JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.07.2010, 09:26
malarkey101

Default Hotfile Links Downloading Help

I find using JDownloader when i highlight multiple Hotfile links and add them to JDownloader it will only give me 5 connections per link. But if i select each link separately and add them to JDownloader i can get 15 connections for separate links.

So why can't i get 15 connections for each link when i highlight multiple links at once?

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.09.2010 at 09:03.
Old 04.07.2010, 09:32
JD Manager

we limited to 5 chunks because hotfile servers had/have issues with too many connections. 5 max chunks should be more than enough. more chunks is not always a good way to increase speed. for me i can get 1.6mbyte/s with one download and one chunk.
Old 04.07.2010, 11:14
malarkey101

Usually i find with around 12 to 15 chunks i can get speeds of 720 KB/s But with 5 i can only get between 300 & 500 KB/s.

Couldn't it work to have the maxium chunks when selecting multiple links. Then just adjust the connections manually to what works.

What i do is select a link add it to JDownloader then just change the connections to what works usually 15 works fine for me but if not then i just lower it to say 12 then it works.

Is there a way that in JDownloader you can make the connections higher or lower while a file is downloading. This way if a downloader doesn't work because the connections are to high you can just lower it & the download will start downloading automatically as the connections come down. For example if a Hotfile is set to 15 connections & the file doesn't work JDownloader will automatically lower the connections by 2 until the file would start.
Old 04.07.2010, 11:31
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkey101 View Post
For example if a Hotfile is set to 15 connections & the file doesn't work JDownloader will automatically lower the connections by 2 until the file would start.
no thats not possible at the moment and therefore we limit the max chunks to a value that works okay. we can add support for higher connection numbers, but in case of problems you have to lower it and rightclick and reset the download to use new number of chunks. dynamic chunk adaption is a feature of the new downloadsystem.
Old 04.07.2010, 11:44
malarkey101

If it as already set as 5 connections what about manually changing the numbers up as the file is downloading would that work.
Old 04.07.2010, 11:49
JD Manager

you cannot change chunk number without resetting file at the moment. jd can only handle a static number of chunks atm.
Old 04.07.2010, 13:56
malarkey101

Ok thanks for you help then Jiaz. I hope then in future developments of JDownloader we would see such changes like these.
Old 05.07.2010, 08:16
malarkey101

Can we please have the option of also having the connections set to 15. Because when highlighting multiple links instead of clicking each link individually can take a while. Plus after clicking a few links i find that it stops redirecting straight to JDownloader & just gives you a blank page especially if one file has about 29 parts.

You could leave the default to 5 connections. But also have the higher number option. This is because clicking multiple links one by one can take ages. Plus when using the Click n Load feature you won't be able to higher the numbers for connections.

Last edited by malarkey101; 05.07.2010 at 08:32.
Old 05.07.2010, 09:19
JD Manager

click and load has nothing to do with that (its just a link add feature).
the max is 5 chunks per connection at the moment (but i will think about option to increase that).

i dont know what you mean with highlightning and clicking....
highlightning multiple links is much faster than clikcing each single link..but again..what you are talking about. what does highlightning and clicking has to do with chunk settings?
Old 05.07.2010, 09:56
malarkey101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
i dont know what you mean with highlightning and clicking....
highlightning multiple links is much faster than clikcing each single link..but again..what you are talking about. what does highlightning and clicking has to do with chunk settings?
Yes it is much faster to highlight all links i would prefer to do it this way. But i would only get 5 connections. If i click each link separately i can set the connections to 15.

Quote:
click and load has nothing to do with that (its just a link add feature).
I mean by Click n Load will load multiple files at once. But in doing so i will still only get 5 connections with Hotfile.

Quote:
(but i will think about option to increase that).
Most appreciated thanks for that.

Last edited by malarkey101; 05.07.2010 at 10:03.
Old 12.09.2010, 08:54
malarkey101

Is it possible to manually change the hotfile links to more then 5 connections when copying multiple hotfile links.

I can only get more then 5 connections if i click each link individually. But this can take a long time.
Old 12.09.2010, 09:03
JD Manager

in settings-hoster-hotfile.com click settings
Old 12.09.2010, 14:17
malarkey101

Thanks Jiaz. I did not even realize that was there.