JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.05.2021, 04:06
Modem User

Default Check CRC after all files download

Apologies if I missed something - either a setting in the app, or something on the forums, but I searched and found nothing.

If there isn't a way already, it would be very useful to only CRC check (and re-download if chosen) files after all downloads finish. That way, when downloading multiple files at once, your hard drive isn't constantly jumping between reading and writing. I know some reads take place when writing files, but a CRC check is pretty heavy to lay on top of multiple downloads, especially if using a 5400RPM mechanical drive.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like I can just manually run the CRC task after selecting all once finished. I gotta wait for a big DL to finish to be sure, but if so, that works for me. I'd prefer it automatically kick in after all are done for ones that finish when I'm not around, but better.

Last edited by Hastor; 22.05.2021 at 04:34.
Old 23.05.2021, 16:04
JD Manager

Your system should easily be able to handle the download of files and a single running CRC check. Even 5400 RPM drives should have no problem with that. Of course it highly depends on the overall system specs and most importantly the download speed of your connection. If you can download faster than your system can write data to disk....

You should try to increase buffers to reduce overall IO. See Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.maxbuffersize
set to 2048 for example

Can you tell more about system? What's your download speed? System memory? What disk/model exactly is it?
Old 23.05.2021, 16:05
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastor View Post
If there isn't a way already, it would be very useful to only CRC check (and re-download if chosen) files after all downloads finish. I'd prefer it automatically kick in after all are done for ones that finish when I'm not around, but better.
The CRC check is part of the download because it depends on the result if the same file is tried again (maybe from mirror) and/or marked as failed...Doesn't make any sense to download large archive in multiple parts just to realize that 20GB worth of downloads are useless because the first part is broken/damaged and extraction not possible