JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.03.2019, 12:15
Antipotheosis

Default Check online status function making linkchecker no longer collect links?

Hi I've noticed this problem a few times now and yesterday it has caused me a major problem, so I registered tonight to ask about it and also detail the problem in case it can be fixed.

Yesterday I was collecting many, many links to download in JDownloader 2 and half way into the day I saw some links in the main download page that had ? question marks in the availability field. Not remembering the previous times that I did this and lost my work, I right clicked on the link and checked the online status to see if the link is still active or not. I did this a few times since the first few reactivated those links.

The problem is that shortly after doing this, every single link that I add to the link checker doesn't get analyzed and added to the linkgrabber page. I spent several hours into the small hours of this morning getting more links and none of them are making it to the linkgrabber. I can tell which links were the last to be added to the linkgrabber but all I'm seeing now are 40 green circles with + signs inside to indicate that the linkgrabber *should* be working, but it isn't.

For the moment at least, I don't need to reset my computer or shut down the JDownloader 2 program, so it's been sitting there not collecting links but looking like it should for around 24 hours now. Downloading files using JDownloader 2 is working fine, but does anyone have any advice about the non-functioning linkchecker? I've tried aborting individual linkgrabber operations but I don't want to cancel the entire linkgrabber batch if I can help it. Same with restarting the program if that's going to make me lose all those links that I added to the program. That's half a day's work that I don't want to have to redo if there's a simple solution.

Any advice? it would be very much appreciated...
Old 06.03.2019, 14:46
JD Manager

Restarting JDownloader will not make you loose links that are already in list. Why would you think that? Would be pretty stupid if you aren't allowed to shutdown/restart JDownloader, wouldn't it ?

Links showing ? in availability field means that the plugin could not determine link status. This can be because of server issues, temporarily blocked issues or some other error message. We need example links and logs for this as this depends on the used hoster/site. Adding many many links can easily cause a temporarily block, so that would be my first guess.

Linkcrawler still running without any activity -> either the linkcrawler(s) is still running and just very slow (for example 1 link per minute) or the crawling is already finished but maybe a bug doesn't signal JDownloader that the process is finished. We are aware of a rar bug that might cause this but cannot reproduce it reliable to work on it.

Overall we need example links and best would be logs, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here
Old 06.03.2019, 16:00
Antipotheosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Restarting JDownloader will not make you loose links that are already in list. Why would you think that? Would be pretty stupid if you aren't allowed to shutdown/restart JDownloader, wouldn't it ?
The green rotating "clock" marks that indicate that links copied into the program are being checked and then added to the linkgrabber. That's the Linkcrawler? - okay. Sorry for not knowing that.

I had 40+ linkcrawlers not moving at all for around 24 hours. The only unusual thing I did that stopped those linkcrawlers from operating was to check the online status of question-marked links (the plugin could not determine link status) and after that every linkcrawler simply added to a queue that wasn't moving.

Unfortunately after I posted my first post above JDownloader 2 completely crashed and I had to restart it. I've lost all of those links that were being "processed" by the linkcrawlers. I've got an internet history of all the pages I visited the other day and into the evening, so I'll catch up with my work again in a few days probably... but what a bloody nuisance that the 'check the online status' option interferes with the linkcrawlers unless the entire program is restarted.

Perhaps there should be a warning box with a cancel/okay option added for the 'check the online status' option in JDownloader 2. That's my suggestion unless a better fix becomes available.
Old 06.03.2019, 16:07
JD Manager

Yes, the rotating icon in bottom right corner is an indicator for ongoing linkcrawling/checking. But due to a bug this rotating icon won't disapear when all done. I'm currently trying to reproduce/fix this.

Each time you add links via Dialog/Clipboard, a new indicator will be added.
JDownloader should NOT crash at all! How many links do you have in list? Can you please provide a screenshot of the about dialog of JDownloader. Maybe the crash/issue happens because you have too many links in list and Java not allowed to use enough memory. The screenshot will show those memory information.
Old 06.03.2019, 16:08
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipotheosis View Post
but what a bloody nuisance that the 'check the online status' option interferes with the linkcrawlers unless the entire program is restarted.
It doesn't interfere with linkcrawling. Those are two seperate processes.

Please provide infos requested in my previous post