JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.01.2013, 01:18
Wind Gust

Default FBI Warning

I rarely come here, no need too. JD is the most well thought out freeware I think I've ever used. I searched the forum for "FBI" and found nothing, so I thought I should post this.

This morning I was happily downloading a file (movie) when an FBI Warning took over my whole computer. I could do nothing. No start button, no taskbar, couldn't even view taskmgr. Safe mode did work, tried to identify & remove this, but no luck. The warning wanted me to pay $300.00, or face formal charges of copy write infringement. How it got through my firewall I don't know. After spending several hours trying to reset my computer, I finally had to reload Win7 & all other programs, which I am still in the process of completing.

I thought I should post this for fellow downloaders in the USA. I strongly feel this was bogus, I will find out if and when I go to jail. If some of you can advise on further protection, or backups, I would be interested in hearing from you. I likewise will periodically review this post if you need further input from me.

Thanks for all the good work, and your attention to this post

awsmitty
Old 19.01.2013, 03:11
English Supporter

Generally this has happened either from something you have downloaded, or browsed on the web. It has infected your computer and generally it's called ransomeware. They threaten you, you pay the 'fine' and they disable the so called ransomeware. Google search could tell you more! _http://www.google.com.au/search?client=opera&q=ransomware+fbi&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 19.01.2013 at 13:10.
Old 19.01.2013, 09:36
Banned

On this page is exactly as described - a step-by-step how to delete and what the best software to remove malware/fake etc.

Code:
botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-fbi-moneypak-ransomware-virus-fake-fbi-malware-removal

Last edited by djmakinera; 19.01.2013 at 09:41.
Old 19.01.2013, 20:12
Wind Gust

Man, you guys are great; I do love ya. If I had the money I'd fly to Poland, Australia, etc, shake your hand, hug ya, slap your back, kiss your cheek, and buy all of ya a beer, but right now I'm unemployed, as is 20% of the world, however, the day shall come!

Last edited by awsmitty; 19.01.2013 at 20:14.