JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.02.2010, 07:28
SaGGiO

Default Turn off only if Computer is inactive

Thats it... there should be an option to do this... cause sometimes... you leave your PC online at nights to download your favourite game... but when it finishes... the computer stays on... thats useless..

Although... if the download finish... when you are using the computer... then... it would be kind of stupid that the pc turns off in the middle of your work... so...

That is my idea... turn off the computer... only if the PC is inactive...
Old 26.02.2010, 13:42
remi

You can use the JD Shutdown add-on to shut your computer down when the downloads are finished or feed jD enough links to keep it running.

When other applications are still running they'll probably be shut down as well.

If you want to avoid other applications to be shut down when they aren't finished, then you need to use a shut down manager external to jD.
Old 27.02.2010, 08:26
SaGGiO

But... i think.. it wouldn't be that difficult to detect the innactive time of the pc... just track the movement of the mouse... when it stand still for 10 minutes for example, and no key is pressed... then the pc is inactive.. and the shutdown can be made...
Old 27.02.2010, 13:37
pajarraco

But, If you're using the pc, you can abort the shutdown with the dialog box that wil be displayed. BTW, perhaps you should just consider to uncheck the addon.
Old 27.02.2010, 14:05
remi

This is not an issue with jD and should be discussed with the developers of your O.S. I think that a computer should never shut down automatically when someone is working with it.
Old 28.02.2010, 03:40
SaGGiO

ok thanks... just didn't know about the dialog box to cancel... must have missed it... i'll check it out... thanks... pajarraco...