JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.11.2013, 19:37
Fumz

Default Speed difference between clients.

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with an issue I've been having since installing the beta2 client.

I have 2 clients, both installed at the same time, both updated. On one machine I get my full dl speed grabbing files 1 at a time: ~ 550kb/s. On the second machine my dl speeds are limited to ~ 350kb/s per file and so in order to get full speed I have to grab files 2 at a time by setting max simultaneous downloads to 2.

Oddly, I have had a couple issues with features going missing on my second client, but not on the first. They've been fixed easily, and I'm hoping there's some setting that will resolve this issue as well? I opened a trouble ticket in the support forum, but that didn't seem to help: the first machine was *always* able to run at full speed a single file at a time and except for an occasional file here and there the second machine has *never* run at full speed a single file at a time.

Is there some setting that limits transfer speeds per file? This issue only presented itself since moving to beta 2.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Fumz
Old 01.12.2013, 23:20
Community Manager

Speed is influenced by:
-Your ISP
-Hardware
-Firewall/AV Scanner
-Limitations in JD (ONLY IF YOU set a limit)
-The servers you're downloading from

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 02.12.2013, 09:56
Fumz

I can download a single file at a time on one machine at 550kb/s. This is how jdownloader has worked for me for a couple years now on both machines. Now, immediately after installing the beta client, one machine is fine but the second machine no longer gets full speed *per file*. On the second machine, if I want the client to reach my full speed, I have to two files run concurrently.

The fact that I can get full speed if I download more than 1 file at a time on the second machine, and I always get full speed downloading 1 file at a time on the first machine leads me to conclude theres some limit that's been set.

As I said, the second client has changed a few settings willy nilly after updating. These odd occurrences only happen on the machine that no longer gets full speed 1 file at a time.
Where can I find the settings for limits and how can I change them to have no limits? It's not the hardware, isp, firewall, or servers.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 02.12.2013, 20:47
Community Manager

Please double-check the speed with an external tool.
Also you can enter our support chat between 9-18 o clock, german working time and contact coalado!

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?