jpg -> exists
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-dap0a6g.jpg
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-da9pew6.jpg
-> saved as untitled_by_lisans-da9dutl.jpg

I clearly see a benefit for rename generic file names, but only with included unique identifier!

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:33. Reason: protocol prefixes added
Old 09.09.2017, 08:45
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
files/directories starting with . are hidden. This is a unix quirk, which linux and macosx is based from.
To me its best if Jiaz writes solution for this at the core.
until then please, write a package customiser rule to alter the filename.i
i'm not push it, i will wait your solution. if i get files i can enable hidden files and rename it. i don't mind for that if images are on hard.

why i said if i get files? becouse in 2 cases i didn't get hidden files for author. just empty folder.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:34. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 11:40
English Supporter

Please try again, if still failed, please upload new log.
Old 09.09.2017, 12:44
prepametan

japani keeps talking about this and Rename file sometime work and sometimes not work at all.

in first with enabled 'html-name" i DL full cosmic74 gallery and saw (newer mind how) that some picture missing. than i DL full gallery with "file-name", compare two folder and found that now i have that picture but with DA name. ok, i'm not lazy to try and i collect links for them, paste on JD and DL. JD found and "DL" those picture in his list but on hard disk i still have only ONE picture. so, JD found both of them, DL first and than do replace with second picture without RENAMING first as JD supose to do. i know that becouse few time i normallny got renamed picture (_xnumber). but in this case JD dont do that.
Spoiler:
cosmic74.deviantart.com/art/Tifa-005-623340427

log => 09.09.17 12.23.58 <--> 09.09.17 12.42.55 jdlog://0022514015941/

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:35. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 13:31
prepametan

Quote:
Please try again, if still failed, please upload new log.
RGUS again as 'html-name'. JD see files in his file list with dot name and even "Finish DL" but on hard disk folders with real name is there but empty (zero bytes).

Spoiler:

log => 09.09.17 13.25.59 <--> 09.09.17 13.31.04 jdlog://6222514015941/

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:36. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 14:06
prepametan

enough is enough. i've given you enough examples for testing. last one for 'dot' 'html-name' and not renumered 'html-name'

ziege58 also have 'dot' files and even those files are hidden i have it on hard disk! RGUS don't want but ziege58 want!?
Spoiler:

JD don't rename files with same name. JD show all in his file list, 'Finish DL' but folders contains just one picture. JD snapshot
Spoiler:

log => 09.09.17 13.57.34 <--> 09.09.17 14.05.18 jdlog://0522514015941/

thanks for effort and bye for now

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:36. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 14:26
prepametan

Quote:
Please let me try again, to explain the benefit of the unique identifier.
I clearly see a benefit for rename generic file names, but only with included unique identifier!
i still don't care becouse i do DA totally different. i bought "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**MacPaw Gemini" duplicate finder and i use it a lot. in days before 'html-options' i dont care for unique identifier becouse i use Gemini and **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Renamer in conjunction. that's a few minutes of manyally work but after that i have images with shorten and usefull (for DA search) names. ok, i can't deny some cases in your favor but that is how you work. i give you opposite example just to see that unique identifier isn't so imporant.

i will give time that JD developers solve last problems but for now JD work as before with 'file-name' images.

thanks for your understanding
regards

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:37. Reason: revert of message
Old 09.09.2017, 14:26
English Supporter

For file replaced, check Settings - General - If the file already exists.

For file download OK but folder empty, open the file from JD's download list and display the properties (works under Windows). To prevent that problem while waiting the fix (not plugin fix) please rename all dot in front name while still in linkgrabber list, including package name, or follow raztoki's suggestion.
Old 09.09.2017, 15:37
japani

@prepametan
You wrote:
"japani keeps talking about this and Rename file sometime work and sometimes not work at all."

I have always tried to explain, the advantage of the DeviantArt unique identifier!
See this two of your examples
With "HTML-NAME" both will get this file-name "Emma 001 by Cosmic74.jpg"
Now
will be save first this means, for
there should be in JD2 a record about something like "File already exists"

If you use "FILE-NAME" you get for
the file name
emma_001_by_cosmic74-d53g0s2.jpg
and for
the file name
emma_001_by_cosmic74-d53g158.jpg

You should see, that both files have the same beginning "emma_001_by_cosmic74" but, now follows the DeviantArt unique identifier:
First picture: "d53g0s2"
Second picture: "d53g158"
And this means that both pictures have a unique file name!

And both pictures are saved!!!

You wrote:
"i still don't care becouse i do DA totally different."

I see, that it is my way, but let me ask some questions:
You save a gallery and then you rework the file-names, as you needed it!
Do you make this changes in the download folder or in a new folder?
If you have done this changes in the same folder!
Do you have update this folder with new art of this artist?

I mean, you have visit this artist two weeks ago and today you visit this gallery again, and you see, that artist have post 50 new pictures!

How do you want to do such an update?

So, I use always /gallery/?catpath=/, this means certainly JD2 collects the whole gallery, but it means with "FILE-NAME" I save only the 50 new posts, if I use the same gallery-folder as before.

But this only my way!

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:38. Reason: protocol prefix added
Old 09.09.2017, 15:55
English Supporter

I think you both should agree to disagree.
Old 09.09.2017, 16:24
japani

@ tony2long
Please excuse me!
I will stop now!
As long as "FILE-NAME" works for me I am happy, and I shouldn't lecture someone else use of JD2!

Regards
japani
Old 10.09.2017, 04:44
English Supporter

@japani
Thanks.

@prepametan

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#92
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/YOU'RE PUSHING IT by RGUS/._ YOU'RE PUSHING IT _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BABY I LOVE YOU by RGUS/._ BABY. I LOVE YOU _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BLUE MOON by RGUS/._ BLUE MOON _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/Borg Wars by RGUS/._ Borg Wars _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/YOU'RE PUSHING IT by RGUS/._ YOU'RE PUSHING IT _. by RGUS.jpg

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#93
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/! by ziege58/.!_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/on the couch by ziege58/on the couch by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/relax by ziege58/relax by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/and now by ziege58/. and now_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/two girls by ziege58/two girls by ziege58.jpg

Finished(Mirror) means only 1 file is downloaded because they are considered the same (mirror, same package)
Search Advanced Settings with "mirror" keyword and choose as needed.
Old 10.09.2017, 06:07
prepametan

Quote:
Finished(Mirror) means only 1 file is downloaded because they are considered the same (mirror, same package)
Search Advanced Settings with "mirror" keyword and choose as needed.
wow, in my coutry we said "cooperation has borne fruit"! i already enabled Auto rename and with "Mirror Detection Decision" set to "Safe" JD DL and regular rename files with "_xnumber"

but why you now mention RGUS? there is a problem with 'dot' at begining of name. JD create folder and report Finish but folder is empty (zero bytes). i still don't see diference between RGUS and ziege58 but JD persistently refuses to save RGUS images on hard disk (at least on Mac OS). oh, ok, before this you said that i can manually rename those files and yes, i can but that's ok when i DL individually files like now but how i will know that in some other gallery exist file with 'dot'. ok, ok, wait on core solution

thanks a lot for mirror solution

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:38. Reason: revert of message
Old 10.09.2017, 06:22
English Supporter

From your log, I showed you where JD saved RGUS files, so you can check inside those folders. I mean, JD has done it's job without error (in this case).
Old 10.09.2017, 16:00
prepametan

Quote:
From your log, I showed you where JD saved RGUS files, so you can check inside those folders. I mean, JD has done it's job without error (in this case).
never mind but i will repeat my words:
JD create folder on hard disk and report Finish but folder is empty (zero bytes).
this time i don't need to enable hidden files becouse Finder report 0 bytes.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:39. Reason: revert of message
Old 10.09.2017, 16:22
English Supporter

I understand your point of view, but you are the owner, you can check based on other information while I can't, because I don't have Mac. For example, what file should be there? Has JD downloaded it (find it in the log)? Where is it placed?
Old 10.09.2017, 17:43
prepametan

Quote:
For example, what file should be there? Has JD downloaded it (find it in the log)? Where is it placed?
now i don't understand nothing. i send picture, folder is there where supposed to be but empty.
find in which log? as far as I understand i have only one Log (Create Log) in JD meny but i can't see it, just send.

Old 11.09.2017, 20:09
japani

Please excuse me, but I don't know, whether this could be from interest!
But unfortunately only in german!
www[dot]macwrench[dot]de[slash]wiki[slash]Dateien_und_Ordner_verstecken_und_sch%C3%BCtzen
Is it possible, that JD2 downloads a picture, but MAC OS creates a hidden folder, dependent of the dot at the begining of the file name?
And should be a hidden folder not be empty in MAC Finder?

Something seems different for me, between RGUS and ziege58!
Is it possble, that by RGUS always follows a underscore after the dot?
This seems not by ziege58 for me!

Could be the solution here?
www[dot]westwind[dot]com[slash]reference[slash]OS-X[slash]invisibles[dot]html

And something other:
en[dot]wikipedia[dot]org[slash]wiki[slash]Filename
bis2008[dot]frankbarth[dot]de[slash]pdf[slash]MACundPC[dot]pdf

Last edited by japani; 11.09.2017 at 21:25.
Old 11.09.2017, 21:28
prepametan

Quote:
Is it possible, that JD2 download a picture, but MAC OS creates a hidden folder, dependent of the dot at the begining of the file name?
And should be a hidden folder not be empty in MAC Finder?
is it possible that i said that already few times? in RGUS case, folders are on hard disk but images didnt and in ziege58 case folders and images are on hard but images are hidden. still, on hard disk, thats important.
RGUS names are like .:: NAME ::.
ziege58 names: ...!? or ... and now?

Old 12.09.2017, 04:34
japani

Oh, excuse me I have only seen this:
ton2long wrote:
"@prepametan

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#92
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BABY I LOVE YOU by RGUS/._ BABY. I LOVE YOU _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BLUE MOON by RGUS/._ BLUE MOON _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/Borg Wars by RGUS/._ Borg Wars _. by RGUS.jpg

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#93
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/! by ziege58/.!_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/on the couch by ziege58/on the couch by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/relax by ziege58/relax by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/and now by ziege58/. and now_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/two girls by ziege58/two girls by ziege58.jpg"

What's about ":"?
Is this possibly also a forbidden sign in a file name for MAC OS?

And you have shown also a difference: ".::"
Is this possible?
Old 12.09.2017, 16:16
English Supporter

Actually JD renames that .: to ._ so for that particular file:
/HOW TO RENDER IN POSER by RGUS/._ HOW TO RENDER IN POSER _. by RGUS.jpg

Since prepametan doesn't want to find out more, my conclusion is that Mac removes file with ._ at front of file name.
Old 12.09.2017, 18:39
japani

@ tony2long
Do I understand it right, that JD2 does creats for MAC OS, for every picture a own folder?
Or is this a setting, which I have missed?
Old 12.09.2017, 18:50
English Supporter

Must be a setting, but I never do it.
Old 13.09.2017, 04:48
prepametan

Quote:
Since prepametan doesn't want to find out more, my conclusion is that Mac removes file with ._ at front of file name.
after a few days of intensive sleep my brain work again. even i rememered colon sign brain refused to accept the fact for that. sorry for this, guys. i brought in an unnecessary panic. only two forbbiden sign and RGUS use both in that combination.

Quote:
Do I understand it right, that JD2 does creats for MAC OS, for every picture a own folder?
Or is this a setting, which I have missed?
not for gallery, just for individual links. default settings.

tony, as i said before, i'm pretty satisfied with 'html-name' option. now, when i finally understand forbidden sign problem i still can open galley list in JD and rename files manually. if you solve this with future core update it's ok but if not i still will be satisfied. thanks for your effort and understanding

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:40. Reason: revert of message
Old 13.09.2017, 13:37
JD Manager

@prepametan: can you provide example links, then I will also take a look at this.
Old 13.09.2017, 14:40
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@prepametan: can you provide example links, then I will also take a look at this.
Spoiler:

ok, you can see but we finally concluded my mistake. on Mac, name can't have dot on begining of name and colon anywhere in text. i just tested
ziege58.deviantart.com/art/and-now-530975539
and looks like that JD already replace ? (question mark) becouse win name can't have that sign in name. it's ok but now you just have to make three JD versions for this (win, mac, unix)

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:41. Reason: revert of message
Old 13.09.2017, 14:51
English Supporter

its not about the different versions, we just have single version with os specific handling. For instance if windows do this, if unix do this.

handling at this core would be best move forward.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.09.2017, 17:36
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
its not about the different versions, we just have single version with os specific handling. For instance if windows do this, if unix do this.

handling at this core would be best move forward.

raztoki
< (less than)
> (greater than)
: (colon)
" (double quote)
/ (forward slash)
\ (backslash)
| (vertical bar or pipe)
? (question mark)
* (asterisk)

and becouse win can't use that signs all others must to suffer? i'm kidding, Real image name is still much better and looks nicer even without those sign.

p.s. i replied becouse have question. before few min JD report some small update, i update and now i have problem with JD. i didn't manage to HIDE JD app and i minimize JD window in Dock but now i can't back it. i'm still new on Forum (and confused), where did i supposed to post question about this?

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:42. Reason: evert of message
Old 13.09.2017, 19:52
japani

I don't know if this could be from interest!
bis2008[dot]frankbarth[dot]de[slash]pdf[slash]MACundPC[dot]pdf

Only a try, to translate the last two segments of "Tipps" from the MACundPC.pdf document:
"All users should not make use for the selection of the file names from Country-specific umlauts, spaces or special characters.
As special characters are only allowed the underscore as well as the point at extentions."

I have also read, that spaces on the end of file names for Windows are not allowed,
Old 13.09.2017, 20:47
prepametan

Quote:
I don't know if this could be from interest!
wow, [] was funny (maybe) first time...
if you are interested
Illegal Characters on Various Operating Systems
=> kb.acronis.com/content/39790
Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces (Windows)
=> msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx

Quote:
"All users should not make use for the selection of the file names from Country-specific umlauts, spaces or special characters.
As special characters are only allowed the underscore as well as the point at extentions."
"not make use"??? didn't DL or translate but i have no comment for that, except.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:42. Reason: revert of message
Old 16.09.2017, 18:09
prepametan

hm, just asking. i DL vico444 gallery as 'html-name' and found 17 pictures with more 'breaking space' in name. ok that's <title> tag but in HTML page name is OK with just one. if you some day make full core version for this can you add option to JD "reduce" more repetitive "space" characters on just one?

example
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** guy-607881783
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** <- 18 spaces!!!!

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:43. Reason: revert of message
Old 18.09.2017, 14:50
prepametan

JD still don't DL SWF files with 'html-name'. that's not a big problem if SWF have normal name but files with DA generic name not worth anything. example:
real title name => charlotte 2.0 nude kneeing mirrors animation by bobbyfisher272
DA generic name => eda3241a98b4913aea46e5977581b69e-dar8975.swf
log => 18.09.17 14.42.15 <--> 18.09.17 14.42.29 jdlog://2718514015941/

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 01:43. Reason: revert of message
Old 20.09.2017, 08:27
English Supporter

Fixed swf file name from title, please try again after plugin update.
Hope I didn't break the plugin.
Btw, do you have example link of "status"?