JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.03.2019, 03:30
Bandwidth Beast

Default Linkgrabber and auto-extractor question

Hello,

My first question is, is there a way to auto-remove words from a file linkgrabber catches. For example, if a site always puts ABC123 in the front or the back of their file name, can I have linkgrabber automatically remove this if it sees it?

My second question is, is there a way that the auto-extractor, can rename a file or folder it extracts, after the name of the .rar?
I want to mostly do this for rars that contain one video file. Which I have it set to not make a sub-folder if there is only one file. I would like it to rename this one file to the name of the archive.

If I make an extraction with more then one file, it will make a subfolder with the files in it. I would then like this sub-folder to be named after the .rar if this is possible.

Thank you
Old 26.03.2019, 16:14
JD Manager

Yes, simple 'cut off' at the start/end is easily possible via Settings-Packagizer. There you can create a rule and 'remove' the unwanted parts of filename. We can help best with that when you provide real example links. Either post them here or send to support@jdownloader.org

Your 2nd question. Yes and no. You can set Settings-Extraction and extract into a subfolder and either use the Package name or Archive name for subfolder name.
Hmm. do you want to rename the file or the folder? That's bit unclear.
Also would help us a lot if you can provide real examples and tell us what exactly you want to happen
Old 30.03.2019, 21:44
Bandwidth Beast

Hi Jiaz.

Pretty much some sites, will have a video file in a .rar archive, in multiple parts. They will name all of the rars WEBSITENAME-FileName-KTR. WEBSITENAME and KTR are always in the front and back of all files no matter what. Inside the .rar, the video file name, is named exactly the same as the .rar. Except with the .mp4 extension.

So I would want to first remove WEBSITENAME and KTR from the front and back of the rar(s). Then I will sometimes add things to the rar name that I want. Like for example I will put "_1080p" at the end of the rar name.

Second, when the video file is extracted, I would like the video to be renamed to the SAME as the archive name. So if the archive was named BestVideoABC123_1080p.rar, I would like the video renamed to BestVideoABC123_1080p.mp4.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Edit: One other quick unrelated question. Is it possible after I do a search in downloads. That when I remove the search, JD goes back down to the bottom of the list, and not the top?

Last edited by heydoh; 30.03.2019 at 22:11.
Old 01.04.2019, 16:11
JD Manager

With help of packagizer it should be possible to remove the WEBSITENAME and KTR from filename and maybe even from extracted filename (as the packagizer rules can also run within extraction). The 2nd part with 'adding/changing' archive(parts) name and use it for extraction, that's currently only support as a subfolder during extraction but not for the individual extracted files. You could also make use of the Eventscripter and write a script that auto renames the extracted files after extraction and remove WEBSITENAME and KTR and also add additional infos. For example write them into comment field and script will read comment and then add to filename. Check https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525 and ask mgpai for help. He's our Scriptmaster!
Old 01.04.2019, 16:12
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydoh View Post
Edit: One other quick unrelated question. Is it possible after I do a search in downloads. That when I remove the search, JD goes back down to the bottom of the list, and not the top?
What search exactly do you use? I'm asking because there are several ones. JDownloader always tries to restore the last selection but in case the selection got removed because of filtering/search, then it doesn't 'know' the last selection/position and therefore scroll back to top.
Old 09.04.2019, 03:13
Bandwidth Beast

Will ask the scriptmaster for above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
What search exactly do you use? I'm asking because there are several ones. JDownloader always tries to restore the last selection but in case the selection got removed because of filtering/search, then it doesn't 'know' the last selection/position and therefore scroll back to top.
For example in the downloads tab, I have it set to search by file name and it is sorted by date added (my newest files are set on the bottom like I like). But when I do a search on the bottom for file name, after I remove the search, my file lise scrolls all the way to the top (where my oldest downloads are). Hope this makes sense.

Similar question (sorry for all the questions) - is there a way to save window size? For example when I set download path in linkgrabber, I will stretch it to see the full path. But it will soon revert back to a squished window after a while (cant remember if it reverts at the next download).
Old 09.04.2019, 16:04
JD Manager

Instead of sorting the view, I suggest to enable
Settings-Advanced Settings-LinkgrabberSettings.linkgrabberaddattop
that way new added links will be added at top of the list and not bottom.

JDownloader can only restore the scrollposition if there is an existing selection to restore. Would require more complex changes and currently not planned, sorry.

Window sizes should be stored. Can you provide a screenshot of the dialog. Some dialogs have a max dimension to store to avoid *ultra large* dialogs. then I can check and maybe update that dialog
Old 13.04.2019, 06:38
Bandwidth Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Instead of sorting the view, I suggest to enable
Settings-Advanced Settings-LinkgrabberSettings.linkgrabberaddattop
that way new added links will be added at top of the list and not bottom.

JDownloader can only restore the scrollposition if there is an existing selection to restore. Would require more complex changes and currently not planned, sorry.

Window sizes should be stored. Can you provide a screenshot of the dialog. Some dialogs have a max dimension to store to avoid *ultra large* dialogs. then I can check and maybe update that dialog
Oh okay. The dialog I mostly want to stay with the same dimensions is the linkgrabber rename, but lately it looks like it is saving dimension. I will let you know if it stops.
Old 15.04.2019, 12:00
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe you didn't close JDownloader properly in the past? Dialog dimension/position is stored on shutdown.

Did you take a look at linkgrabberaddattop ?
Old 16.04.2019, 02:24
Bandwidth Beast

Hello, I would actually like new links added to the bottom.

I try to close jdownloader with the exit button but sometimes I restart my PC without doing that or kill the process in task manager if it hangs. Maybe that is why it resets?
Old 16.04.2019, 10:36
JD Manager

Killing JD doesn't reset the settings but simply those changes won't saved.